• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Oklahoma Shed Hunting

retrieverman

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2006
Texas
My youngest son, Jake, my Lab pup, Annie, and I went to my parent's place in NW Oklahoma this weekend for a turkey and shed hunt, but it ended up just as a shed hunt. We probably walked 20+ miles and only came up with 13 shed and one skull, but of those, I hit the mother lode and found a match set that measured 130 inches.

Here are some pictures from the weekend.
2009EasterShedandTurkeyhunt136Mediu.jpg

2009EasterShedandTurkeyhunt139Mediu.jpg

2009EasterShedandTurkeyhunt092Mediu.jpg

2009EasterShedandTurkeyhunt109Mediu.jpg

2009EasterShedandTurkeyhunt096Mediu.jpg

Re: Oklahoma Shed Hunting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sl78928</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did your dog help you find them </div></div>

No, she is trained to blood trail game, but I am starting to work with her on sheds too. She was just along for the ride this time.

Ventosa Kennels trains shed dogs and I think there is a write up about it on his website.

ain't much to it , just like a drug dog, get em amped on the sheds chunk give retrieve command and its on. RM what happend to that finnlite in 243 sho was sweet..Nice sheds btw.