• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions needed. I shot my new Remington 700, 300 win mag today

Tackelbarry

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2017
and was overall very happy. It is a Remington model 85197, 24” threaded barrel, H.S. Precision stock, 5r rifling and a “CRAPPY” trigger. I mounted a Leupold MK IV 6.5x20 scope, that I had sitting around, and drilled a face that I drew on a bowling pin at 200 yards. Accuracy appears to be great. But the trigger ........ I called Remington and the tech told me to remove the set screw to get it down to 4 pounds. It is still at 5 pounds. I am looking for a nice trigger that I can adjust to the 3-3.5 pound area. Clean break with no creap. I tend to like two stage triggers. I have a APA fat B muzzle break ordered. Opinions or advice for a nice drop in trigger? Other than the trigger, I really like this gun. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Calvin Elite would be a great choice.
Also the TriggerTech Diamond would be at the top of my list.

I think I will go with the Triggertech. Since I will also be doing demonstrations I am going with the basic trigger that is adjustable to 4 lbs. Thanks for the info.

Good choice. I am pretty sure the diamond doesn't have a bolt release so you would have to get one of the other models.