• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old Lady with a gun or two

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
My Old Lady just took off for the range with her "TRIO"
I don't know about who came up with Panty 6, but it fits.
She has bought a Ruger MKII, a Beretta NEOS, and recently a S&W 22s.
Damn, I can't buy enough ammo to feed her needs, but do try.
What I fail to come up with, she somehow finds in other places.
Checking my supply, I find her fingerprints on my stash.
If only all of us could have a Lady like this, there would be no problems when we want to buy something neat to shoot.
Here I go ." With a smile on my face."
Regards, FM

Re: Old Lady with a gun or two

She brings home nice targets, and shows me how many turns or clicks she made to get to the center.
Targets marked and adjustments made.
I had done that before with rifles, and shown her, so I guess the lessons finally took.
I feel blessed with how she is doing this and that she listened about making sight adjustments, marking them down and going from there.
It only took 38 years of marital bliss for her to finally understand where I was coming from.
Such is the woman.
Regards, FM

It is nice to have a wife that shoots. Some of them can outshoot their husbands!!!!

Sometimes it great to have the wife involved,but sometimes it not, when she can carry her own wait. Mine expects me to get all her stuff to gether along with mine and heaven forbid I forget something.

Wow, if we could all have a lady like that!
blush.gif

My Squaw doesn't want me to carry anything nor set anything up for her. She has acquired all kinds of neat stuff, bags, targets and target holders a strong portable table etc.
This is her deal.
I have tried to help with cleaning but was told,"These are my guns, don't fuck with them, go clean your rifles but these are mine."
All I do is get the cleaning stuff out and get out of the way. She knows to clean from the chamber forward so that lesson was learned.
She tells me what products she wants as to bore cleaner, lube etc. so I know she has done her research.
I shoot her guns on invite only and understand that, as I didn't want her messing with my rifles.
Can she out shoot me with these handguns? Hell yes!!!Many times over.
Glad to have her as a shooter after 38 years and knowing what is hers and why I love shooting my rifles.
There is a God, I just wish He would quit guiding my Squaw as to buying new guns.
On the other hand, There are never too many guns and it is her money.
I foresee a really nice target pistol coming this way.
Any thoughts?
Regards, FM

Any thought? Yeah I am jealous. My wife says she likes to shoot and I've bought her a couple nice guns but when it comes time to hit the range she always has some excuse not to.

No doubt, I am blessed.
This all came about after she reassembled a Ruger MKII that belongs to a friend while I was off elk hunting.
Someone had torn it down to the last pin, spring, etc.
I had tried to put it back together but could not find a good enough diagram so it sat in the shop for a few years.
After I got my elk I called home and she told me she had put it together and was shooting it.
It belongs to my best friend and I knew she wanted to keep it but also that she knew it had to go home.
I told her to buy another one to replace it and she went nuts, hence The Trio.
She takes her friends and co-workers to the range with her and shows them how it is done.[all female] and there are three now looking for guns they want.
Our range is now cleaner than ever, as how do these younger shooters tell this 62 year old Grandma they aren't going to pick up brass, targets etc. when she just out shot them?
She puts a boot up their ass.
Actually, they just listen to her and then have Police call, no questions asked.
I think the best part for her is when the younger shooters ask her advice and she shows them.
Regards, FM

My bride doesn't shoot as much as I would like her too, but she does do some practice on defensive drills with her carry piece once a month. I would like to get her into long range but she says she doesn't want to embarrass herself.I tried to explain that very few shooters do well at first, and that it's a never ending learning curve to do well at greater distance. I'm going to keep working on her on it. Maybe she will come around. Congrats on having a wife who loves it and teaches others. She sounds like a real jewel.

I do understand, The Old Lady shows no interest in shooting the rifles with me.
"It's your thing, do what you wanna do, I can't tell you how to sock it to."
My Squaw got the forklift out and had her students and/or minions out at the range over the weekend.
They made firing lanes out of junk cars and are starting to stretch them out to 200 M. all the while using their 22 s for practice.
They picked up trash and shot up targets and as it is now about time for school to let out, I would imagine they will be out there again.
I must go now as there are 2 kids here ready to get the pickup going as they need it to pick up "junk" at the range.
It does not get much better than this as far as I am concerned.
I am going out to get the truck ready now.
Regards, FM
PS A Mom just showed up with gloves in hand ready to go. I will give the keys to the truck to her son as I believe he has more sense than her.

Over the weekend, my Squaw and junior shooters moved things around a bit with the forklift and re-aligned a few junk cars and made their shooting place a lot better.
They opened up lanes for 200 yds. and mostly made things better for up to 100 yds. 22 shooting.
There was one other Mom there that had some gloves but was smart enough to stay the hell out of the way. At least she was there and willing to help. I stayed the hell out of the way too, unless needed.
It looked to me like a Cub Scout Den with the Den Mom on a forklift.
I am sure some of those kids were in the Den 20 years ago and many have deployed a time or two and are now much older.
Still kids to me. But they By God ,Got er Done.
The range is nice now, has a few Old Farts hanging around to provide equipment and material and used by only a select few but all are welcome provided they pass muster by The Squaw.
Regards, FM