• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns "Ol' Faithful" gets a make-over

Da-Law-Dawg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2008
Russell Springs, KY
Thought I'd share a few pics of "Ol' Faithful". Started with me as my first duty side-arm almost a decade and a half ago. My father purchased her off of me and he gave her back to me as a gift. I figured she was worth giving a little love to considering I retired her and brought her back!
laugh.gif

First pics were how I carried her back then. She started life as a "bone-stock" 1991 A1 Colt Gov't Model.

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

Here she is as she now sits......

Briley spherical bushing, Brown one-piece guide rod, Wilson 17# spring and Novsk Rail round out the front. The rear-end gotta big re-do. S&A smooth mainspring housing w/magwell, Baer ambi safety, Wilson beavertail and hammer, Baer extended mag release, STI Match trigger and Dura-Grip Magwell "Peanut" grips round the back side out.

IMAG0180-1.jpg

IMAG0181-1.jpg

Re: "Ol' Faithful" gets a make-over

Looking good...1911s are always the best. Did you do the work your self? How's it shoot now?

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

As for the work, all of my own hand. I left the slide to frame fit alone as she has always ran like a Singer sewing machine and in a word.....reliable. Haven't had the chance to shoot her after the mods but have a qualification scheduled this week at work. Will give her a good run-through then.

Looks good both ways. Great guns, love to see the unique touches on different 1911's

Very nice. I still gotta get me one of them there 1911's.

Looks great. You really should switch the sights out for something bigger. You'd be surprised how much it'll help.

Great looking gun! Great job on the customizations. The gun looks terrific in original condition, but looks even better with the mods. Although I do agree with Downzero that bigger sights would help.

Reminds me of my old 1911 Series 80. Sold it to pay for my car. I never shoulda done that!

Anyway, great job!

Thanks fellas, sights are coming. Gonna throw a set of XS Big Dot Tritiums on in the near future. My 1911 guy has already got the call, waiting on him to free up some work.