• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Okay FN SPR guys, what are you running.....

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
....in your rifle?

Reloads or Factory Ammo?

If you reload what weight bullet, powder charge, etc.

I'll work up properly and rarely, if ever, load to max.

Right now in the reloading room I have some:

Varget, Reloader 19, Reloader 15, H335, IMR 4064 and 4895 (off the top of my head)

I have a few 155 Laupa Scenars, 155 Sierra Palma, 178 grain A-Max. Less than 10 each.

I've got a full box of Hornady 165 BTSP and a few hundred PRVI 168 grain match.

So, I need to order projectiles. Could you guys give me some idea so I can load up and see what the rifle likes. Hopefully, it'll ship by the end of the week.

Thanks.

Re: Okay FN SPR guys, what are you running.....

I found that 175 Sierra matchkings behind Varget and Fed 210M primers worked great. The gun(s) also like Black Hills 175 moly and naked. Note FGMM 168 ammo also shot really well.

Not an SPR but my PBR XP likes the 155gr Palma's pushed by Varget.

My SPR A1a (20 in fluted barrel) shoots Federal Gold 168 gn, Remington Match 168 and Hornady Match HPBT and also the A-Max very well. Most 3 shot grps are easily sub half MOA and I've gotten really small gps (about .15) from the Hornady Amax match rounds....great rounds!

BTW....she also shoots the Hornady Amax 155 grn into tiny grps (1/4 moa most of the time)...

I have a FN A3-G....it shoots sub MOA. I talk to Bob @ FNH
he said, that the FN SPR A3-G, is chambered for the FGMM 168gr.
my test targets from FN (2 / 5 shot gruops) were .27 & .29.
Thats with FGMM 168gr. It's a guaranteed 1/2 gun from the factory.

Handloads.......168gr. A-MAX over 42gr. Varget M210 primers.
175gr. SMK over 44gr. Varget M210 primers.
They don't shoot like the FGMM but, still 1/2 groups.

cant go wrong with the FN A3-G

LOBO 151

Long time load used in all 3 of my tactical rifles.

Lapua brass neck sized
CCI BR-2 primer
43.5 IMR-4064
Nosler 168 Custom Comp Bullet

Varget powder is also very good, just get better groups with the IMR.

Cool. I also found a box of 155 grain Berger VLD's.

Looks like I need to stock up on some heavier projectiles too.

The new berger 168 hybrid is calling my name... g7 slightly greater than the new 175 LR BT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new berger 168 hybrid is calling my name... g7 slightly greater than the new 175 LR BT. </div></div>

Does this mean that it'll stay supersonic past 1K yards?

I use 43gr IMR 4064 with the sierra match king 168's at 2.8" COL. I've been consistently shooting 1/2 (sometimes better) groups. Ive heard that federal puts 4064 in their gmm loads. 6mmbr.com gives some good loads for 308 as well. Out of curiosity I pulled a bullet from a federal gmm round and measured the powder. I cannot say for sure but it was 43gr of what appeared to be 4064.

I've been running A-Max's and FGMM in 168gr. Both have been performing equally well and making pretty small groups even with me being very much a beginner. When I went up to the 175's the groups opened up noticeably, but they still weren't bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new berger 168 hybrid is calling my name... g7 slightly greater than the new 175 LR BT. </div></div>

Does this mean that it'll stay supersonic past 1K yards? </div></div>

Yes, longer distence than the 175smk. It has a proper boat tail so no unstablity issues like the 168smk. Since its 7grains lighter than a 175 you should be able to send it down range quicker
wink.gif

I've had great sucsess with black hills 168gr match. 1000 yard sucsess. I've put 500 rounds through it. 1/2-3/8 moa regularly. 5 shot group at 400 yards 3in. Great stuff good prices too.

libertyman777, my FN SPR A1 load is listed below. With this load, if I'am having a good day, it will print a 5-round ragged hole at 100 yards. It also works well out to 1000 yards.

175 SMKs
44.5 of Varget
FC or Win Cases
CCI 200 Primers

CDAT
004-2.jpg

hand rolled 6.5 Creedmoor. 42.2 4350/140 amax.

Haha, since you are jonesin'

LucyandBuckonlanding004.jpg