• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes opinion on COUNTER SNIPER optics

Re: opinion on COUNTER SNIPER optics

Every time I read Piston Pete's posts I get dumber and start to drool.

im liking the new one, last one looked like it would hurt after a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am guessing that none of you own a "high end" scope as no one has replied in the affirmative.</div></div>

Good one Pete, I think you called 'em all out. I doubt if there is a high end scope owner on this entire site...mostly Tasco guys I suspect.

By the way, I'm very disappointed that you have thrown your beloved Counter Sniper under the bus. You must know that there are exactly zero fan-boys left on this site now. How could you turn your back on such fine equipment?

You know its pretty bad when you look at the first 2 or 3 topics in the Optics Forum and have to see Countersniper Optics at the top. This thread needs to be blown up and thrown into the largest hole we can find. Im mean wow this has gotten out of hand on the biggest POS in the history of optics. D E L E T E!!!!

Yeah, but name another topic that is guaranteed to go at least 3 pages every time is comes up
laugh.gif

i just got the new white dot pistol model from CS, I have to say that unfortunately it sucks. The white dot reticule seems to be a little large, but the lenses DO have the multi-coating. I dont know about bertrillium or any of that, but there is a definite coating. Here's a pic for those who havent seen the pistol model.

1552fdg.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every time I read Piston Pete's posts I get dumber and start to drool. </div></div>
Now you know how he feels when he writes them.

DaveV, i didn't think there were too many "high end" scope owners here unless they consider, as you say, Tasco, Leapers or NcStar a "high end" scope, i think when Yugo finally produces their scope many here will jump on it. the folks who do own a real fine quality scope as i am looking for are afraid to come forward as they do not wish to be heckled, chided, and laughed at.

i know this sounds a bit cruel to you, but ya knoe sometimes a guy does foolish things, and i know that throwing these fine scopes under the bus is a bit harsh, but i have heard so much good reports about these other scopes, Nightforce, Leupold, Swarovski etc., the quality of these scopes are reportedly so good you can spot a fleas a$$hole on the Moon.., that is if there were fleas on the Moon

be alert, i sense a deluge of disrespect coming our way.., brace yourself !!

I think that I am going to snag up their Titanium Avenger model. 1-8x30 and only 4789.00 dollars. Pretty good deal I think.
PS. That is no joke on the price there, they really want 5k for it on there website
smile.gif

counter sniper scopes....... fooling even the biggest internet hero into wanting one.
They throw around their fancy words and big price tag, and they think that makes them quality? They are junk.

But I see they have fooled someone into buying them......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DaveV, i didn't think there were too many "high end" scope owners here unless they consider, as you say, Tasco, Leapers or NcStar a "high end" scope, i think when Yugo finally produces their scope many here will jump on it. the folks who do own a real fine quality scope as i am looking for are afraid to come forward as they do not wish to be heckled, chided, and laughed at.

i know this sounds a bit cruel to you, but ya knoe sometimes a guy does foolish things, and i know that throwing these fine scopes under the bus is a bit harsh, but i have heard so much good reports about these other scopes, Nightforce, Leupold, Swarovski etc., the quality of these scopes are reportedly so good you can spot a fleas a$$hole on the Moon.., that is if there were fleas on the Moon

be alert, i sense a deluge of disrespect coming our way.., brace yourself !! </div></div>
If you are not being a dumb ass and willing to toss the shit you called top of the line only months ago. Then give us a budget of what you would like to spend and we could go from there on what scope to buy. One thing that shows us you have a little brain is the big fact that you don't go to any other thread that doesn't read Counter Sniper. I personally love Nightforce, USO, Sightron and yes I even picked up one of the Vortex Crossfire’s for $100 bucks to go on my hunting rifle. Sometimes the price is right if it’s the right optic. However you joked about Tasco and Leapers along with NCstar who all equally make a shitty scope like counter shitters. Out of the ones you talked about above go with the nightforce. Great scopes unlike the previous shit you have purchased. Plus I like how you tried to make it sound like one of the other guys on this forum agrees with you. DaveV was stating how so many people write about them becouse they are shit so try to keep you own shit from covering the rest of us please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DaveV, i didn't think there were too many "high end" scope owners here unless they consider, as you say, Tasco, Leapers or NcStar a "high end" scope, i think when Yugo finally produces their scope many here will jump on it. the folks who do own a real fine quality scope as i am looking for are afraid to come forward as they do not wish to be heckled, chided, and laughed at.

be alert, i sense a deluge of disrespect coming our way.., brace yourself !! </div></div>Troll alert.

I'm in, again, before the lock.

There should be an Honarary SnipersHide Countersniper Scope contest.

The participants would be challenged to construct, from toilet paper roll or the like, a single power (magnification optional) countersniper-like scope, that deed indeed function. The first contestant to place two hits on 1 moa steel plate at 1000 yards (verified with witnesses) would be declared winner.

In too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Olin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The participants would be challenged to construct, from toilet paper roll or the like, a single power (magnification optional) countersniper-like scope, that deed indeed function. The first contestant to place two hits on 1 moa steel plate at 1000 yards (verified with witnesses) would be declared winner.</div></div>That's the most creative post I have read on this thread. And it's vying for first place in the utility category, too.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Olin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There should be an Honarary SnipersHide Countersniper Scope contest.

The participants would be challenged to construct, from toilet paper roll or the like, a single power (magnification optional) countersniper-like scope, that deed indeed function. The first contestant to place two hits on 1 moa steel plate at 1000 yards (verified with witnesses) would be declared winner.

In too. </div></div>

I assume that constructing the awesome double reticle out of pipe cleaners would be okay?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Plus I like how you tried to make it sound like one of the other guys on this forum agrees with you. DaveV was stating how so many people write about them becouse they are shit so try to keep you own shit from covering the rest of us please. </div></div>

Hey, back off Strangedays!! It's me and Pete against the Hide. Bring it biotches
grin.gif

You guys are pathetic!! Not only do you not own any high end scopes, you don't have a clue how to...

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-size: 23pt">YELL IN BIG BLUE LETTERS!!!!</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are pathetic!! Not only do you not own any high end scopes, you don't have a clue how to...

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-size: 23pt">YELL IN BIG BLUE LETTERS!!!!</span></span> </div></div>

DaveV, i think we got these guys right where we want them, eating from our hands and licking our boots, how in the world did we gain such an exalted state ?

...you guys can say what you will, I know what scope <span style="font-style: italic">I'm </span>putting on my build rifle...

...now, if I could jusr decide what caliber to get it in...

That's easy...

.499 LWR

Hey DaveV, congrats on your new prison buddy!

I heard counter sniper is going out of business because they have mined out all of the uraniumgoldenrodtitaniumiodine coating for their super clear lenses.

We will never fully understand what BS goes into a CS scope, only Pete will. Because like the company he worships "much of what they have done is still classified".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey DaveV, congrats on your new prison buddy!

I heard counter sniper is going out of business because they have mined out all of the uraniumgoldenrodtitaniumiodine coating for their super clear lenses.

We will never fully understand what BS goes into a CS scope, only Pete will. Because like the company he worships "much of what they have done is still classified". </div></div>

ROFLMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey DaveV, congrats on your new prison buddy! </div></div>

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey DaveV, congrats on your new prison buddy!

We will never fully understand what BS goes into a CS scope, only Pete will. Because like the company he worships "much of what they have done is still classified". </div></div>

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...you guys can say what you will, I know what scope <span style="font-style: italic">I'm </span>putting on my build rifle...

...now, if I could jusr decide what caliber to get it in... </div></div>

I dont know the caliber, but this one seems to be Pete's favorite, I just wonder when he is going to put up a vid of him shooting it at the range.

suicide_gun_postcard-p239267722977637571trdg_400.jpg

This is the PM Piston Pete sent me last night.

it's a joke man.., a JOKE !! do you know what a joke is my friend, ? i can not believe some of you folks are missing the humor and are so up tight that some of you have to resorted to vile name calling and demanding me being banned.

trust me friend i know what good glass is and i own some, i have not been hiding in the turnip patch these 60 years of shooting in my 72 years on this Earth. back in the "Good Ole Days" a good high end scope was in the $4-500.00 range, now it's $2,000.00+

It's like the counter sniper scope has haunted the hide....no matter how often it's asked or how many times it's brought up, someone will continue to ask, "Counter Sniper Scopes, are they good? Are they for real? are they durable?"

hahaha You are all right....at least we all get a good laugh every now and then...

Anyone care to guess how long it will be before this topic comes up again???????I will say 1 month.....

The problem is every time it dies down for a bit, some trade mag does a "review" of one and fans the embers back to flame. Until the magazine writers pull their heads out of their asses, it will continue. Keep the popcorn on simmer.

PAGING: "deadly0311" PAGING: "deadly031

You know, I just had to do this, he did it to me:

PAGING: "deadly0311"
You assistance is needed on Line 1,

Thank you, he he he..... (he is going to love me for this one)

Re: PAGING: "deadly0311" PAGING: "deadly031

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am guessing that none of you own a "high end" scope as no one has replied in the affirmative.

i got my new Midwayusa.com master catalog yesterday, after perusing the scopes advertised, i am thinking the Night Force will be my next new scope, kinda teetering on the Swarovoski, maybe get the Leapers instead, maybe the CS in Titanium
wink.gif
</div></div>

I fu*king love this guy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, I just had to do this, he did it to me:

Thank you, he he he..... (he is going to love me for this one) </div></div>

I got a good laugh outta this one Stacey
laugh.gif
i dont even waste much more on these threads. Used to these Counter Sniper threads were the full on balls to the wall combat with Piston Pete. Personally i think Pete is delusional and most of the time his comments come way outta left field and leave me sitting here looking around the room going what the hell, damn that just blew my mind,
confused.gif
crazy.gif
thanks Stacey..... and PS the chasis locks up nice and tight now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone care to guess how long it will be before this topic comes up again???????I will say 1 month..... </div></div>

negative.... i give it 2 weeks tops
laugh.gif
it never fails

I don't understand how honestly this can continue. Its like taking the famous "toilet paper roll with fishing line crosshairs" stunningly aligned, duct taped to the Daisy Red Rider and going Werewolf hunting. Get it, just ain't going to happen in this lifetime, nor should it ever be attempted, but there is always that one "Bubba" that has a great idea for a cool name "toilet paper roll" that will sell like ice to eskimo. 2 weeks, huh, maybe everytime it comes up, the title gets changed to something like "the famous toilet paper roll with fishing line crosshairs", he he.......

Stacey you been in the bottle a little tonight?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if so ill give you my adress and you can get me an AI AW in a 300WM out
wink.gif

deadly0311, nope not yet, just let loose for a few to enjoy some time less business, gotta do it every once and a while. The AWM .300WM, well now, see there you go back into the business side, oh boy, na just kindin, I might know where one or two are if you really need one......

i definitely need one, but i might have to come live with you as my wife would go ape shit on me if i came home with one
laugh.gif
i cook pretty good and dont require much. Stacey if you ever get some time when the JST match down in Fremont NC takes place you oughta come down with you and your son and shoot it with us

Yeah, I did that thing over 15years ago. Showed up with x1 .308, x1 .300WM and had a .338 on order. My wife sees me back up to the house, which I had been to Oakridge, TN for about a week, and start unloading the truck. She looks at these boxes and has to ask "what are these? with a funny look on her face?"
I say, "not mine but a customer's".
oh she says, and both of them?
Well, you see, I had to get one for myself, the .308 of course, to learn, and use to demo for a selling point.
Oh, and how much did that cost?
This is when it got kinda ugly, oh bout $5500 or so.
This is where I can't put into words what she said next.......... bunches of 4 letters

So, I lived the pain, understand the issues and can only say, you gotta make some good, some bad and some MARRIAGE choices in life, get it......

Just lmk when the dates are and if I can work it in, I would be glad to stop by. I will be down there in Swansboro around the 22nd, my daughter has gone off and decided to get married, and I have to be there, huh, the things these women get me into.

Swansboro is about 45 minutes North of me. Maybe one weekend when you get a chance we can get out and shoot a little bit. Ill shoot you a PM tomorrow. Im heading to the sheets

Stacey,

Did you just do a bunch of duckin' and dodgin', then try to blot the aftermath from your mind?

Is there possibly anything you remember that could be of use to the rest of us who make one of those marriage choices...some of us more often than others.

Well, yes there was a bunch of gotta go gotta go gotta go, and then she calmed down, it did take a while. We sat down and I pulled my 1st AWP 20" Fluted fixed stock, adj. cheek, adj butt plate, S&B 3-12x50, black metal and OD Green skins, she was a beaut! I introduced the wife to her, kinda like a mistress in the house unnerving and somewhat dangerous too, I explained the rifle was going to replace some other ones like the Steyr SSG's first off, that was not enough evidently, so then I offered up the Blaser LRS1, she calmed down then. So this one replaces 3, that will work and those are all sold she asked, oh well, you see I have not had the time to post them, but I will be tomorrow! That made it all better for the moment. The one thing not to do, quickly following this, was when I introduced the AWM .300WM within 3 months. That was a bit early to her might I add, not to me, but was a bit harder to justify this time. But again, more rifles were spared, but after that, I was told that I needed to make sure I was selling these rifles and not just collecting them. So, here we are, she is happy, I am happy after the many years still married with 22 years and many many AI's later. But she has been introduced to many of them, shot most all including the AW-50 and loved it. She actually carried the spent case around in the car with her, showed all her friends which were nurses (then didn't seem to approve of my career choice) but all and all I think getting her behind the suppressed .308's and Night Vision did her in, she loved it. So if you can get the wife involved, that may pay off, maybe get her into a .223 setup and AICS, which she can call HER's, some times that works to.

I've been married 22 years as well. Congrats...you <span style="font-style: italic">deserve</span> it.

Thanks! Great advice to be sure. I'm fortunate in that I'm usually the one that greets the UPS man and the mail man. Then, however, on occasion, I've had to run the gauntlet; I have to get the rifle, or scope, or whatever toy I've ordered, by her, and down into my gun room. She knows I'm shuffling goods down there, so, when I sell something, I make a big production of it. I make sure she sees the package, and I bump things with it to make noise, then, to finish, I ask her, "I'm going to UPS, need anything while I'm out?" As long as I do that once a month or so she figures I’m at least <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">trying</span></span> to stay even and I stay on her good side.

Stacey,

I get it and I have been married a little less than a year. However, I don't get the luxury of bringing the new one home and telling her which ones are going...they are gone in time to cover the purchase. It's just too bad she is more beautiful and has a touch more personality than any of my weapons or I'd still be batch'in it.

Josh

Magnumdood: good and very valid points, make it dramatic, the more the better I would say, good job.

MinorDamage: understand and agree, that did take some time to build up to, I assure you. But, keep in mind I have been an FFL for many years about 20+ now and have saved, everything I could when I could to better the collection. I many years ago, sold Steyr SSG's, Blaser LRS1's, TRG's and many others plus the custom guns as well. Each sold, made it a little closer to the AI dream. I believe all should work their way up to better and better quality whether it be optics, rifles and training. If you start at the top, where do you go? Work with what you have, enjoy it, make a plan to go better, work towards that and the goal is always to improve my friend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Stacey @ AINA said:
laugh.gif
i dont even waste much more on these threads. Used to these Counter Sniper threads were the full on balls to the wall combat with Piston Pete. Personally i think Pete is delusional and most of the time his comments come way outta left field and leave me sitting here looking around the room going what the hell, damn that just blew my mind,
confused.gif
crazy.gif
thanks Stacey..... and PS the chasis locks up nice and tight now </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3333FF">read and heed !!</span></span></span>

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">This is the PM Piston Pete sent me last night.

it's a joke man.., a JOKE !! do you know what a joke is my friend, ? i can not believe some of you folks are missing the humor and are so up tight that some of you have to resorted to vile name calling and demanding me being banned.

trust me friend i know what good glass is and i own some, i have not been hiding in the turnip patch these 60 years of shooting in my 72 years on this Earth. back in the "Good Ole Days" a good high end scope was in the $4-500.00 range, now it's $2,000.00+</span></span>

actually i thought this would be a private PM, but strangedaysnightsallthefcukingtyme decided to make it public sooo, please cool it, try real hard to interpret the humor, some of you folks are so tight assed it would take a case of dynamite to drive a pin up your a$$ !

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">READ AND HEED !</span>!</span></span>

i wish i was cool enough to yell in blue and red letters. Pete i havent taken anything you said seriously in a long while, in fact i never did. I know your joking around and i get that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Stacey @ AINA said:
laugh.gif
confused.gif
crazy.gif
thanks Stacey..... and PS the chasis locks up nice and tight now </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3333FF">read and heed !!</span></span></span>

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">This is the PM Piston Pete sent me last night.

trust me friend i know what good glass is and i own some, i have not been hiding in the turnip patch these 60 years of shooting in my 72 years on this Earth. back in the "Good Ole Days" a good high end scope was in the $4-500.00 range, now it's $2,000.00+</span></span>

actually i thought this would be a private PM, but strangedaysnightsallthefcukingtyme decided to make it public sooo, please cool it, try real hard to interpret the humor, some of you folks are so tight assed it would take a case of dynamite to drive a pin up your a$$ !

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">READ AND HEED !</span>!</span></span></div></div>

Did you intentionally try to make that post sound like the schizophrenic ramblings of a bum, or is that just the way it turned out? A joke is one thing, but making it painful for the mind to parse just isn't fair to those of us with self-diagnosed Aspergers.