• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OMG! I Finally Got an AI AX338!

punkpigpen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
PA, USA
Thanks to Jason at Euro Optic for his courtesy and a smooth transaction yesterday when i picked up my AX338. Im still all smiley as it was a journey selling things and saving for her. She has a 20" barrel, quick adjust buttplate, cheek piece and monopod. Scope is a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T sitting on a zero MOA AI scope mount.
2n1z3ac.jpg

ngbt68.jpg

1j9qj8.jpg

2q364gh.jpg

Re: OMG! I Finally Got an AI AX338!

I bet they aren't as cool in person.......oh wait.....yes they are!

Keep up posted!

beautiful weapon. if i had the space on a consistant basis to use a 338 i would get a AIAX in 338 as well. for now my barrel for my DTA will have to work.

god i love those AI's

The manliness of your AIAX is somewhat diminished by the hot pink daybed in the background. Nice rifle though.....

You are going to love that rifle. love mine.

Beautiful rifle. Euro Optics done me well with my Vortex PST buy about a week ago. Very good group of guys.

Thank you. Euro are very cool guys. Made me feel welcome there when i picked the rifle up. They really have their thing together there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CMH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The manliness of your AIAX is somewhat diminished by the hot pink daybed in the background. Nice rifle though..... </div></div>

Not if you photographed your rifle in a Bordello . . . . .
wink.gif

Not a badger. it came out of the box new with it. It must be the one AI is offering now as its different from the ones i've seen in older pics.

You lucky SOB, man that is a thang of beauty. I want one to go with my JP LRP-07. I have it narrowed down to either 1) SURGEON AX .338 or 2) AI AX .338 not sure which way yet because I would love to keep it AMERICAN. Made In USA does sound good.

You can wait months to get your surgeon built or in that wait time you could scrounge a little more monies and get the real AX right away. She is a pricey monster! Either way they both will be pure awesomeness!!
I prefer to buy American too esp, at this point in our economy. But i have bought over 3 Remmy 700s over the years and stuck AI stocks on them and i finally wanted the real thing. The Leupold ER/T with the world's largest elevation turret was brand new and is American
smile.gif

ha ha agreed! But as mentioned above, the second i had enough money saved i bought her. so i literally don't have any money for ammo this week! seriously LOL!

Very nice, I have a classic AWSM and just bought my first AX stock.

Why a 20" instead of a 27 incher? Just asking. Nice stick BTW.

I carefully made a decision for the 20" instead of the 27" as i really wanted it a little more compact to take out on bolt gun camping trips. something that would tuck away nice folded in a backpack. If it came in a 22" i probably would have bought that instead.

I'm curious about the 20" barrel for ELR as well. Congratulations, she's definitely a beauty. Awaiting range report!

The 20" AX is a great rifle, they will easily work to 1500m at sea level and give good velocities.

However the biggest beauty, you can put any barrel on you want. Nobody says if you buy a 20" 338, you have to stick to that barrel.

Find you aren't shooting past 1000 yards, keep the 20 on, going to a class where you can shoot to 2000m, change the barrel.

Yeah, nice stick, but IMO the use of "OMG" on this Furum is kind of gay, like something your daughter might say....

And I wouldn't say "YAY!" either.....

Larry Vickers rocked this thing on his Tac TV show, yeah, I watch that stuff. It is a real nice weapon. If I only had an extra $20,000 laying around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, nice stick, but IMO the use of "OMG" on this Furum is kind of gay, like something your daughter might say....

</div></div>

And this coming from a Boulderite
wink.gif
I can say that because I lived in Boulder County for years
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill3@8</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, nice stick, but IMO the use of "OMG" on this Furum is kind of gay, like something your daughter might say....

</div></div>

And this coming from a Boulderite
wink.gif
I can say that because I lived in Boulder County for years
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Living in the County does not carry the badge of shame worn by the liberal pukes in the City, so be careful when you suggest that I am a "Boulderite."

Wow. Very nice. The Euro Optics guys are great too.
I bougt a PST Viper from Keiffer last spring.

Defintely Euro Optics will keep getting my business. When i picked the AX up their operation was organized and friendly. They had soo much cool stuff there. A+++

Yeh i saw that video last week but they cut it off right about when they're gonna shoot it. DAMN!
Heres a couple more pics
smile.gif

2wnnsz6.jpg

15f662d.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 20" AX is a great rifle, they will easily work to 1500m at sea level and give good velocities.

</div></div>

What velocities and energy on target could one expect at say Sea level and at 1200 yards using 300 gr Berger Hybrids?

That is awesome!!! Guys at Euro Optics are go to go, my brother just bought DTA a few weeks ago from them.

Punkpigpen, Where in Pa are you? My brother and I have a place you could let that 338 do some running. Shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Hey Eagle- Im in Bucks County. That would be really awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LarryA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 20" AX is a great rifle, they will easily work to 1500m at sea level and give good velocities.

</div></div>

What velocities and energy on target could one expect at say Sea level and at 1200 yards using 300 gr Berger Hybrids? </div></div>You'll have to do the math but the 20" a
AX I saw chrono'd next to a 27" AW with the same batch of Hornady ammo was only slower by like 80-100 FPS. Not much in the grand scheme. Frank may remember better than me, he was there.

very sweet looking gun you have there ! ! ! , I live on long island and we dont have many good ranges over here . How are the ranges over there by u and whats the lenght of most ranges over there in PA ?

Nice rifle, Unlike that godawafull chair.

I will keep an eye out for a FULL range report!! Congrats!!!.