• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes opinions ought on ADM (American Defense Manu. ring

clifford44

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2008
Arkansas
Does anyone have any opinions they'd like to share on ADM rings, bases, etc.? I saw them on the Liberty Optics site. I figure if Scott carries them they are probably gtg. Anyone who has actual experience with them and cares to share their opinion would be appreciated. I'm wondering how they compare to Seekins, Badger, NF, etc. Thanks

Re: opinions ought on ADM (American Defense Manu. ring

I bought one for my aimpoint and was totally satisfied, and it was cheaper than anything else out there. Recommended

Larue supports our shooting industry, law enforcement, and the military. Every match I have ever been involved with has always had a large pile of prizes donated by Larue. I would spend the extra 15 bucks on Larue and never look back.

I'm interested in this thread, as we sell ADM. I tried real hard to be a LaRue dealer but they weren't interested. I'm aware of their rep and quality product, and their support for "guys like us". They "just say no".

We were referred to ADM by a member here and they have been a very good product for us. However, your feedback and experience with ADM is sought.

Thanks,

Scott

The ADM mounts are very good mounts and currently the only QD 35mm mounts that I am aware of.
I've had several mounts and they are all high quality and return to zero. The only issue I ever had was one of the locking levers would start to open up after approximately 30 rounds on my Reckon mount. I replaced it with another lever from a different mount and it was fine.

ADM and Larue are both great mounts, but the new Bobro mounts are amazing. And yes, I own all 3 brands.

Re: opinions ought on ADM (American Defense Manu.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue supports our shooting industry, law enforcement, and the military. Every match I have ever been involved with has always had a large pile of prizes donated by Larue. </div></div>

Well , that does not means at all that Larue goods are superior .

I have plenty of Larue and ADM stuff , I like them both , same quality IMHO .

PP out

so is the concensus here that ADM is a quality product?? I know there were not a ton of responses, but of those who did, none had anything negative to say about them.. I "desperately" need a set of 30mm medium height rings that are at a minimum decent quality so i can mount my brand new NF 3.5-15x50 to my Remmy LTR .308! My wife isn't working this summer (stay at home mom..! lol) so my normal gun $ is not what it has been. Trying to find some good used mounts or some "decent" quality new ones. I just might try the ADM's. If anyone has a quality used pair of the described mounts taking up space in their safe.....make me a deal/offer. Thanks for the input guys. Clifford

ADM is very high in quality. Anyone that says differently is ignorant.

The one nice thing about the ADM vs. the LaRue, is the ADM locking mechanism does not scratch up your upper like the LaRue does.

/cl

VERY happy with the ADM-recon I have on my AR-15.
Tough, light, both levers latch in place.

I've used LaRue and ADM, sold all the LaRue stuff after replacing with ADM mounts.

Using the Recon mounts for a TR21 and another for an NXS compact, the aimpoint mount with a CompM4, and a number of light mounts as well as a bipod mount. Not to mention a bunch of TD QD VFGs. Not a single problem.

And they don't gouge the rails like the LaRue mounts did. The last straw was not being able to adjust the LaRue bipod mount without removing the bipod to get enough clearance for the wrench. No such problems with ADM parts.

HTH, Pete

I'm wondering what exactly the deal is with larue's attitude...... any input? just an asshole?

Thanks for the input guys. One thing about "the hide", there is never a shortage of opinions..!!! The best part though is that most of them come from experience and yrs. of knowledge and are for the most part correct. I think I'll order a set of ADM rings today ! Again, thanks everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wondering what exactly the deal is with larue's attitude...... any input? just an asshole? </div></div>

Larue = 1 Part Asshole, 1 Part Texan, and 1 Part protecting his shit.

This exact topic (on most sites) ends up as a brand-name bitch fest between the loyal customers...

I can say I own both LaRue and ADM gear, and find both of them to be excellent...

I currently run (as far as ADM) a Recon 30mm QD Scope Mount, a Cantilever Aimpoint Mount, a Surefire QD Mount (for an M951), and 2 or 3 of the TD QD VFG's (Which use ADM QD Mounts, BTW, in case you weren't aware).

I also own an LT-104 Scope Mount, an LT BUIS and have owned an LT Aimpoint Mount in the past. I've shot or handled pretty much every mount (I Think) that LaRue has put out in recent years.

I've never been less than 110% satisfied with any of them.

Mark LaRue turns out great shit - no doubt about that. As a fellow Texan, I try to take his tantrums with a grain of salt and just chalk the eccentricities up to ego. It IS a justified ego, but I will admit I prefer the "quiet professional" personna that several in the industry adhere to. That being said, he is a lightning rod and has successfully defended his products on several fronts. Few have anything bad to say about his gear that doesn't stem from personal discontent.

But, ADM catches a lot of flack from the LT Fan Base - and if not for the negativity that comes from that arena, I feel that they would be held in far higher esteem...

All that being said (since the OP is asking specifically for thoughts on the ADM mounts).

I've found the Recon Mount I own to be exceptional. Return to Zero is positive after several dozen dismounts (both for weapons maintenance, and probably a dozen or so in the first few range sessions to build my confidence in the mounting system - it was the first ADM I owned and I wanted to see for myself). I run a Falcon 4-14 FFP on an 18" HB Varminter/SPR type rifle in this mount. I can say from personal experience that a 10 shot group at 300 followed by a dismount and a second 10-shot group will overlay one another in such a manner that strings could not be distinguished except by individually logging each shot. I have a photo of these strings on my old phone and will see if I can dig it out.

The same holds for my Aimpoint, although I don't shoot it in a manner to distinguish sub-MOA shifts in zero. I can say that I've removed the mount more times than I've kept track of, yet I've never re-zeroed the optic since the initial install - maybe 2K rounds ago.

As far as robustness of the mount, I'd guess that the average VFG takes far more pounding than the average optic, and a single ADM QD mount is used on the most popular QD VFG on the market (versus the double QD's used on optic mounts).

The two brands use drastically different styles of mounting mechanisms, and both have detractors. I do tend to believe that the LT style mount should be stronger - but am not sure that at the energy levels required to damage either style of mechanism that the item being mounted would not be destroyed long before the mount.

Don't want to come across as an ADM ass-kisser. But, I've found their gear to be perfectly serviceable, and will continue to consider them a viable option for mounts that meet my needs...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for, know, have any idea what they look like, or expect to ever meet anyone who works for either LaRue or ADM. I am strictly a one-way cash-flow proposition for them (they get my money from time to time, that's the extent of my involvement with them)...

For my ARs I've used a number of different mounts, including Larue, ADM and Bobro. I really love Bobro, they're my go to for now and the foreseeable future. That said, ADM makes a solid product. You should be well served if you go with them. I recommend them without reservation.