• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions Wanted: Should I Switch Out My ACOG's

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    Thinking of switching my 3 ACOGs, TAO1NSN, TA31F, and TA31RCOA4 for something with more magnification. I love all the scopes but at my age 4X is a stretch for me even at 100 yards. So I'm thinking of going the Night force route. Been batting this around for the last several weeks

Re: Opinions Wanted: Should I Switch Out My ACOG's

Keep one and sell the other two to fund a higher mag scope. ACOGs are fun, you'll miss them if get rid of them all.

ACOGs are hard to get nowadays, with significant waiting times depending on model and reticle. I would personally keep all of them, and save up for a different magnified scope.

But on the other hand all your ACOGs are 4x32, so you may just pick the one you like the least to sell.

Nightforce are great scopes.

Since you like ACOGs and are looking for some extra magnification for not very long distance shotting...if you want something in fixed mag....have you looked at Elcan SpecterDR 1.5-6x scopes?

I'm running the TA31F on a SIG 556,the TA01NSN on a Colt 6920 and the TA31RCOA4 on a SCAR 16S. Most of my shooting with the ACOG's is at 200 yards or less. The one I'd probably keep if any would be the TAO1NSN.

I've been tinking about getting a Nightforce 5x22 NXS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lostangel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TA01NSN is the one with the iron sights built in on top right? </div></div>

Yes,,

I recently sold my TA01, and I'm glad I did. I needed more magnification, and wanted variable magnification. I stand by my decision, but I loved my ACOG. It's a great scope for a DMR, but I wanted an optic for an SPR, so the ACOG had to go. I also eventually wanted to get the TA11, since it has more eye relief and has the BAC. For me, there was no purpose to having more than one ACOG.

Get a Variable Power scope luepold is coming out with some new tactical scopes that I have seen just browsing through you tube. IOR has a few that are really good as well.

The 1.8-10x might work for me but still leaning towards the 5.5-22 NXS if ideccide to sell 2 of my ACOG's which i'llmost probably do. Thanks for the heads up.

I would go with a 2.4-10x32. That is what I have on my AR. Works great. I used to have an ACOG, but the NF series is better for my needs.

-dan