• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One reason I refuse to fly commercial anymore.

Boeing business jet all day.
Sweet, I so deserve one of these

1627165576936.png

Nice. Can you imagine the fuel consumption on that baby.

Total HP /2 = fuel flow in lbs per hour at 100%

100LL is about 6lbs a gal

So total HP /2 now times that by .7 and divide by 6 gives you gallons per hour in cruise

Were the pilots of yesteryear the best of the best able to fly without the aid of a computer ?

I remember reading about the early days of commercial aviation in Alaska. This was in the 20's and 30's when a flight from Anchorage to Seattle took all day and would have to stop like three times to refuel. They said the pilots would keep a baseball bat handy to deal with unruly passengers.

I remember reading about the early days of commercial aviation in Alaska. This was in the 20's and 30's when a flight from Anchorage to Seattle took all day and would have to stop like three times to refuel. They said the pilots would keep a baseball bat handy to deal with unruly passengers.
Probably because of the open bar....
There was a great documentary on stewardesses on Smithsonian I believe. Anyhoo back in the day the planes had stoves and the stews cooked the meals to order for the passengers...

It was called "I was a jet set stewardess" awesome show

Probably because of the open bar....
There was a great documentary on stewardesses on Smithsonian I believe. Anyhoo back in the day the planes had stoves and the stews cooked the meals to order for the passengers...
I remember that on TWA 'Royal Ambassador Service'. I had a couple pretty good steaks flying over the N. Atlantic, though it was near 60 years ago.

Reactions: Llatikcuf
I always fancied a C-130 myself. Something I could load the track car and support into, land on the front straight, unload right into the pit, then fly out after I've finished. Or on non-track weekend, one could fly close to their favorite hunting/fishing area, land on best highway or flat ground and do a few hours of relaxation. The 787 BBJ is overrated :).

I always fancied a C-130 myself. Something I could load the track car and support into, land on the front straight, unload right into the pit, then fly out after I've finished. Or on non-track weekend, one could fly close to their favorite hunting/fishing area, land on best highway or flat ground and do a few hours of relaxation. The 787 BBJ is overrated :).

So was that you landing on the road a few miles south of my ranch in Carta Valley. Fucker's would bring in a small twin around 02:30 hours and be gone in minutes. I never could figure out what they were doing?

You guys need to let me in on how to not be poor and fly other than commerical. I can drive anywhere in America (North or South), Getting over to Europe--much tougher.
Have they finally pushed a viable road through the Choco between Panama and Columbia? Last I heard the only thing in there were people who didnt take kindly to outsiders.

1627245095406.png

Ferry (so close enough)

Edit: I was looking for the Ferry and it has now closed.

So crap. (Its a bucket list thing. Tierra del Fuego to Barrow.)

Last edited:
Ferry (so close enough)

Thats always been on mine as well. If you decide to do it let me know. Ive driven a good part of it, from Portland Or to the Panama border. It would be one hell of a trip. Would love to swim in the Beaufort Sea. For about 6 seconds. Or less.

There used to be a ferry from the west end of the canal down to some little podunk town in Columbia but it was only for people. We'd have to get another vehicle in SA.

Seems there is a way, pricey, but doable...

1. Shipping a Vehicle from Panama to Colombia - Trans-Americas ...

trans-americas.com › vehicle-shipping-around
    Tips for shipping a vehicle from Panama to Colombia around the Darien Gap including procedures, fees, rules, and more.

Fuck air travel I hope the entire industry goes bankrupt

Fuck all public transport while we're at it.
Never happen.
Big companies say “Fly or Fired”

And how many times have the taxpayers bailed out the airlines to begin with

and dealing with farva and the 13 percenters given authority is fubar

So was that you landing on the road a few miles south of my ranch in Carta Valley. Fucker's would bring in a small twin around 02:30 hours and be gone in minutes. I never could figure out what they were doing?
Flying?

Were the pilots of yesteryear the best of the best able to fly without the aid of a computer ?
They managed to get where they were going. But you're only referring to the best of the best. The Strawberry Bitch.

Ferry (so close enough)

The road actually goes to Deadhorse but you can't get to the Arctic Ocean from there because of the oil field. One of the hotels used to be able to take people on a bus to Prudhoe Bay but I don't know if they do that anymore.

And if there's not a strip close by you have the LAPES option.