• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One very lucky LEO***Interesting update in post #39

I suffer nether fools nor from hysteria and all the world noticed you dodge my direct question.... hmmmm

No dodge, I just found it amusing “they are dying EVERYDAY!!!” ...For fuck sake with the mellow drama lol.
Police work is like, what #17 most deadly job in the US?

I work in a top 5 deadly job, worked in training in said field as well, NEVER has anyone come that close to death, for one if someone was about to do something that stupid that was about to kill them, I’d intervene, after which we would debrief, run it up the food chain, if they were cool and willing they might end up moved to working in a more office type position, or we would just wish them luck and part ways.

In more dangerous types of work, there is no room for that level of liability when it demonstrates itself right in front of you

Again you are lying, I never said what you pretend to quote, tell the truth or shut the fuck up....

Reactions: Bender
Well that's the truth and you are a liar, again... your word and honor is worthless....back it up or be a coward for life..

I'm calling it out now, turbo trout is a liar, and a coward....fuck him....

I'm calling it out now, turbo trout is a liar, and a coward....fuck him....

What have I lied about? I copy pasted your dramatic comment, per my claim of the dangers, guess I was wrong, police don’t even make the top 20

Also I don’t know anyone who would handle drugs with their bare hands, or honestly even anything out of a drug users pockets, I’m sure that cop is a nice guy, but he needs to be in a different line of work, gardening or office work or something.

Dude just shut the fuck up, you are a liar and a coward. Nut up or shut up, period you piece of shit.

Dude just shut the fuck up, you are a liar and a coward. Nut up or shut up, period you piece of shit.

You made the claim, burden of proof is on the accuser in America, so back your shit up, where did I lie?? And a coward? That doesn’t even make sense

Quit flinging shit and say something smart, you claim I lied where? You claim I’m a coward, how?

You chickened out, we are done.... typical liberal, I've got nothing further to say to you because you are incapable of any debate, as far as I'm concerned you could explode into spontaneous combustion, I would piss on you just so i could set you on fire again....

Reactions: Bender
You chickened out, we are done.... typical liberal, I've got nothing further to say to you because you are incapable of any debate, as far as I'm concerned you could explode into spontaneous combustion, I would piss on you just so i could set you on fire again....

You are incoherent

I clearly addressed your baseless accusations, you ignored my response and are now just calling names, senselessly saying I’m a liberal? 😂

This is like a child having a tantrum

Again I clearly asked you to back up your position, I backed my points up and offered explanation and even backed my claim up with cited sources, again where did I lie? How am I coward?

Reactions: Clob McStrunk
fad630cfcb68682fbb7e6fc5ab226e71.gif

There may be more to ths story than was told, Ill admit I dont know the science there putting up. I did read that Albert Hoffman, the one who discovered LSD, got wasted from working with it in the Lab. Absorbed it through his skin I believe.

Video Of Deputy's Drug Collapse Questioned - The Wall.fyi

https://www.thewall.fyi › Americas

1 hour ago — SAN DIEGO — Sheriff's physique digicam video of a deputy apparently passing out after a superior cautioned him that the medication he had ...
They lost me when they went in to pointing out they “the science of a contact OD is questionable, because it leads to hysteria about fentanyl and to more people of color being locked up.” I paraphrase.

Yup… that is what science is. Stop claiming you can get hurt by things that may lead to the incarceration of non-white people.

Journalism is now just propaganda.

Sirhr

They lost me when they went in to pointing out they “the science of a contact OD is questionable, because it leads to hysteria about fentanyl and to more people of color being locked up.” I paraphrase.

Yup… that is what science is. Stop claiming you can get hurt by things that may lead to the incarceration of non-white people.

Journalism is now just propaganda.

Sirhr
Well, the whole thing was obviously written in Engrish, so...

I have an extended family member that was a pretty bad heroin addict. He is lucky, though every single day is a constant fight not to go back. i remember him telling me that when someone in town OD'd all of the area's junkies sought out the same stuff because chances were it was so good. it was as if they were trying to die.

Reactions: Anb618
Ether you’re for saving lives or your not, if you’re not..crazy thought, maybe medicine might not be for you.
You would save more lives letting the junkies die.

who do you think gets more people to do the drugs. ?

but the “War on some Drugs” will never be “won”. It’s not meant to be.
Too many politicians and police get money from it. Either direct corruption bribes. Or “ we need more of your tax money for tac teams / tanks / overtime / 4th amendment destruction devices / etc.

same as war on terror / poverty etc. Just another means for the state to take treasure and liberty from the citizens. And the pearl clutchers/ boot lickers/ statist/ emotional voters are lined up ready to give it to them.

look at the War on Covid

I have an extended family member that was a pretty bad heroin addict. He is lucky, though every single day is a constant fight not to go back. i remember him telling me that when someone in town OD'd all of the area's junkies sought out the same stuff because chances were it was so good. it was as if they were trying to die.

I once talked with a longtime heroin addict. He said he woke up everyday hoping today was "the day."

Some animals are more equal eh?

Can we also turn down anyone who’s over ideal body weight?

Ether you’re for saving lives or your not, if you’re not..crazy thought, maybe medicine might not be for you.
Shut the fuck up commie.

you’re the type of retard that thinks “all cultures are equal”

Go sell retard somewhere else. We’re full up here.

Sounds like trainee needs to be ejected and find a simpler job, gardening dept at Home Depot maybe?

If he gets fucked up on the job because of his own stupidity mainstreet gets to foot the bill, which is not cool.

I disagree, you don't have a zero mistake policy on trainees. No one would ever have any job because everyone makes mistakes, to say otherwise is a lie.

I work in an industry that has studied mistakes(the average person makes 4 mistakes per hour in my job in somewhere between 100 and 150 individual actions). We have a program to own up to bad mistakes(company, union and government oversight buy-in). Mistakes in my industry can kill hundreds of people instantly. We have learned to not punish mistakes but use them as learning experience for not only that employee, but the whole industry. Several other industries now have programs modeled after ours. Throwing somebody out of a career field because of one fuck up is the most retarded thing I have ever read...and ive read a lot of retarded ass shit on this forum in the past 6 months LOL... If we threw somebody out of their career because of one mistake...we wouldnt have a SINGLE DOCTOR ON THIS PLANET...

I work in an industry that has studied mistakes(the average person makes 4 mistakes per hour in my job in somewhere between 100 and 150 individual actions). We have a program to own up to bad mistakes(company, union and government oversight buy-in). Mistakes in my industry can kill hundreds of people instantly. We have learned to not punish mistakes but use them as learning experience for not only that employee, but the whole industry. Several other industries now have programs modeled after ours. Throwing somebody out of a career field because of one fuck up is the most retarded thing I have ever read...and ive read a lot of retarded ass shit on this forum in the past 6 months LOL... If we threw somebody out of their career because of one mistake...we wouldnt have a SINGLE DOCTOR ON THIS PLANET...
This. Exactly what I suggested above. Everybody makes mistakes, learn from it and move on.

Repeated fuck ups are a different matter.

Most retarded comment huh...hold my beer.

6.5CM is for real men 😳😳😳😳

You would save more lives letting the junkies die.

who do you think gets more people to do the drugs. ?

but the “War on some Drugs” will never be “won”. It’s not meant to be.
Too many politicians and police get money from it. Either direct corruption bribes. Or “ we need more of your tax money for tac teams / tanks / overtime / 4th amendment destruction devices / etc.

same as war on terror / poverty etc. Just another means for the state to take treasure and liberty from the citizens. And the pearl clutchers/ boot lickers/ statist/ emotional voters are lined up ready to give it to them.

look at the War on Covid

It would free up even more resources to not treat fat people, you don’t get fat from eating crappy food for a day, it’s a lifetime of shit decisions and kills more than drugs.

So you good with EMS showing up, seeing your gut and saying “kick rocks”

Again, ether you’re in the life saving biz or you’re not, you really don’t want a world where some morals dictate who EMS responds to and who they don’t.

Something about there but by the grace of god go I and all

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
Shut the fuck up commie.

you’re the type of retard that thinks “all cultures are equal”

Go sell retard somewhere else. We’re full up here.

And what pillar of communism have I demonstrated? I’d wager Im much less into the state than most

Last edited:
It would free up even more resources to not treat fat people, you don’t get fat from eating crappy food for a day, it’s a lifetime of shit decisions and kills more than drugs.

So you good with EMS showing up, seeing your gut and saying “kick rocks”

Again, ether you’re in the life saving biz or you’re not, you really don’t want a world where some morals dictate who EMS responds to and who they don’t.

Something about there but by the grace of god go I and all
Lol your retarted.

eating the wrong food /= doing drugs.

everyone eats. Not everyone decides to get fucked up on drugs and turn into a parasite.

those junkies are like zombies spreading their sickness to new people

Reactions: 308pirate

There are different levels of mistakes, what that rookie did, and how based on the very poor training culture, I’d say this is a you might not be in the right job

Lol your retarted.

everyone eats. Not everyone decides to get fucked up on drugs and turn into a parasite.

I know there is a negative viewpoint in terms of drugs and addiction. I believe it would serve people here well to read up on the neurobiology of drug addiction as well as the psychological/social events that lead to the initial choice to use drugs.

It is not as cut and dry as we make it out to be.

Lol your retarted.

The math does not agree with you.

Is that like a sweet tart?

So how many die from ODs and chronic drug use

How many die of obesity related dieases (al la heart attack, stroke, diabetes, etc)

Heart attack alone is like what 700,000 dead per year
Yes. Everyone eats food. That’s normal.

smoking crack and heroin is not

There are different levels of mistakes, what that rookie did, and how based on the very poor training culture, I’d say this is a you might not be in the right job

I put that shit on his training officer. When we have brand new people they work with a highly experienced, specially trained training person for a certain amount of time. Generally their fuckups are caught by the instructor and fixed ASAP. I dont know a specific instance in my company, but another in our industry a new guy receiving his training fucked up HUGE. His instructor got hammered. I dont "think" the guy in question got in trouble outside of some re-training. His instructor should not have let him get into the position he got into to fuckup big time... I feel the same way on this situation. The training officer should have said "FULL STOP, PUT ON PPE"...whatever that level may have been(seems like nitrile gloves at a minimum in this case would have been a good idea).

Reactions: Anb618

Eating food is normal, eating till you can’t see you dick anymore is about as normal as heroine, and actually outside of a OD being fat is less healthy

I put that shit on his training officer. When we have brand new people they work with a highly experienced, specially trained training person for a certain amount of time. Generally their fuckups are caught by the instructor and fixed ASAP. I dont know a specific instance in my company, but another in our industry a new guy receiving his training fucked up HUGE. His instructor got hammered. I dont "think" the guy in question got in trouble outside of some re-training. His instructor should not have let him get into the position he got into to fuckup big time... I feel the same way on this situation. The training officer should have said "FULL STOP, PUT ON PPE"...whatever that level may have been(seems like nitrile gloves at a minimum in this case would have been a good idea).

I disagree, if you have to teach someone to wear gloves before handling evidence that’s bad, if you have to teach them to put gloves on before they handle the pocket contents of a druggie, that’s really bad, if you have to teach them to wear gloves before handing the illicit dangerous narcotics that came out of a druggies pockets, maybe the gardening department at Lowe’s might me a good suggestion.

Again, in some ways its to what degree. The caffeine in you coffee...drug. I dont know about you but without the morning coffee fix I can be pissy. Addicted? The nicotine in your cigar/cigarette/shew...drug. Aspirin...drug

Not everybody lives at McDonald's to get 'SuperSized.

Again, in some ways its to what degree. The caffeine in you coffee...drug. I dont know about you but without the morning coffee fix I can be pissy. Addicted? The nicotine in your cigar/cigarette/shew...drug. Aspirin...drug

Not everybody lives at McDonald's to get 'SuperSized.

Genetic disposition coupled with receptor and hormonal desensitization from stimulus also aids in obesity.

I disagree, if you have to teach someone to wear gloves before handling evidence that’s bad, if you have to teach them to put gloves on before they handle the pocket contents of a druggie, that’s really bad, if you have to teach them to wear gloves before handing the illicit dangerous narcotics that came out of a druggies pockets, maybe the gardening department at Lowe’s might me a good suggestion.

im guessing you have NEVER been in a situation like that. Might have been that guys first time processing evidence like that. Little thing called adrenaline flowing makes you fuck things up that you KNOW NOT TO DO or to not do things that you KNOW YOU NEED TO...like put on gloves. Trust me, ive studied the science of fucking up i.e. error causation and taken quite a few classes on it over my career. I dont care how experienced somebody is, when adrenaline is flowing(and it likely was in this guys case) thats when the most errors occur. So its how you trap those errors... i.e. something like the swiss cheese model. There should be several road blocks for trapping errors such as this and one of those mechanisms is his training partner...who is supposed to be calm, level headed, etc.. in these potential high adrenaline scenarios. HE is supposed to help catch his trainee's errors. I am sure that department also has policy and procedure for doing what they were doing...thats another error trapper. But at the end of the day, the most perfect system of trapping errors still has yet to account for the very complex human brain and all the ways it can come up with to fuck up simple tasks.

im guessing you have NEVER been in a situation like that. Might have been that guys first time processing evidence like that. Little thing called adrenaline flowing makes you fuck things up that you KNOW NOT TO DO or to not do things that you KNOW YOU NEED TO...like put on gloves. Trust me, ive studied the science of fucking up i.e. error causation and taken quite a few classes on it over my career. I dont care how experienced somebody is, when adrenaline is flowing(and it likely was in this guys case) thats when the most errors occur. So its how you trap those errors... i.e. something like the swiss cheese model. There should be several road blocks for trapping errors such as this and one of those mechanisms is his training partner...who is supposed to be calm, level headed, etc.. in these potential high adrenaline scenarios. HE is supposed to help catch his trainee's errors. I am sure that department also has policy and procedure for doing what they were doing...thats another error trapper. But at the end of the day, the most perfect system of trapping errors still has yet to account for the very complex human brain and all the ways it can come up with to fuck up simple tasks.
To go alongside this train of thought, and add to said discussion,,, here is a loosely quoted/remembered comment that was stated by a fireman during a discussion on the Duty Roster, many many years ago:

"When we arrive at a scene, we all know our jobs and our responsibilities. I happened to notice one of the new guys 'running' and I hollered at him 'go sit in the truck for 5 minutes' because there is NO need for running in these situations. One must always maintain calm so-as-to not get distracted or overlook something. Simply because, in these scenario's,,,,, to lose sight or focus can get you killed, as well as risks others at the same time. Add to that, others who then need to attend to YOU whom just made the scene more complicated.

ANYBODY running, gets a time-out"

Sorry for the long post, but would love to hear others thoughts on this as well...

This whole situation is interesting and I wish they could tell us more about the incident. Fentanyl is definitely a powerful drug and extremely lethal, but I have a problem with how the media and law enforcement treats this entire situation regarding fentanyl.

Fentanyl is not a new drug. In fact its been around since I believe the 60s or 70s. But its definitely the latest and greatest when it comes to street drugs. But the media and law enforcement make it seem that if you simply look at the drug, you will overdose. If this was the case then drug users would be dropping dead all over the place.

Fentanyl is typically used intravenously, as a nasal spray, or as a dermal. Its administered in microgram doses. I believe its around 2mg that's considered a lethal amount. A lot of what's found on the streets is in powder form. This powder form would need to be used in the three ways I mentioned for it to enter into you body. So sniff, inject, or rubbed into the skin. If rubbed into the skin, you would need a transporter. Some type of oil based substance. Sweat, the oil on your skin, or water alone would not absorb it into the skin. Well, at least not at a fast rate. Officers typically carry alcohol based hand sanitizer. If you ever touch fentanyl and have it on your skin, NEVER use hand sanitizer thinking it will help. This would actually spread the fentanyl onto our skin and the sanitizer substance would actually allow the drug to absorb into your skin. Just wash your hands liberally with water.

I've seen a lot of stories of officers coming into contact with fentanyl, then within seconds to maybe a minute or two they start having issues. Fentanyl doesn't act that fast, unless injected into your veins or snorted. Opening a baggy in an open area would not cause you to overdose. Maybe if a big gust of wind came and blew it everywhere in the air, but even then in a large open area this would not cause an overdose.

The obvious signs of an overdose is usually labored breathing, unconscious, and slowing heart rate.

Now, a lot of the reports I've seen of officers coming into contact with fentanyl, they claim the officer starts to have breathing issues, dizziness, fainting, and RAPID heart rate. Fentanyl would not cause a rapid heart rate. Breathing issues, dizziness, fainting, and rapid heart rate are also your typical signs of a panic attack. Now Im not saying every report of fentanyl exposure is bullshit, but when I see them mention the officer complained of breathing and rapid heart rate, I tend to lean towards bullshit.

Just today in the next town over two officers were hospitalized for fentanyl exposure. The report said the officers placed the drugs in the trunk of the vehicle and drove the suspect to jail. A few minutes later they both complained of breathing issues and rapid heart rate. Simply having drugs in the trunk would not cause these issues. Ill admit I have no idea how they handled the drug prior to placing it into the trunk, but again rapid heart rate is not from Fentanyl. The report also said they were able to radio in what they were experiencing and their location so paramedics could respond to them. If it were any true possible overdose/exposure, they would never have been able to get on the radio and would have been found dead on the side of the road.

So why are we hearing stories of officers coming into contact with fentanyl and being transported to the hospital for possible overdose/exposure? It could be that they really are having an overdose, or they're experience what is called the Nocebo effect. Many of us have probably experienced this effect. Maybe a doctor prescribed a drug to you and explained to you about all the horrible side effects you may experience. You get a little bit worried about this drug prescribed to you but you take it anyways cuz the doctor says you need it. You take the drug and low and behold, you experience every single side effect you were worried about when in actuality, you really weren't. Your body and mind made you believe this was happening.

Officers hear all the time about how dangerous this drug is and how easily it is to be exposed to it. They find a baggy of a white powdery substance and pull out the test kit. Substance tests positive for fentanyl. Their mind started to freak out cuz they just touched it so now its on there fingers or hopefully gloved hand, they opened the baggy to test it, which means it was exposed to the air so it must be airborne. Officer starts to feel a little funny. Maybe start sweating and feeling lightheaded. This means they start to panic even further, which causes a rapid heart rate and before you know it they drop to the ground and pass out. They overdosed, or at least they think they did. EMS and doctors at the hospital will treat it as such because they are working on limited time if it really is an overdose.

The only way to know for certain that you were exposed to a lethal dose would be with testing your blood. Not sure if the hospital is doing this every time an officer comes into the hospital under the impression they are overdosing on fentanyl. Hopefully they do.

Glad to see the officer is ok and if this was a real overdose, hopefully he learns from this incident on how to properly handle drugs or any substance you come across and you don't know what it is. I think his training officer should have worked a little bit slower with him regarding drugs and how to handle them. But I don't know what phase this trainee was in so maybe his training officer had a little more confidence in the trainee.

Reactions: deersniper
Most of the guys at the Lab just micro dose mushrooms or eat weed gummies and don't know anyone that does opiates or meth. That's that Blue collar/ white lab coat divide I guess.
I guess the problem doesn't exist then

Some animals are more equal eh?

Can we also turn down anyone who’s over ideal body weight?

People who OD on Fentanyl need to be left to die. Period.

No matter how I feel about someone’s personal responsibility (on which, your and my ideology likely align), I won’t just stand by and watch someone fade to black.

If you're a junkie addict you're a useless drain on society.

To go alongside this train of thought, and add to said discussion,,, here is a loosely quoted/remembered comment that was stated by a fireman during a discussion on the Duty Roster, many many years ago:

"When we arrive at a scene, we all know our jobs and our responsibilities. I happened to notice one of the new guys 'running' and I hollered at him 'go sit in the truck for 5 minutes' because there is NO need for running in these situations. One must always maintain calm so-as-to not get distracted or overlook something. Simply because, in these scenario's,,,,, to lose sight or focus can get you killed, as well as risks others at the same time. Add to that, others who then need to attend to YOU whom just made the scene more complicated.

ANYBODY running, gets a time-out"

Yup the "rushing" affect of fucking something up...

Thats a HUGE issue in my industry as we are always under a time crunch.

The whole industry has said they dont care if its late, stop rushing because thats the #1(might be #2) time when things get screwed up usually due to missing a step in a procedure or short cutting a policy in order to get the task done on time.

So good on that guy for watching for that. I doubt he has had any training on the formalities of this stuff(I dont think the fire industry has adopted much if any of my industries studies on this stuff), but he has enough experience to know better. He would make a GREAT training partner, if he wasnt already.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
You ever notice that you can look at the name of a poster and know “this thread is about to go sideways?”

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
If you're a junkie addict you're a useless drain on society.

I was once an addict but I managed to pull away from it with the help from family. It pains me to admit to being an addict as I feel weak/disgusted with that fact. I haven't had an issue since and my addiction started with weight lifting and painkillers (wanted to workout through a back injury, young and dumb).

You are obviously entitled to your opinion but addiction is a disease. There is a negative consequence for quitting (physical/mental withdrawal, symptoms of being sick) coupled with receptor desensitization (needing to consume more drug to achieve positive stimulus) that binds individuals into a perpetual cycle until they OD.

We could also discuss the disconnect drugs cause between the VTA, PFC and amygdala and why the individuals "choice" is corrupted. Why the individuals actions seem so bizarre. A simple example of this are the actions taken while intoxicated vs the actions when sober.

Addiction is lifelong and has genetic components which predispose certain individuals to becoming an addict. Beating addiction involves not only an individuals will but a support system that enables individual growth and a lifestyle without drugs. The support system is where the failure exists and why addicts relapse.

Now the argument at hand involves at what point do we stop administering aid (government resources) to saving a life? That is a ethical/moral/financial conundrum in which I do not have an answer but I believe some criteria should be set.

Again, people really need to study the neurobiology of drug addiction. I had the same viewpoint as most here until I actually studied the topic and became more informed. It is not cut and dry.

Last edited:
I was once an addict but I managed to pull away from it with the help from family. It pains me to admit to being an addict as I feel weak/disgusted with that fact. I haven't had an issue since and my addiction started with weight lifting and painkillers (wanted to workout through a back injury, young and dumb).

You are obviously entitled to your opinion but addiction is a disease. There is a negative consequence for quitting (physical/mental withdrawal, symptoms of being sick) coupled with receptor desensitization (needing to consume more drug to achieve positive stimulus) that binds individuals into a perpetual cycle until they OD.

We could also discuss the disconnect drugs cause between the VTA, PFC and amygdala and why the individuals "choice" is corrupted. Why the individuals actions seem so bizarre. A simple example of this are the actions taken while intoxicated vs the actions when sober.

Addiction is lifelong and has genetic components which predispose certain individuals to becoming an addict. Beating addiction involves not only an individuals will but a support system that enables individual growth and a lifestyle without drugs. The support system is where the failure exists and why addicts relapse.

Now the argument at hand involves at what point do we stop administering aid (government resources) to saving a life? That is a ethical/moral/financial conundrum in which I do not have an answer but I believe some criteria should be set.

Again, people really need to study the neurobiology of drug addiction. I had the same viewpoint as most here until I actually studied the topic and became more informed. It is not cut and dry.
Good for you brother, stay clean. You have my prayers on that one. Takes a man to admit he fucked up, and a bigger man to turn it around.

Ive only been addicted to two things in my life, tobacco, which was a monster to quit because its legal and everywhere, and there was this one rally sweet blonde...