• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions for multiple “rack grade” Ar purchase

Colt, FN, BCM or Sig 400....................might be a little over your budget, depending on which.

MM

I'm collecting PSA parts kits and Anderson lowers for beater rifles that could double as cash cows if things get retarded again.

Nearly every part has visible machine marks, some make "zing" noises when you slide them back and forth. So what? It works. So far function has been perfect and it's a fucken $350 AR-15 with a MI free float handguard. Hard to fuck it up that bad for that money.

I did that last time around and don't regret it, sold a couple that I built for 2500 bucks on consignment at a friend's shop. Colt is the path of least resistance IMHO because every panicked Fudd will want it...because it's a Colt...

Those 6920 troopers are probably gonna be it for right at 800 a pop. Now to figure out if I can get the same deal locally.

Reactions: Jsp556
FN SRP Tactical or 6920 Trooper? Founds both for 800 shipped

Yeah, the FN tactical is midlength, the Colt trooper is carbine. MI rail on the FN, Centurion on the colt, both MLOK.

Reactions: Luvman
FN SRP Tactical or 6920 Trooper? Founds both for 800 shipped

It's nice that the FN is mid-length but sucks that it's pinned and welded. (as per FN's sight. If you found one that's not pinned & welded then I'd pick the FN 10/10 times)

It's nice that the 6920 isn't pinned & welded but sucks that it's carbine-length.

Reactions: Luvman
Obviously, passionate feelings abound about AR “tiers”.

I would like to point out, that as a lot of companies do, PSA has lots of different levels of “quality” in their line.

They still occasionally have the CHF FN barreled kits and uppers (have 2 older ones myself) and some of their barrel steel is 4150 CMV, depends on the particular barrel. Their premium BCG is MPI Carpenter 158 and I have owned and helped others with many of them and have always seen that they come properly staked and assembled. They use mil spec tubes and forged receivers and many other attributes named here as the reasons to buy Colt.

I am sure some people have had a turd arrive, when you grew like they did in such a short period there are bound to be some issues that slip through the cracks. I myself have only had one issue, a canted front sight, and it was resolved in a week.

You cannot look at their Ptac or Freedom line and declare the whole line as “hobbyist”. They produce a premium line that is quite good at a price that has helped put tons of rifles into the hands of folks who otherwise would have taken up another interest.

The owner has stated that his goal is to arm as many folks as possible by making affordable ARs. That and the experience I have had myself make me always look to them when making a purchase or recommendation.

Also, the term “mil-spec” simply means it meets the quality of the bean counters in the government. The military has been straddled with a lot of “mil-spec” things that were not up to the task they were purchased for.

If you are buying them for an investment, Colt will get you the best return on that investment. That being said, I am pretty much exclusively an LMT person. But during these little panics that happen, I notice the largest percentage increase in the price of Colt rifles.