• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ONGOING Changes at USO

Re: ONGOING Changes at USO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: para1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to get off TOPIC,but..... could someone tell me how PCMOA reticle is for ranging targets?</div></div> I have used it in a long range class and it worked well; however, I have since gotten a MDMOA reticle and like it better for the 1 MOA stadia lines for ranging. Just my preference.

It's my understanding that USO is building scopes in batches. I'm wanting to order a 1.5-6, but if the wait is really long I may just order from Midway. It's not quite the configuration I want, but may be close enough.

Is there any way to get a realistic estimate of the current wait time?

Get with Lazy21 here on the forum. He might be able to help you out and is great to work with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's my understanding that USO is building scopes in batches. I'm wanting to order a 1.5-6, but if the wait is really long I may just order from Midway. It's not quite the configuration I want, but may be close enough.

Is there any way to get a realistic estimate of the current wait time? </div></div>

Yeah ether talk to Lazy21 here on the Hide or send USO an email.

Check this out.....

U.S. Optics, Inc. has changed the way we engrave our scopes.... We hope you all like it.

The old logo has been removed from the front of the objective, we are engraving a new one on the eyepiece, we will also be engraving a logo on the windage cap.

Hope you all love this as much as we do…….. If any one wants the old logo on the objective make sure you let us know when you place your order.

564664_10151138588193762_600925436_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=1&theater

Great service. . . . .

Dropped by USO today to see about getting eyepiece replaced for threaded cover and was in, done, and out in 5 minutes. Even threw in a front flip-up cover.
Thanks much.

In the process of buying a first USO. The big question now is how in the world am I going to sell and replace all the other high end scopes in the safe that I no longer think are first rate.

I do have a question about replacing a reticule. How much money, downtime is it to replace a reticule in a USO scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offcant721</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do have a question about replacing a reticule. How much money, downtime is it to replace a reticule in a USO scope? </div></div>

Best way to get an answer to that question is to call USO.
I know they have done reticle swaps in the past, but not sure if they are still doing them. Call them and find out though.

Dave I want one of the patch you have as your avatar...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offcant721</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do have a question about replacing a reticule. How much money, downtime is it to replace a reticule in a USO scope? </div></div>

Best way to get an answer to that question is to call USO.
I know they have done reticle swaps in the past, but not sure if they are still doing them. Call them and find out though. </div></div>

Been covered 100 times. USO does not do reticle changes. Nor knob type changes. The only retrofits to existing scopes are adding reticle lighting (if the center boss is the right type to take the addition) and adding the long eye relief eyepiece.

Sell it and buy one the way you want it.

They are working on a 100 moa SN-3 also . Arnold will be sending me one so that it can be tested on the Cheytac . Maybe by Gunsite next month . 100 to 2100 yards with no hold overs . What that means to me is 600 to 2700 without holdovers
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pyrofx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are working on a 100 moa SN-3 also . Arnold will be sending me one so that it can be tested on the Cheytac . Maybe by Gunsite next month . 100 to 2100 yards with no hold overs . What that means to me is 600 to 2700 without holdovers
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Greg </div></div>

Please tell me you are not pulling my leg!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's my understanding that USO is building scopes in batches. I'm wanting to order a 1.5-6, but if the wait is really long I may just order from Midway. It's not quite the configuration I want, but may be close enough.

Is there any way to get a realistic estimate of the current wait time? </div></div>

I ordered a DFP on April 9 and it's supposed to ship on Monday. That's 26 weeks after an initial estimate of 12.

Is USO phasing out the 35mm tubes in favor of the 34mm ?
- did not read all 9 pages of this Thread - so dont know if this was answered earlier .
<span style="font-weight: bold">
<span style="font-size: 11pt">edit to add:</span></span>
So I guess it is so with the <span style="font-weight: bold">SN-3 / 3.8-22 model</span> . 34mm offered only anymore .

Re: Changes at USO

Has USO decided to eliminate the fixed-power ST-6, ST-17, and the ST-22? I have been poking around on their web site and they seem to have disappeared sometime during the last 30 days. Only the ST-10 remains.

Yes we have drop theses scopes from our product line. We are going to concentrate more on the popular models and new product development.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunderstorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On my 11th week waiting and can't even get a status update. </div></div>

Please send me a PM with your info and I will get you a status update tomorrow morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JesseBB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea where I can sent two of my USO scopes for color change? JesseB </div></div>

Try MOA Armory... They should be able to help you.

http://www.moaarmory.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@USO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes we have drop theses scopes from our product line. We are going to concentrate more on the popular models and new product development. </div></div>

Does the same go for the ERGO parallax setup? Say it aint so...

Making room for some new stuff huh? I'm liking the 1-8x, cant wait to get my hands on one. What else is coming down the pipe?

Wow just recieved my ERGO SN-3 order two weeks ago I'm glad I got it in under the wire!!

It seems like the ERGO had a more popular following than the TPAL I wonder why the change??......

The TPAL was more popular than the ergo.... it was like 30 to 1.

Our focus is going to be on what sells so that we can shorten our delivery times.

We also have some new products coming out that we need to work on,

So the SN9 series is also dropped form the line up ? I am lucky enough to own one and they are one clear piece of glass. I also have a 3.8-22x44 (love the look of this scope) with 35mm tube and would have liked to get another in the future, I like that scope as well......so its gone for ever ?

Please dont flame me if the info is buried in the 5 pages of this post -- I couldnt find it.

Is there a simple way to check on status of my SN3?

Lazy21, I am going to need your assistance on this.

Whats the reason behind not being able to put Windage and parallax on the same side (5x25)?

As of last week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@USO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TPAL was more popular than the ergo.... it was like 30 to 1.

Our focus is going to be on what sells so that we can shorten our delivery times.

</div></div>
WOW, I always had the impression it was 50/50.
However, I understand business.
Definitely glad I have a couple ERGO's.

The US#3 and the Parallax knob doesn't fit on the same side. Only the US#1 and the parallax fit on the same side and the US#1 is not available on a 5-25x

Will there be any Horus reticle options available on the US Optics 1-8x24mm scope announced at the 201<span style="text-decoration: underline">2</span> (ahem!) SHOT Show?

A dual focal plane option similar to the illuminated H27D in the Leupold CQBSS?

Will these ever go into production?

I would have liked to have seen one model of the ERGO kept in the line up...... the 3.8-22x44 with 35 or 34mm tube it really is a nice scope. Its a real shame that one has been stopped.....with the 44mm objective and high magnification I do think it offers a low profile high mag option. I am disappointed its gone I would have liked another in the future.