• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ONGOING Changes at USO

Re: Changes at USO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know what Jeff Fertal's screen name is on here so I can send him a PM ? </div></div>

Jeff@USO </div></div>

Sweet thanks

Thanks for the updates. A USO scope is on my GAS list... supporting American mad companies is what it is all about

Quick question to all of the US Optics guys, any idea when the new website will be up?

Looking forward to the update. Cannot wait for it to be online (I have been religiously checking every hour).

Yeah, it is a great improvement over the previous site. One think I would suggest, though, is that when configuring a scope, the reticules are EXTREMELY small pictures and semi-blurry, making it really hard to see what they actually are. Other than that, though, its amazing.

EDIT: Not sure if I just didn't see the link before, but now there are links under the reticules to see larger pictures of them. Problem solved.

New site looks awsome
grin.gif

Really like the new site John. Ordering online was super easy. Keep up the good work!!!

The new site is awesome and I'm glad to see some T's and hats in the gear section. I read somewhere that the "Old School" USO T's make you a better fishermen. I’ll have to see what the new ones do for my angling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IkeEng</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The new site is awesome and I'm glad to see some T's and hats in the gear section. I read somewhere that the "Old School" USO T's make you a better fishermen. I’ll have to see what the new ones do for my angling. </div></div>

Who told you that!!!
wink.gif

I heard the new G String is where it is at!!! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IkeEng</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The new site is awesome and I'm glad to see some T's and hats in the gear section. I read somewhere that the "Old School" USO T's make you a better fishermen. I&#146;ll have to see what the new ones do for my angling. </div></div>

Who told you that!!!
wink.gif

I heard the new G String is where it is at!!! lol</div></div>

That's your fish story EJD049.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2630735

Let us know how that G-string works out for you.

I was at the shotshow looking for scopes for our Dept sniper rifles. USO was one of my favorite options, however I need to get other scopes on the list for consideration. I stopped by PREMIER scope booth and they told me I would need to go through a distributor. It looks like USO with their Great Customer service will be getting our bid without a real bid. Order will be place in April 2012.

Thanks again USO for the great service and Agency discount.

Stan

I just set up as a US Optics Dealer, Becky thanks for the help. Can't wait to get my first batch of scopes in. One is for me personally. It's a beast to top off my GA AR10 in 6.5CM. should be a laser. Thanks again for all the info and service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a beast to top off my GA AR10 in 6.5CM. Should be a laser.</div></div>

looking forward to the pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't hold your breath. </div></div>

WTF??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7 months for an SN-12, still don't have it. Maybe it's just me. </div></div>

Have you called USO to discuss it? Mine hasn't been anywhere near that frametime, but maybe I'm special in a special kinda way!!!

Yes I have, Stan. 3 times, at least. They did send me a SN-12R yesterday, but for anyone who is familiar with the USO product line, they are quite dissimilar.

But again, maybe that's just me.

Oh, it's been 8 months, not 7.

Mr. Williams,

8 Months

Wrong Scope

Completely Ignored FEDEX Request/Instructions

And I'm the bad guy here and you are the one biting your tongue?

If your employees had gotten it right, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Good Luck, Mr. Williams. Sorry to have bothered you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Williams,

8 Months

Wrong Scope

Completely Ignored FEDEX Request/Instructions

And I'm the bad guy here and you are the one biting your tongue?

If your employees had gotten it right, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Good Luck, Mr. Williams. Sorry to have bothered you. </div></div>

Look on the bright side: At least now you know the status of your order. Time to find another scope it looks like.

997... so you called USO, and instead of asking to talk to someone in charge, you instantly bitched out the gal who answered the phone? I'm sure CounterSniper will be waiting to hear from you as they will take any customer, douche bag or not.

I am constantly amazed how people react when things don't go their way. I have literally been given free optics for being patient and understanding when things go wrong... But hey... maybe I'm just that lucky?

How does that phrase go about attracting stuff with honey??

Nothing but good thing to say about my experience with these guys and with the performance of my scopes!

DSCF4122.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

227991_2046223839788_1370176248_32411959_7558589_n.jpg

227269_2046223719785_1370176248_32411958_4010568_n.jpg

Keep up the good work! PS, just cleared a KYL (in a match) with my USO last time out!!!

I don't own any US Optics scopes yet, but if you frequent any shooting or optics website, you know that US Optics is the real deal and has the best customer service out there, so when they refuse someone's business, you know there is something wrong with the CUSTOMER and not the VENDOR. If you were a good, patient customer and didn't lose your temper, you would have gotten what you wanted and then some, but when someone has a bad attitude, they will get exactly what they deserve, like getting cut off from USO.

I'm not a cult follower, so I can see both sides.

If the guy bought and paid for an SN-12, which is a cataloged item BTW, then he should have received an SN-12. If USO took and held his money in agreement to supply the customer the item paid for in the timeframe of four months, then the customer should have received his SN-12 within four months, and certainly not some substitute item an additional four months after the promise date. How long is too long? Anything over the contracted time is too long. Otherwise it's arbitrary.

A customer has the right to complain when the contract has been altered or broken, just the same as the manufacturer does. However, 997/2man, there's a right way and a wrong way to approach the problem. Was the receptionist/secretary discouraging you from communicating with the owner directly, or was the owner in any way difficult to contact? If not, then perhaps taking your frustration out on the lady was your own undoing.

I think too many times we live in our own little worlds in our own little ruts, and forget to "walk in the other guys' shoes", refusing to see things from their perspective. Whether a paying customer or an overwhelmed business owner, we're all guilty of it from time to time. I hope you guys can work things out.

997 isn't alone."...........maybe his appch and such on here wasnt accepted well, but it is still his experience.

My situation was similar, and may choice to sell my sn3 when it finally arrived. Most likely things are much diff. Now

I wish USO et al well, just not in the punch bowl.

Being prof. Is always the best choice , but customer expectations and the unloading of a few grand gets a person spun up at times when things go south contractually.

I Would HATE to be an admin person for GAP, USO, or any of the custom shops with large work orders.

+1 for uso. working on a budget i agree its easy to get spun up at the end of the day shit happens. and they fix it. USO has helped me out and I am very greatful.

thx USO
Jeff

Quality products and customer service payoff with more business. Glad to hear it. Thanks for keeping the Hide in the loop.

i bought my uso 2 years ago and im still loving it and using it when i can to this day. sure there a little up there in price but the quality, craftmenship, and level of customer service that you get when you own one is next to none. i took the advice of a friend of mine when i bought this scope, "buy once, cry once", and im glad i did.just to show the customer service level they have and the love of shooters and there guns listen to this. when my scope first came in the dust cap that comes with erek knob i noticed it was very plain.i asked him if it was possible to have the uoptic emblem etched on one and he said no problem. 2 weeks later there it was. all they asked is that i install and post pictures of it. i did and it paid off. i love uso and will continue to tell people about them and recomend there product.

Just been a complete idiot and managed to strip the threads on the screws on my USO MST100 mount scope rings. I can't get the right size/pitch here in the UK. One PM to JBW#3 and some are on the way. Great guys to work with.

Thanks John, and all the best!

I just made a post in this section about the USO customer service...made an order Thursday afternoon for some flip up covers and other small items....in my mail box Saturday morning...basically 2 days from CA to Louisiana....

Made the order with Jessica, what a great and kind lady to talk to...

I will call and talk to her for my next order, her name is now in my Blackberry under USO contact

Re: we will miss Jeff

One suggestion for the new website - I hunted all over and didn't see a "Contact Us" phone or email information. I had to read through this thread to find it.

BTW, I ordered a 3.2x17 TPAL and I'm patiently waiting now.

Re: we will miss Jeff

For those of you that don't know, USO is making production scopes and I have a few listed on the fs section here. If you ever need help, lazy21 is just a pm away.

Re: ONGOING Changes at USO

I can't wait to see my fully customized SN-3 TPAL! Should be here next week.

And for those of you who dont want to wait for the best - don't buy it. Go to Walmart.

I ordered an SN-3 TPAL from US Optics this spring. The scope was cerakoted and did not pass QC so it took a little extra time to get my scope but I am very greatful that they have the standards they do.

The rings I ordered were flawed and Becky took great care of me, she shipped me a set of badger rings to use while my US Optics rings were being built and painted. This impressed me.

A friend of mine just got back from Astan, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to shoot with him before he goes to his next post but they took care of me.

Through out the process Jessica was very helpful and towards the delivery date Becky and John really took good care of me. When it comes to custom work there can be bumps in the road, the US Optics team clearly stand behind their product in a time where the consumer is often left out in the cold. I can and will recommend their products in the future and look forward to many years of great service.

I've been trying to get a hold of someone at USO for two weeks. I guess they must be busy. Had some issues adjusting my scope according to the instructions. Left two messages. I'm close to driving down to their shop.

Edit: Just got a call back and they got me squared away. Great service from these guys.