• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Old People. Everywhere

At 17, join the national guard, retire at 40. Survive three combat deployments. Enjoy that retirement.

At 22 go to work at the power company (w/mil leave for deployment), retire at 50 with 28 years. Enjoy that retirement.
Not every utility company is the same as you describe. Alabama Power definitely is not.

At 50, with resume, pick any job you want, work 10 for vested. Work 16 to retire with:
1. Mil retirement.
2. Power company retirement.
3. 3rd job retirement
4. Social Security

This person serves themselves (three jobs), their country (guard), the people (power co), and other people (3rd job), AND that's real world.
Person sacrificed a lot of youth free play time and personal pleasures some people think life entitled them to.
I dont begrudge that person their three retirements. They earned it.

If you begrudge them, that's on you.

No offense intended. But, the question was asked on where in the real world can you work three jobs with three retirements. Answered.

My stepmother gets $1100/mo for 7 years she worked for the state of Wisconsin in the 1970s. Insanity.

Hey Mr. Roche, Where do get M80s?
Asking for a friend.
Friend also said M100s were fun too.
Actually not a true M80. Called Bird Bombs used to buy them at gun shows. punch a hole in the side and insert a 2" piece of fuse then a bit of silicone sealer around the fuse. Ample supply that would be called a " large cache of explosive devises" by some.

Mr. Scott
You have some strange thought process.
I hope you are not a business major.
If I was still working for a medium sized Corp, I don't think I'd want you anywhere near it.
First, I don't think you would make it loading and unloading trucks.
Have you ever even run a business?
I should say actually a profitable business?
You have a lot to learn in general.
Mostly what you can't find in any textbook.

My stepmother gets $1100/mo for 7 years she worked for the state of Wisconsin in the 1970s. Insanity.

I dont begrudge her that, because of the insanity.

Pure number crunching, that's a lot of return on a small investment. I can see where this will offend many.

The uber wealthy that ran markets, created play $, cashed out, and crashed businesses and peoples savings, to get uber rich,
Their return on investment is insane.

I dont like those uber rich people playing the market, ripping less adept people. Not at all. I'm pragmatic enough about them, I just might enjoy watching buzzards circle their dead bloated bodies, just sayin...

One of my career jobs, I worked slave wage, resented every minute of it, but knew what I'd benefit in the end, and I accepted it,
because my dirt poor TN mountain hillbilly family roots taught 'some of us' that a little discomfort now might pay dividends later,
and we could see we didnt want to be like the inbreeding cousins, or the bloated fat ass rich people on the draft board, sending out, "Greetings, your friends and neighbors have selected you.. ".

Several members of my family were lucky enough to get out thanks to Uncle Sam and the "Greetings card", and in going out and listening to a bunch of different people they had forced engagement with, thank you Uncle, they figured out enough ways to put retirement packages back.

And none of them invested in markets and other people investing their future. Too much like gambling against the stacked deck. If they couldnt own it, hold it, touch it every day, it wasnt real to them, and not worth getting into.

I think I was lucky to be raised that way and have what I have. It got me here, now, on my dirt, in my house, paid for.

My children, hated every minute of it, too much work, not enough play, went a different way. And they dont have the security I have now.

I DID NOT KNOW how to teach them to survive in the world they chose. I couldnt have survived it and have what i do now. That world is real, but alien to me. I watch it go by every day. I see my peers go bankrupt when the markets crash. I see them lose today, feast another, and ride a rollercoaster.
I personally dont know how to live that way, and walk away shaking my head after talking to them, bc I cant understand their rationale and logic.

All this, to say, I dont understand how any of this is going to be fixed or made better, much less, know how to talk to some of the angry people here, in the old vs youth.

My family built on family success, shared it, grew it, and have kept it, land, home. And did it, learning from the old people who started with nothing, and crawled up.
I would not be here today where I am without their teaching me, guiding me, and a few times, correcting me.

Where did the disconnect come from, that is so visible here, today, in this board topic ?

Who benefits from dividing the youth of today from the old, who can show them their living example and give them time proven solutions.

My family has done that since they stepped off the boat in 1650 at Plymouth Rock.
One of my peers today has done it since he escaped Vietnam and the re-education camp in 1981, and got here.
Two very different peoples and backgrounds, using the same success formula.

Who benefits from dividing us ?

Didnt mean to bore you, apology tendered if I did.
Best to you, VR

True M80's from way back were a quarter stick, of a 80% full stick. Us kids used to use them all the time on ground hog dens as well as many other things,...LOL At 12 yo I was buying 80% sticks to cut up for boosters for what became later known as ANFO. We opened many a field for planting with that stuff, an lived threw our mistakes,... These days this post,... will be,... flagged because of just the content. Laughing at what we have become,....because we have had to allow the useless, lazy & crazy to tag along.

I believe Mr. Scott has issues with most people. I dunno if all the women in is life have turned to older men for satisfaction or he just doesn't have any freinds, but the resentment he displays tells me he's a full time bitch. Just sayin....

Mr. Scott is in the same boat we are, surviving this bitch.

I see him as a valuable team member that I dont have to agree with as long as we can find a middle ground that let's us work together until we can get out of the boat.

Cept Capt Willard and Chef said, dont get out of the boat....

Reactions: Zeroit
Most of the time, when I say "keep working I need your money" it's to people I know and always in jest.
The Dimwitts began this program(ponze scheme) and have robbed it blind, but then again they have run everything we have into the ground, USPS, SS, Medicare, you name it they have managed to fuck it up.
So when they talk about anything new and being better think of how things run with them in charge of it, LMAO when I think of them taking care of anything except themselves.
I don't see the people in DC working 7 yrs. then getting full pay, golden med. coverage and saying they earned it.

I believe Mr. Scott has issues with most people. I dunno if all the women in is life have turned to older men for satisfaction or he just doesn't have any freinds, but the resentment he displays tells me he's a full time bitch. Just sayin....

:) I guarantee you people every year fall to their deaths off the Grand Canyon and not on purpose. Most are young and put themselves in that position but are not thinking about how much they put into SS or pension on the way down. What is good for the company is good for everybody. Lol

It is always amazing that when people get force fed a shit sandwich how their attitudes and opinions surface in ways you'd never expect.
After 28 yrs with one company, being bought out by 4-5 other companies, numerous benefits changes, the fingers pointed, the shit said was unreal. By people you worked closely with and thought you knew, actually had those trains of thoughts.
I wish all the best, but these coming 3-4 months will be interesting, maybe even longer.

All I know for sure is that if the whole country gets put into lockdown and their only contact with other humans is going to be in places like this forum.... people are going to be posting some mean ass resentful butthurting shit while they vent their discontent over the current situation. Everybody better get some thicker skin or unplug their modem.

To borrow an appropriate heading from another rowdy forum I visit... “where the weak are killed and eaten”

Most of the time when people get to being rowdy and mean I always think of my Gpa's saying "What can you expect from a pig but a grunt"
I most surely hope all stay well and we get through this with little pain but I'm sure the Dimwitts will try and fuck things up beyond repair

And three retirements. That’s another problem with our country. Where would you work in a real job and end up with three retirements.
See this is where your ignorance really shines.
Since you are so challenged I'll give you a little information to go on so you can Google the rest.
Really you should research it a bit so you don't look so ignorant.

Let's say you worked 3 jobs in 40 years.
Each job took 5 years for your money to become vested.
So how did he end up with 3 different pensions?
Oh and this will really flame your ass, if any of his vested money is in a pension fund that is not a Government pension he gets to collect Social security.

So do some work, give us an answer, anything less will show us that you are a jealous lazy ass bullshit artist.

Why is it no one talks about people who paid into the system all their lives but die before drawing a single penny. 3 of my kin had that happen, an no,.... no one else got a penny either, as their spouses proceeded them. So it was,... Free,... money for who? Or how about all those who only live XX years after retirement? Where is that line?

Sounds like he made a good choice. Maybe you should get another job and play catch up so us old fucks get another raise.
I'm headed out to play again today with some new toys junior! Life is good.(y)
Can’t get another job when you work 7 days 60-100 hours. Gotta pay taxes and hidden taxes to keep the parasites and extorters afloat.

Why is it no one talks about people who paid into the system all their lives but die before drawing a single penny. 3 of my kin had that happen, an no,.... no one else got a penny either, as their spouses proceeded them. So it was,... Free,... money for who? Or how about all those who only live XX years after retirement? Where is that line?
This is what happens when you depend on .gov. have they ever HELPED anyone, besides a natural disaster?

Last few years of my business the only people I could find that would work and had any sense where older retired people! The young guys !wasn’t worth a fuck and we’re lazy pussies! I dispatched them quickly! Back in the early 90s you could count on most being fairly good. By the 2000s 1 out of a hundred was about right finding a tough dependable worker

Life is not fair.
Timing is everything.
I keep trying to build a retirement fund, while knowing my chances of collecting are slim...

Reactions: Bender
Hey people of all ages.

You know what the real problem with SS ? Armed men stealing your money and promising to pay it back to you in 47 years

Unions/.gov leeches/extortionists will have to wait for another day to cover that topic and .gov politicians giving our money away in the form of bloated pay and pensions and contracts that favor unions and “minorities” instead of true free market solutions. Public utilities have a captive market. Not a free market

Reactions: Bender
Can’t get another job when you work 7 days 60-100 hours. Gotta pay taxes and hidden taxes to keep the parasites and extorters afloat.

If your 60-100 hour a 7 day week job wont support or produce what you want ???????
Why keep beating your head against THAT wall...

Or if you insist on staying in it, it's your choice, right ???, you own it, live with it.

.gov has never been our friend. Never will be to free minded people. History says that since people could write it down. Blind people see it. It's not new and the only thing gets you out of that is death.
Otherwise you learn to live with it, and the smarter people learn to manipulate it to their advantage.
Less smart people find some middle, and dumb people GET manipulated by it.

And some people wallow in their misery and what they cant change.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
The wisdom to know the difference,

And the sense to recognize opportunity, know how and when to capitalize on it, and when to act.

Dont let "things" hold you back... most of all a closed mind.

If another way gets you $100, and your way only gets you $25,
either change your way or
be satisfied doing it your way for $25.

After all, it's just you that keeps you doing it that way.

vr

You have a knack for creative fiction.
Really?
What am I missing?

When you're young it's a good idea to plan for the future.
Nothing wrong with retiring and bringing in 5k a month.
You know,since you planned for it.
Most people get more back from government programs than they paid in. It’s the mechanism for redistribution and yet the same people who would howl at the idea of redistribution will beat down whoever stands in front of them to get in line for their appointment at the trough.
When the system was designed life expectancy was lower. That’s why the system is strained so badly now.

You have a knack for creative fiction.
Most people get more back from government programs than they paid in. It’s the mechanism for redistribution and yet the same people who would howl at the idea of redistribution will beat down whoever stands in front of them to get in line for their appointment at the trough.
When the system was designed life expectancy was lower. That’s why the system is strained so badly now.
The system is strained so badly now because leaches that never paid a dime into it ever are getting paid from the same fund.

My parents (and millions more) lived through the Great Depression and WWII. It doesn't get much tougher than that, in this country anyway. I'm appalled at the boorish, insensitive attitude displayed by some posters on this forum toward the old folks. Maybe you slept thru your history classes or, being a member of the "me too" generation, you never had a history class.

I think Mr. Ryan has his head so far up his ass he will never see sunshine but I would also bet he learned it all at collage so he knows best.

Mr. Ryan, I started paying into SS at age 12 getting 75 cents an hour working hard, filling and stacking 100 lbs. of grain in gunny sacks and loading them on rail cars. The quarter an hour they deducted from my pay for SS and taxes really hurt but it was a job and I pushed on.
I have had other jobs later on and paid a lot into the retirement package at each and that took it's toll on my paychecks as well and I pushed on knowing/hoping there was a pension at the end, and that is now kind of iffy.
I passed up many higher paying jobs because I was vested in what I had and had I started with those higher paying jobs I would have lost my investment in the retirement at the job I had and would have had to start over at zero. None of it was easy. I wanted the higher pay but am glad I didn't do it as most of those job's parent company no longer exist along with their retirement packages.

How many people can you now hire at 75 cents an hour to do that kind of work? or go through all of the bullshit I endured on my other job to get to retirement age? That will be hard for you.

Are you willing to admit that the jobs I did when younger now pay much better? yet you only want to pay out at the rates that we paid in?
A $ went a lot farther back then than it does today. Do you know about inflation and minimum wage? Yet as I understand your input here, we should only receive what we paid in?

Try to hire people now to do jobs and expect them to be "clean" and can pass a drug test then get back to me.

RTD in Denver now has a horrible shortage of Operators for trains and buses and have to cancel a lot of services and they pay well, just can't find people that can pass that test.
That is not hurting them now so much with this shutdown but it will hopefully pick back up someday.

In the meantime I can go piss in a bucket and the bottom won't rust out, however, I have put my time in already and am enjoying my retirement and who would want an Old Fart running this train?

Never in my entire life have I had an unemployment check nor a food stamp or EBT card or any other kind of welfare.

I was always too Proud to do that but there may have been times I qualified.

Last edited:
I think Mr. Ryan has his head so far up his ass he will never see sunshine but I would also bet he learned it all at collage so he knows best.

Mr. Ryan, I started paying into SS at age 12 getting 75 cents an hour working hard, filling and stacking 100 lbs. of grain in gunny sacks and loading them on rail cars. The quarter an hour they deducted from my pay for SS and taxes really hurt but it was a job and I pushed on.
I have had other jobs later on and paid a lot into the retirement package at each and that took it's toll on my paychecks as well and I pushed on knowing/hoping there was a pension at the end, and that is now kind of iffy.
I passed up many higher paying jobs because I was vested in what I had and had I started with those higher paying jobs I would have lost my investment in the retirement at the job I had and would have had to start over at zero. None of it was easy. I wanted the higher pay but am glad I didn't do it as most of those job's parent company no longer exist along with their retirement packages.

How many people can you now hire at 75 cents an hour to do that kind of work? or go through all of the bullshit I endured on my other job to get to retirement age? That will be hard for you.

Are you willing to admit that the jobs I did when younger now pay much better? yet you only want to pay out at the rates that we paid in?
A $ went a lot farther back then than it does today. Do you know about inflation and minimum wage? Yet as I understand your input here, we should only receive what we paid in?

Try to hire people now to do jobs and expect them to be "clean" and can pass a drug test then get back to me.

RTD in Denver now has a horrible shortage of Operators for trains and buses and have to cancel a lot of services and they pay well, just can't find people that can pass that test.
That is not hurting them now so much with this shutdown but it will hopefully pick back up someday.

In the meantime I can go piss in a bucket and the bottom won't rust out, however, I have put my time in already and am enjoying my retirement and who would want an Old Fart running this train?
These young motherfuckers haven’t a clue! Especially the educated! I’ve never known many educators or highly educated have a brain in their head! Our gov is full of them! That’s why we are where we’re at today!

The system is strained so badly now because leaches that never paid a dime into it ever are getting paid from the same fund.
Most of the programs we are talking about won’t pay anything to people who didn’t pay in.

Never in my entire life have I had an unemployment check nor a food stamp or EBT card or any other kind of welfare.

You’ve got me beat by a year, I didn’t have a job until I was 13. And no, you don’t account for the money you paid in without adjusting for inflation, typically. Although I call bullshit on you working for the federal minimum wage in the 1950s and paying 1/3 of your income in tax.
These young motherfuckers haven’t a clue! Especially the educated! I’ve never known many educators or highly educated have a brain in their head! Our gov is full of them! That’s why we are where we’re at today!
Before I went to college, and after, I was a laborer. I’m also traditionally active in the Republican Party. Keep guessing.

I agree.
But there is no “fund”. All that money has been gone. Look for .gov to engineer a crisis and nationalize everyone’s retirement funds eventually.

And lmfao at any boomer calling any one else spoiled. You guys took all the cream off the top that previous generations worked for and left a socialist over bearing .gov for those damn kids to have to deal with

I gave up after reading 2 pages, so this might have already been covered. Or everybody is just trolling each other and screwing around.

Sure, the boomers ruined America. Economically and culturally. As the old saying goes, they got a lollipop when they were young, and they liked it so much that they took their kid's lollipop too.

But within every group, there are people who don't fit the general mold. Sure, the country is full of Jane Fonda/Susan Sarandon miserable boomers who did everything they could to enact socialist legislation that turned us into the soviet union, while they exploited capitalism to the fullest and spent every last cent of our national wealth. But there are also lots of good conservative people from that age group who are the complete opposite. Nixon's silent majority and their kids. And those are the ones who are going to be spending time on this website and are arguing the point. The members here weren't those entitled leftists; they spent their lives fighting against them, so we have to give them credit for that.

And yeah, old people need to stay at home right now so they don't die.

Last edited:
Expecting young people to have any critical thinking skills is a lost bet from the start.

They’ve been brainwashed their entire lives to only learn exactly what is on the test. Nothing extra. Only absorb the propaganda the agenda approves of. They are taught revisionist history and given a slanted narrative. We blame them for their stupidity, but they did exactly what was asked of them. They studied for the test, and only for the test.

Their minds were poisoned their whole life. How in the world can we teach these young adults anything now? They will out-live and out-vote the older generations soon enough. Programmed from birth to be more or less communist idiots. They didn’t have a choice, but cannot be fixed now. The world we “old” people grew up in and built will be burned to the ground and pissed on by idiots who don’t even understand why they think like they do.

Reactions: 1J04
Expecting young people to have any critical thinking skills is a lost bet from the start.

They’ve been brainwashed their entire lives to only learn exactly what is on the test. Nothing extra. Only absorb the propaganda the agenda approves of. They are taught revisionist history and given a slanted narrative. We blame them for their stupidity, but they did exactly what was asked of them. They studied for the test, and only for the test.

Their minds were poisoned their whole life. How in the world can we teach these young adults anything now? They will out-live and out-vote the older generations soon enough. Programmed from birth to be more or less communist idiots. They didn’t have a choice, but cannot be fixed now. The world we “old” people grew up in and built will be burned to the ground and pissed on by idiots who don’t even understand why they think like they do.
Yup. The commies from the boomer generation took over the education system and .gov. While the good people were busy paying taxes and raising decent kids.

Root of all evil is too much tome on their hands. Commies always have plenty

Reactions: Darayavaus
Wrong,...research what happened with the SS trust fund in 1965 via a dem president. He did it to line his pockets with MIC money as most other dems did an do still.

You built the world in which we live... yet your not happy what that world taught the youth...

So you're mad at yourself???

Reactions: deersniper
Yup. The commies from the boomer generation took over the education system and .gov. While the good people were busy paying taxes and raising decent kids.

Root of all evil is too much tome on their hands. Commies always have plenty
My former department head was one of those miserable communist graybeard boomers. When I started teaching, he came in and gave a little speech to me about why we need to give preferential treatment to immigrants, why we need to pay off every lazy non-worker "so they don't riot" and why we need to "have a heart and take care of people from the cradle to the grave".
He found out right away that I was a constitutionalist, a gun owner, and not buying his crap. In retaliation, he gave me all the worst, non-functional classes so that nobody would be influenced by me. That's what these losers do if they have a little power. It's all love and equality unless you don't carry around their little red book. Then peace and love turns into discrimination and blacklisting.

Last edited:
Most people get more back from government programs than they paid in.

I guess you don't understand how a multiplier works, let alone a retirement package.

My pension was set up with a 3.88 multiplier.

Every hour that I worked, $6.00 was put into my retirement account, upon retirement my $6 was multiplied 3.88 plus interest.

Over the course of 30 years I averaged 2800 hours a year.
On top of my pension, I also have Social security money, healthcare through my former employer,Medicare and VA benefits.

Even if I didn't have any of the above I'd still be in okay shape because I applied myself and earned a living wage that enabled me to make sizable investments.

Ryan, when you make comments about people being pigs standing at the trough it just shows the amount of jealousy you have towards people.

Most of the programs we are talking about won’t pay anything to people who didn’t pay in.
You’ve got me beat by a year, I didn’t have a job until I was 13. And no, you don’t account for the money you paid in without adjusting for inflation, typically. Although I call bullshit on you working for the federal minimum wage in the 1950s and paying 1/3 of your income in tax.
Before I went to college, and after, I was a laborer. I’m also traditionally active in the Republican Party. Keep guessing.
. You seem to take my statement directed at you! Must have hit the truth somewhere!

I guess you don't understand how a multiplier works, let alone a retirement package.

My pension was set up with a 3.88 multiplier.

Every hour that I worked, $6.00 was put into my retirement account, upon retirement my $6 was multiplied 3.88 plus interest.

Over the course of 30 years I averaged 2800 hours a year.
On top of my pension, I also have Social security money, healthcare through my former employer,Medicare and VA benefits.

Even if I didn't have any of the above I'd still be in okay shape because I applied myself and earned a living wage that enabled me to make sizable investments.

Ryan, when you make comments about people being pigs standing at the trough it just shows the amount of jealousy you have towards people.
I understand, the problem is that the multiplier often doesn’t match the ability of the pension funds investments to perform. I’m not really talking about pensions, I’m talking about social security and Medicare, where a strong majority get more than they paid in. That’s more variable with pensions, some are better managed than others.

But jealous? No, I do well for myself. But I see how my parent generationunintentionally but definitely rolled the ladder up behind them and left their kids poorer than they were.

Foul one! You a a smart man. How did you get that way? Is it because your old and have seen a lot of shit along the way??

How many are 10 years into a good job and because of this COVID-19 shut down are net negative?

Individuals aka people,

Or companies hiring people ?

The majority of todays people are mortgaged into net negative the day they sign the first loan paper,

The majority have no savings to pay off the due notes if income shorts or stops.

I was that way for 35 years, praying no bust and not have to go bankrupt. Knew the gamble. But. I had a plan, and got there.

Might be luckier than most.

Reactions: Dewey7271
This is what happens when you depend on .gov. have they ever HELPED anyone, besides a natural disaster?
I think you could look at all those jumping the fences, which I would think would answer that ??.
We take care of people who shouldn't be here well before we help or do anything for the USA born and raised here

I think you could look at all those jumping the fences, which I would think would answer that ??.
We take care of people who shouldn't be here well before we help or do anything for the USA born and raised here
Even further, those that are born/raised here and have been contributing into the system all their adult lives.......