• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions: Trijicon Ten Mile 4-30x56 vs Vortex Razor G2 4-27x56??

C Cape

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2008
Valdosta, Ga
Hey guys,

I know there are tons of threads on the Razor but can't find much about the Ten Mile.

I can get both for around the same price and am trying to decide between the two to go on my 6BRA for PRS Matches. The razor has a cult following but is around 10 oz heavier than the Trijicon. Anyone have experience with both?

Thanks,
Chris

I do not have experience with the Ten Mile but i do have 2 G2 Razors 4.5-27’s and am in the camp of it being a lot of scope for what you pay to get it. The Ten Mile has not been in the wild real long and I am always skeptical of buying new product until its been out for awhile and proved itself. People claim to have issues with the Gen 2 Razor but i have not experienced any issues with mine and the guys I have in my circle that run them have not either. As with any product, if there are a million of them made and purchased, issues will turn up because at the end of the day they are made by humans and stuff happens. If only 1,000 are made and used by customers the number of warranty claims And issues will be lower. I would say by a fairly large margin the Razor G2 is one of the most popular and widely used scope by a lot of people. Some people used one, decided it didn’t check all the boxes so sent it down the road for other big brands to try until they found their preferred scope. Some guys on this change scopes like they do underwear. No problem with that if you can afford it and want to do that. For me, the Razor G2 checks all my boxes and came in at a price i could afford. Hopefully someone can help you out about the Ten Mile but ultimately it’s all subjective and opinion and you will have to find what works for you.

They should be very competitive with each other.

Tenmile is Trijicon's latest re-badging effort and it should a very similar scope to the Detla Stryker and Athlon Cronus which are a both well regarded and well made.

I'd probably take a look at the reticles and see what works best for you. If EBR-7C looks good to you, it is hard to go wrong with the Razor.

ILya

the reticle alone would put me off.

.5 mil on the main crosshair and .2 on the tree doesn't make sense to me. seems backwards from what should be the minimum acceptable

Local store had a Tenmile today and I played with it for a bit. He also had a Tango6 and a XTRiii so I got to compare a little. Tenmile seemed like a really good scope. The reticle looked much better through the scope than it does looking at the images.

Reactions: screaminweasil
Go straight to the front of the plane.

SB 3-27x56 HP PMII.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Still trying to understand what these scopes bring to the table over the G2 other than a few OZ of weight savings.