• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes one last question before ordering my S@B

canuck4570

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
Ile Bizard near Montreal
I decided that I want LP only on my 5-25x56 PM11 scope
I was told her on SH that the reticle P4L fine at 5x is thinner than the Nightforce recticle NPR 1
I have a NF 5-22 with the NPR1 in it this will help me decide so here is my last question
I would like to know at 25x is the P4l much thicker that the NF or similar

Re: one last question before ordering my S@B

yes pictures help but I see one bigger than the other great help but I would like to compare to something that I have seen through a scope
like my NF 5-22x50 NPR1 reticle that I own now
so again is my question is the NF NPR1 reticle comparable to the S@B 5-25x56 PMII with the 4PL reticle at 25 x in thickness

You're a tough crowd... they have this thing called Google, and it's really useful to find exactly how big things are, like this:

P4Fine.jpg

and NF has manuals online at their website...

here cause I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings

Line Thickness = .30 M.O.A. @ 4x, .13 M.O.A. @ 10x, 0.125 M.O.A. @ 15x, .080 M.O.A. @ 22x, .06 M.O.A. @ 32x, .04 M.O.A. @ 42x

Ok. Just looked through my S&B with the ordered P4F but after comparing the photos in the link I am wondering if I have the P4F. My lines do not appear as thick as those showing the P4 but may not be as thin as that showing the P4F. I guess the best way to check would be to check the line thickness against a known target MOA?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're a tough crowd... they have this thing called Google, and it's really useful to find exactly how big things are, like this:

P4Fine.jpg

and NF has manuals online at their website...

here cause I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings

Line Thickness = .30 M.O.A. @ 4x, .13 M.O.A. @ 10x, 0.125 M.O.A. @ 15x, .080 M.O.A. @ 22x, .06 M.O.A. @ 32x, .04 M.O.A. @ 42x </div></div>
thank you but the reticle measurement are they at 5 x or 25x

It's a FFP scope.
Subtention values stay the same at all magnifications.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a FFP scope.
Subtention values stay the same at all magnifications. </div></div>
yes your are correct they do stay the same but I am referring to the thickness of the ash mark or line itself
that is why in the pictures one appear thicker but the sustention between the ash mark remain the same

Dude, are you serious...

the specs are right in front of you... I made it simple and posted it.

LINE C = .13" that is the thickness...

the NF is different is it SFP so :

Line Thickness = .30 M.O.A. @ 4x, .13 M.O.A. @ 10x, 0.125 M.O.A. @ 15x, .080 M.O.A. @ 22x, .06 M.O.A. @ 32x, .04 M.O.A. @ 42x

You have to be kidding me.

yes it is .13 but at what power is it .13
on a FFP the line will get thicker as power goes up
so was the .13 taken a 5x or 25x

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

.13 on <span style="text-decoration: line-through">both</span> all magnifications. The picture gets bigger with the line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes it is .13 but at what power is it .13
</div></div>

Alright, let me try.

It's .13 at ALL magnifications, that's what makes it FFP.

It LOOKS bigger at 20X then at 10X because you're zoomed in. The target looks twice as big at 20X so the reticle needs to become twice as big too.

Did that kind of help?

well Jason since its twice as big @ 20x than it is @ 10x how much bigger is it at 15X?

OP.....its ALWAYS going to be .13 in relation to the image in the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes it is .13 but at what power is it .13
</div></div>

I'll save you Lowlight! hahaha!

Canuck - In the S&B which is a FIRST FOCAL PLANE, the lines are .13 at ANY MAGNIFICATION relative to the target. SO the lines are .13 at any magnification.... YES even at 15.3003 power.

Your NF is SECOND FOCAL PLANE and the lines will get thinner as you increase magnification RELATIVE TO THE TARGET.

Maybe you should read up on FFP and SFP so you understand the concept and values.

HTH

Deadly,

Give the guy a break, he's from Canukistan and he's probably wearing his Toque or his Gitches a little too tight, Eh.

well at least we canuckistanies are with you in afganistan
I see that we have a good atmosphere
and I will try to slack my tuque and gitches

Well I finally checked my S&B and it is P4F. The images on that last link are not an exact representation of the line widths when comparing with my eyes but they are close and illustrate the comparative differences.