• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision On rifle anker storage

Choid

Anti Bodyfat Activist
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
So, in using an Anker battery pack with a thermal, what are the options for securing the pack to the rifle so that it isn't just flying around? Thanks in advance.

TNVC makes the TRB. I haven’t had the chance to run one yet but it looks like a well thought out design.

One of these works well for pretty cheap. Just a cheapo pouch that's made to hold a spare mag, but works well for battery pack also.
1601926585894.png

Reactions: hlee
Saw this the other day and immediately came up with several different ways that could be adapted to a rifle if one was creative enough:Small Rig bracket

There’s also this: Battery holder

I have one of the 5k cylinder shaped ones. Last time I had to use it I just strapped it to the off side of my AR stock up under the cheek piece with some ranger bands. Worked like a champ.

I use an apex 3d printed one. They have a couple different options

Saw this the other day and immediately came up with several different ways that could be adapted to a rifle if one was creative enough:Small Rig bracket

There’s also this: Battery holder

I have one of the 5k cylinder shaped ones. Last time I had to use it I just strapped it to the off side of my AR stock up under the cheek piece with some ranger bands. Worked like a champ.
Do those 5k ones work?? I bought a kit that came with a 10k that pushes 2.4 amps and figured that was the minimum.

If the 3.3kmah ones work (they push 1 amp), that'd be sick.

I use the bobo method....just add velcro to the stock and battery to get it set, then cinch it down with a velcro strap. As Crews mentions above the 5k cylinder fits snug to the stock.
Using the TNVC TRB with a USB extender, prefer the battery on the stock. Feels more balanced to me.
C90DD497-4012-4A16-96BF-581A87CC082F.jpeg

I'm using the UNV battery kit. I wish I got the TNVC one for pass through capability with a normal battery in the compartment.

First I have seen of Apex which looks like a good plan. Here is Something I have been toying with 30mm quick release scope rings. $15 for a pair of rings and ten each for the batteries. Reap 60 won’t work with quick release lever so have an even cheaper set of non qd rings to try for it. All of the 5mah lipstick batteries have worked on both of my units. One type of batteries seems to prefer to use a slow charge function.
BCFBB5F4-BF1A-4E5B-BA4D-54FAF0F61212.jpeg

Reactions: BamaSE
something that fits into an a1/a2 storage compartment could be pretty bad ass. Honestly, pulsar has this figured out the best with their battery system, but it's cause they aren't targeting anything military

Wanted to share my new set up I’ve been working on this afternoon... the 5k Anker fits up tight against the top corner of the rail and is held in place with a Velcro strap. It will soon be replaced with a Neomag Sentry Strap that will serve a dual purpose. The right angle fitting on the thermal end is nice and low profile. Larue index clips and a ranger band make sure there’s no loose wires. This is my favorite setup yet.
1286E4F4-1E02-4C62-8B71-A7E4DBA71AA4.jpeg
13BFF3C1-89C6-433A-8F1E-B4BC48754352.jpeg

Reactions: BamaSE
I use the Apex. Just got the my first one about 2 weeks ago. Upon reciept it looked like the gorillas at USPS dropped a heavy package on it. Broke a purely cosmetic part of the battery holder. I sent a message to Apex with pictures. They got back with me in a few minutes and said that they don't want me running around with busted gear, even after I offered to just glue it together being that its just cosmetic. I now have a new unit on the way.

I like how the Apex mounts closer to the rail than the other ones I have seen.
16042665237872988420784316405583.jpg
16042666415314410264634582029198.jpg