• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Old People. Everywhere

So I'm guessing @deersniper has thoughtfully restocked his elders pantry
saving them the exposure. Good for you .

The government has explained the circumstances to me.

I am a full grown ass free man I access my own threat level.

Can't understand your problem as you aggree I am expendable.

I agree. Puzzling.
I don’t understand the unbridled hatred for different ages. Lot of wrong information out there.
As to old people being out and about, not here. Other than in the grocery store I don’t see them anywhere.
On the news though, I do see groups of young people cluttering the beaches in Florida.

I wonder if these same opinions would be out there if the mortality curve on this hammered the 45 and under group. I can’t see “the old people” posting death wishes for younger people.

And @RyanScott your statement is reprehensible. Enough said. Karma has a way of dealing with people who think as you seem to.

That’s not apples to apples though.

No respirator for you then. Hopefully you won't need it.

it wouldn’t do any good cause I’m not shaving if my man hair...

C3384832-9010-4496-835B-BBE7E63DEB99.jpeg

From what I'm seeing we in the middle of the good old USA are better off then those in the more knowledgeable, better than thou states so I can only hope they stay where they are and hope it stays that way during hunting season but I know you all will be heading out to hunt hell or high water then preach about nobody staying put in hiding

Reactions: Caveman Jim
What makes you think your in charge of respirators.
And don't think for a minute it can't be taken if wanted. Some folks don't care.
You may need the context of my previous post.

I said people should be free to do what they want. But in relation to the shortage of hospital resources, those that choose to live vicariously at this time should voluntarily forfeit their place in the medical system if they test positive and had chose not to follow medical advice.

I don't find it an extreme position, but one that solves the problem at a high level and gets those that want to work and/or carry on, carrying on.

So they treat sodomites with aids but throw grampa under the buss for a naked beach party drinking tequila shots on spring break.

Wow

Aids ain't over running the hospitals and causing medical personal to run til exhaustion last time I checked.

I swear many just have no idea the hand that's reaching out of heaven and gonna smack the shit out of us from here til the end.

Our apathy earned it.

At some point in life I decided not to gaf about opinoins of people that think they are in charge 24/7 when they are not.
At some point in time during the day on their designated turf they may be.

The rest of the time they only count one and are no more in charge of anyone.

Some can't get that.

This whole thing about "SOCIAL DISTANCING " is nothing new. The older generation has been practicing it for years . Only they never called it social distancing , they called it "GET THE FU@$ OFF MY LAWN " !

IF your drunk ass hadn't rolled the pickup truck with 8000 flat beer cans in the back and scattered them all over the yard, AND
you stood on the cab to piss on their bedroom window, AND
you did all that shit naked,

They would not have told u to get the F off their lawn......
Dude-ette!!!!!
?????

I think if some punk fucker is afraid of the older generations, they best stay at home before some old guy wearing "vietnam vetran" cap shoves his foot twixt said fuckers bitch ass. Just sayin.....

I'm a retired old fuck living on your money. OP ?
I went hunting yesterday and shot 2 fox, fuckin pheasant killing sons a bitches. Then I went ice fishing the day before and caught a bunch of panfish, the wife is a happy camper, damn sunnies are good.

Again I thank you for your donations, I Took a spin around the farm today and put the back wheels through the ice.
It woke my ass up! Enough of that shit, gonna walk out tomorrow instead of using the SxS.

Be careful on that ice if it's getting sketchy.

Was a kid in Kansas playing on the frozen lake. Went home for lunch and when I came back there was a hole and one friend missing.

I've been scared since.

• Sad
Reactions: Caveman Jim
Huh?
Don’t get your premise.

To clarify: comparing these people at different stages of life, with different dependents, while paying very different costs is not apples to apples. You can’t just shift the effected demographic.

Apples to apples would be more like: if this had happened when us old guys were in the prime of our lives (1970-90), we would have gladly faced total economic collapse, bankruptcy, and homelessness to do our part to help limit the risk to the greatest generation. Furthermore, we had far too much reverence for our elders to point out to them that continuing to live their lives as if nothing was happening was treating our sacrifice cavalierly.

I don’t agree with the your position or the OPs.

At some point in life I decided not to gaf about opinoins of people that think they are in charge 24/7 when they are not.
At some point in time during the day on their designated turf they may be.

The rest of the time they only count one and are no more in charge of anyone.

Some can't get that.
When some of us returned from Nam we were spit on, called baby killers, druggies and a number of other things, we didn't have PTSD we were just worthless bastards.
I never had problem with anything, 11 jobs in 9 mos.
working in the mine years later the president of the VFW asked me to join as the members were getting old and needed new blood to continue, my answer was eat shit and die because I never seen a soul sticking up for the men and women returning home.
Never been in a VFW or any other place like that since before I left for Nam, never will either.
So, you can bitch about us old guys and i'll tell you keep working I need your MONEY LOL

This is not an old people vs young people pandemic. These patients are real people. High risk patients in hospitals are scared, they don’t know whether they survive or not. They come in for one thing, next their being ruled out for COVID 19 and its knocking on heavens door from there. The dice rolled against the 50 and above population. If you didn’t fall in that high risk group be thankful, maybe we won’t be as lucky next time.
Lets put some perspective on the matter, I’m sure most of us would agree that we wouldn’t want the owner of this site to be infected by this...

Reactions: Dewey7271
IF your drunk ass hadn't rolled the pickup truck with 8000 flat beer cans in the back and scattered them all over the yard, AND
you stood on the cab to piss on their bedroom window, AND
you did all that shit naked,

They would not have told u to get the F off their lawn......
Dude-ette!!!!!
?????
I just knew the truth would come out one day,...

To clarify: comparing these people at different stages of life, with different dependents, while paying very different costs is not apples to apples. You can’t just shift the effected demographic.

Apples to apples would be more like: if this had happened when us old guys were in the prime of our lives (1970-90), we would have gladly faced total economic collapse, bankruptcy, and homelessness to do our part to help limit the risk to the greatest generation. Furthermore, we had far too much reverence for our elders to point out to them that continuing to live their lives as if nothing was happening was treating our sacrifice cavalierly.

Ah, ok. Now I see.
While I agree with you in that we would not have wished I’ll on our elders my point was the change in the paradigm between young and old now versus the past.
Truce?

Slightly different perspective.

We, old, mid, and young are in this together. Its like we are on a train with no way off, we all ride it together to the end crash.

Some old people die, some in the middle die, some young die. Some of all survive. It's not the titanic with zero lifeboats.

42 year old mother of 6 dies of covid. Ok. Not young, not old. Just one example. Old near dead in a care home dieing, ok, we expected that. Young dieing, gonna happen, covid, flu, crazy parent, something, life thins the herd.

Every place I've been in life that had a success story, everybody pretty much worked as a team. Older experienced people taught the younger ones, younger people showed old dogs how to work new things. Young people attacked the job hard, and some didnt finish the day, old people worked at a measured pace, and finished the day. Together they learned how to get through the day and get it done where everybody benefitted.

However, in all the types, seems there was the usual asshole, old grumpy growling snarling fucker nobody could stand, middle type that took advantage of anybody to advance, young fuck off bitching about everything and how unfair it was.

And you can swap the ages with the categories, grumpy, growl, and snarl isnt limited to old and fuck off bitch isnt limited to young.

It wasnt until we got to leisure time and idea of fun, that the age variance started to show up.

I didnt resent what the others chose to do for fun. Was their free choice when the job was done, sometimes we had block parties where all of us joined in.

In my world, today, it's still that way. I could give a bunch more examples but, no need.

In the here and now, our old people will and are sharing with younger people. The younger people are doing heavy lifting. The middle is helping both and benefiting from both.
If you arent of that mindset a few of our group might get unfriendly and say something ugly, that would give the impression somebody old might not like somebody middle or young. Or reverse.

And, no, it is not this way everywhere here, but more so than what this board topic appears to present.

Haters will be haters. Resenters gonna be resenters.
And the majority of us dont want haters or resenters pushing their shit on us.
Our "fuck you" back atcha response might be uglier.

Truce accepted. I’m not advocating either side. I’m trying to turn the hearts of the sons to their fathers, and the fathers to their sons.

Reactions: Dewey7271
Slightly different perspective.

We, old, mid, and young are in this together. Its like we are on a train with no way off, we all ride it together to the end crash.

Some old people die, some in the middle die, some young die. Some of all survive. It's not the titanic with zero lifeboats.

42 year old mother of 6 dies of covid. Ok. Not young, not old. Just one example. Old near dead in a care home dieing, ok, we expected that. Young dieing, gonna happen, covid, flu, crazy parent, something, life thins the herd.

Every place I've been in life that had a success story, everybody pretty much worked as a team. Older experienced people taught the younger ones, younger people showed old dogs how to work new things. Young people attacked the job hard, and some didnt finish the day, old people worked at a measured pace, and finished the day. Together they learned how to get through the day and get it done where everybody benefitted.

However, in all the types, seems there was the usual asshole, old grumpy growling snarling fucker nobody could stand, middle type that took advantage of anybody to advance, young fuck off bitching about everything and how unfair it was.

And you can swap the ages with the categories, grumpy, growl, and snarl isnt limited to old and fuck off bitch isnt limited to young.

It wasnt until we got to leisure time and idea of fun, that the age variance started to show up.

I didnt resent what the others chose to do for fun. Was their free choice when the job was done, sometimes we had block parties where all of us joined in.

In my world, today, it's still that way. I could give a bunch more examples but, no need.

In the here and now, our old people will and are sharing with younger people. The younger people are doing heavy lifting. The middle is helping both and benefiting from both.
If you arent of that mindset a few of our group might get unfriendly and say something ugly, that would give the impression somebody old might not like somebody middle or young. Or reverse.

And, no, it is not this way everywhere here, but more so than what this board topic appears to present.

Haters will be haters. Resenters gonna be resenters.
And the majority of us dont want haters or resenters pushing their shit on us.
Our "fuck you" back atcha response might be uglier.
See there you go again,....Always fucking up a good pissing contest with logic. just go ahead an Add,.... "Thread Killer",.... under your name.

Reactions: Ravenworks
“Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

Did any of you figure that your inconvenience was shared by all the old as well?

You poor poor crying bitches.

There are a lot more tv stations now so none of you pissy babies will have to miss flipper.

Since this is basically a lockdown to help the unhealthy, every time I drive by a McDonald’s I’m running in and slapping the shit out of everyone. It’s a health emergency btw.

Lol buying stuff doesn’t ruin economies
It does when there is not any left for the old fuckers trying to buy a 4-pack of TP and some food for next week... That's why a lot of 'old fuckers' are out there...I don't see a lot of 'old fuckers' with multiple grocery carts loaded with nothing but ALL the meat in the meat department...Or, ALL the TP/bottled water on the shelves...Give me a break!!!

I'm a retired old fuck living on your money. OP ?
I went hunting yesterday and shot 2 fox, fuckin pheasant killing sons a bitches. Then I went ice fishing the day before and caught a bunch of panfish, the wife is a happy camper, damn sunnies are good.

Again I thank you for your donations, I Took a spin around the farm today and put the back wheels through the ice.
It woke my ass up! Enough of that shit, gonna walk out tomorrow instead of using the SxS.

This logic mystifies me.

I have worked and paid taxes for more than 40 years. I filed my first tax return when I was 16 years old. When I draw Social Security I "won't be living of your money". It's my fucking money. If the idiots in government spent it already then they still owe me mine.

Same goes for Medicare, I paid for it for the last 40 years. If you don't want to pay my medical, gimme my fucking money back and I'll do it myself.

I have worked three jobs over 40 years and am vested in three different pensions, so eventually three different entities will be paying me, federal, state and utility district retirements. They offered, this was part of the package and I did my end of the deal. So when idiots start running their mouths about me "stealing from them or stealing from taxpayers" I politely say, "fuck you." This was part of the compensation package offered by them to hire people like me, I earned it and paid into it as well.

Hopefully, the democrats won't destroy the economy for good this time......................God knows they try every single crisis real or imagined.

I know people think it is funny to mock the young and stupid by telling them they are paying for your retirement. Just try and remember, this generation is particularly stupid, poorly educated and utterly uninformed. These dumb bastards believe it and they are so hard headed and poorly educated you cannot use facts to show them otherwise.

This logic mystifies me.

I have worked and paid taxes for more than 40 years. I filed my first tax return when I was 16 years old. When I draw Social Security I "won't be living of your money". It's my fucking money. If the idiots in government spent it already then they still owe me mine.

Same goes for Medicare, I paid for it for the last 40 years. If you don't want to pay my medical, gimme my fucking money back and I'll do it myself.

I have worked three jobs over 40 years and am vested in three different pensions, so eventually three different entities will be paying me, federal, state and utility district retirements. They offered, this was part of the package and I did my end of the deal. So when idiots start running their mouths about me "stealing from them or stealing from taxpayers" I politely say, "fuck you." This was part of the compensation package offered by them to hire people like me, I earned it and paid into it as well.

Hopefully, the democrats won't destroy the economy for good this time......................God knows they try every single crisis real or imagined.

I know people think it is funny to mock the young and stupid by telling them they are paying for your retirement. Just try and remember, this generation is particularly stupid, poorly educated and utterly uninformed. These dumb bastards believe it and they are so hard headed and poorly educated you cannot use facts to show them otherwise.
I’m gonna lol when state and local .govs go bankrupt and all those pensions get a hair cut. The same thing that would happen in the private sector when unions squeeze foo much blood out and company goes bankrupt.

Used to be .gov “workers” enjoyed little threat of firing or layoff but reviewed less pay and benefits than the private sector.
Now they still have that but make more than the people actually producing something and paying their check

And three retirements. That’s another problem with our country. Where would you work in a real job and end up with three retirements.

All of this age bickering shit really bothers me. When I got back I was spit on and didn't want any more fighting but I did make a couple of exceptions for the ones that needed the ass kicking they received. Small rural town here, on my left is a young couple trying hard to make ends meet, other side a 90 year old widow living alone. The kids play music too loud and their dog sometimes barks so I just politely ask them WTF is wrong with you, or lob an M80 in their backyard to shut the dog up. They are young and don't have a clue whats happening now and the old gal is bitchier than I am. But I have helped both in the past and will continue to do so. Some of you just need to STFU and you know who you are.

Believe me if we could restrict you to only collecting what you paid in, we would.
Who is fuckin (we)?
I'd be more than happy with that but make sure it includes intrest equal to what I could have made by investing it.
I suppose you would be okay with that if they (we) would apply that to you?

I’m gonna lol when state and local .govs go bankrupt and all those pensions get a hair cut. The same thing that would happen in the private sector when unions squeeze foo much blood out and company goes bankrupt.

Used to be .gov “workers” enjoyed little threat of firing or layoff but reviewed less pay and benefits than the private sector.
Now they still have that but make more than the people actually producing something and paying their check

And three retirements. That’s another problem with our country. Where would you work in a real job and end up with three retirements.

Last year I produced electricity for seven western states. I love it when some fucktard barista assumes people who work for the government produce nothing. Literally, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Every weekend and holiday my associates and I are working away while you are sitting on the couch picking your nose and eating it.

Same with every other gig, you want drinking water 24/7/365? Where do you think it comes from? You want someone to operate a dam, 40 miles from the nearest doctor, grocery store or pizza joint? That shit ain't free champ.

I cost money because I make money and lots of it. The last place i worked had 17 employees and we made well over $100 million a year in electricity. All the maintenance and operations for three facilities over a large remote geographic area 24/7/365. If you get injured, it's an hour wait for the helicopter and an hour ride to the hospital. Skill and risk require reward bitch, that is how it works. Spend $3 million in labor and $5 million in maintenance and you still have $92,000,000 of revenue to squander.

Why would fucking idiots think my skills are free or valueless? That's easy.......................because like you, they are fucking idiots.

Most places vest in five to seven years, three jobs, three pensions for an adult is not impossible. That is how it works when you don't work at Starbuck's.

lonegunman, do you know what capital investments cost or did you leave them out of your post for a reason?

Who is fuckin (we)?
I'd be more than happy with that but make sure it includes intrest equal to what I could have made by investing it.
I suppose you would be okay with that if they (we) would apply that to you?

We is everyone you’re upset with. Typically medicare recipients will recover several times what they paid in. Social security depends on income. Poor people get back 1.5 or 2x what they paid in and the reverse for wealthier people. Except your money was spent the week you paid it in and you are entitled to nothing except what Congress says you are entitled to. You’d probably like Singapore in some ways. Look it up.

Reactions: deersniper
Believe me if we could restrict you to only collecting what you paid in, we would.
Who would that we be, the lazy fucks like you?
Who started SS-------> them rats
Who stole the SS trust fund in 1965---------> them rats
Who forced everyone to the point of jailing people who did not pay in to SS--------> then rats
You ID with them all the time----------> what does the make you? Laughing

You're not as smart as you try to make people think, reading from their script. It was funny how you were outed for what you are, less then a week after being here, then you dropped from the radar shortly there after.

Reactions: Zeroit
Last year I produced electricity for seven western states. I love it when some fucktard barista assumes people who work for the government produce nothing. Literally, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Every weekend and holiday my associates and I are working away while you are sitting on the couch picking your nose and eating it.

Same with every other gig, you want drinking water 24/7/365? Where do you think it comes from? You want someone to operate a dam, 40 miles from the nearest doctor, grocery store or pizza joint? That shit ain't free champ.

I cost money because I make money and lots of it. The last place i worked had 17 employees and we made well over $100 million a year in electricity. All the maintenance and operations for three facilities over a large remote geographic area 24/7/365. If you get injured, it's an hour wait for the helicopter and an hour ride to the hospital. Skill and risk require reward bitch, that is how it works. Spend $3 million in labor and $5 million in maintenance and you still have $92,000,000 of revenue to squander.

Why would fucking idiots think my skills are free or valueless? That's easy.......................because like you, they are fucking idiots.

Most places vest in five to seven years, three jobs, three pensions for an adult is not impossible. That is how it works when you don't work at Starbuck's.
Hmmm by your quote so electricity is way over priced. Captive market so you guys and or the people at the top can name the price and get way over paid.

I’ve seen how lazy the utilities have become around here. Glorified county workers using outside companies to do a pile of the work

And lol at you thinking other people don’t work nights holidays and weekends

B49AD167-BE8A-4A24-AA6B-2F756B3A3AD4.jpeg

At 17, join the national guard, retire at 40. Survive three combat deployments. Enjoy that retirement.

At 22 go to work at the power company (w/mil leave for deployment), retire at 50 with 28 years. Enjoy that retirement.
Not every utility company is the same as you describe. Alabama Power definitely is not.

At 50, with resume, pick any job you want, work 10 for vested. Work 16 to retire with:
1. Mil retirement.
2. Power company retirement.
3. 3rd job retirement
4. Social Security

This person serves themselves (three jobs), their country (guard), the people (power co), and other people (3rd job), AND that's real world.
Person sacrificed a lot of youth free play time and personal pleasures some people think life entitled them to.
I dont begrudge that person their three retirements. They earned it.

If you begrudge them, that's on you.

No offense intended. But, the question was asked on where in the real world can you work three jobs with three retirements. Answered.

You're not as smart as you try to make people think, reading from their script. It was funny how you were outed for what you are, less then a week after being here, then you dropped from the radar shortly there after.
You have an overactive imagination and an inflated sense of self worth.