• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Only in Louisiana

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Went riding yesterday afternoon in a summer kit

Snow storm at 9:00 in the evening.

1647091896479.jpeg

Well this is going to go two ways.
1. Get your damned bike out of my way. You bicycle riders blocking the road!!
2. It was 68 here yesterday. At 2am it was raining and at 6:30 this morning there's almost 3 inches of snow.

I ride a road bike so the second option for me.
I thought about a ride yesterday but I had a few fences needing fixed after work.

I need to get my bicycle tuned up for the year. The last of our snow should melt today. It was in the 70s last week, high of 22 on Thursday, and 34 of Friday. Back to near 60 today. People are like, "this weather is crazy." I am like, "It would be crazy if we had a March where the weather didn't do this" I think everything is thawed enough I am going to plant some stuff instead of working on my bike though. I need to mow down some winter kill cover crops, and get a couple more spots ready for trees, or at least decide where I am putting them....only to change my mind when they arrive. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Addendum, I suppose when you have $90,000.00 on a bass boat, and Saturday rolls around, you have to be on the lake. 33 degrees right now and a bass fisherman just cruised by in our cove.

Reactions: lash
Addendum, I suppose when you have $90,000.00 on a bass boat, and Saturday rolls around, you have to be on the lake. 33 degrees right now and a bass fisherman just cruised by in our cove.
Growing up I had a beater $100 used canoe.

If it was a fishin day, we were out. Even busted the thin ice on the water’s edge a few times.

Kinda like deer hunting at -13 air temp and -21 wind chill.
Only skip if its dangerous.

Was in Dallas all week. We rolled out late Thursday and drove back to South Louisiana. Didn’t trust that front coming in. Got snowed in once in Dallas.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
Jeezus.
If you're going to post a bicycle on the Hide it should at least be a 14 signature Colnago frame.

Not just in LA. Colorado weather is schizophrenic too. I’ve only lived here 15yrs and have more goofy weather stories than I can fathom

I guess dressing up like you are in the Tour de France for a bike ride is no different than wearing plates and snipery shit to shoot......

All kidding aside that bike looks fast sitting still.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
FL too. last week mid 80s,tonite 28,early week 50s low. this time of year it's ac 1 day,heater the next to keep temp about 75-76.

I guess dressing up like you are in the Tour de France for a bike ride is no different than wearing plates and snipery shit to shoot......

All kidding aside that bike looks fast sitting still.
I do Senior Olympics cycling. The racing gives me a good excuse to train, the training helps me stay young. At 73 I need all the young I can get.

This is my Time Trial bike. I train on it twice a week because it is a strange bird to ride. TT bikes have the high bottom brackets and the short wheelbase that makes them want to turn and the weight forward and geometry that makes them want to go straight. All that mixed together makes it very unstable and quite a real trick to ride well. Most are afraid of them but riding them regularly (like twice a week or more) gives the skill and confidence to make them do what you want. Plus they are Fast and fast is fun!

Most of my ridding is on a standard road bike. Rides good but a bit boring.

Nice to see another cajun on the forum.
Im offshore in the Gulf on a drillship. We had to unlatch from our well due to winds and heavy seas. Started my shift sweating, ended my same shift last night in a jacket and soaking wet.
Been there done that. Don't miss nothing about the oilfield but the money since retiring.

Reactions: madppcs
Nice to see another cajun on the forum.
Im offshore in the Gulf on a drillship. We had to unlatch from our well due to winds and heavy seas. Started my shift sweating, ended my same shift last night in a jacket and soaking wet.
Remember winter weather in the gulf. Total schitzo. 20 to 30 ft seas. Got hit with 100 mph winds freak storm. Just unlatched from well head. Fun time on deepseas.

Reactions: mtrmn
68 yesterday. Today, 2 inches of snow with lows tonight about 15. Crazy weather. But we had one of our largest snowstorms in April years ago.

Remember winter weather in the gulf. Total schitzo. 20 to 30 ft seas. Got hit with 100 mph winds freak storm. Just unlatched from well head. Fun time on deepseas.
I was on the Richardson, Deepwater Horizon, Cajun Express, Clear Leader. Not necessarily in that order. Spent a lot of time on jackups before that.

I was on the Richardson, Deepwater Horizon, Cajun Express, Clear Leader. Not necessarily in that order. Spent a lot of time on jackups before that.
I was on the Clearleader as well. I worked for NOV and brought it from the shipyard and spent ALOT of time doing rotations on it, the Americas and the Inspiration.