• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Opinons on the FN 45 Tactical threaded Pistol

Re: Opinons on the FN 45 Tactical threaded Pistol

I have the FNP-45 Tactical in Flat Dark Earth Color. I like it allot.

I ended up getting a optic for the top of the slide and ended up selling it due to the small window of view. I like the open sights better. The tirgger is not all that good...glock ish style pull.

It shows to be very accurate at longer distances, I shoot mine at metal plates, bowling pins etc at 10 yards with little difficulty.

I plan to get the SilencerCo Osprey 45 FDE for it.

DSC00059.jpg

I also have the the FH Tactical and also the standard 45. I like them both. For the Tactical I have a Silencerco Osprey, they make a great combination. Had a Burris red dot on, but the blow back from the suppressor left alot of powder on the lens.
IMG_0473.jpg

Ok, guess I'll be the downer. I didnt like it.

My critique is from the viewpoint of someone who views a handgun as a last ditch defensive weapon, and thus the overriding concern that it first and foremost should be utterly reliable. Ergonomics, caliber, accuracy, etc can be debated ad-naseum but reliability is non-negotiable.

I believe the design of the FNP-45T is flawed in the trigger group and trigger itself. I wont go into the all of it but a cursory internet search will show you what i am talking about and experienced. The trigger pin works loose, and the frame is too flexible. I also experienced weak and erratic ejection leading to stoppages. My personal opinion after experience with a lot of different handgun makes was that the internals looked flimsy and didn't inspire confidence, perhaps that is an unfair critique since it is subjective. The magazines are too tight and will hang up with rounds that are slightly out of spec in OAL.

All in all, while the pricing is attractive for all the features it comes with, as well as a very nice case and 3 mags - nice job there FN - I couldn't trust the weapon, and thus it had to go. Simple as that. FN had very good customer service, but convinced me the problems were designed into the weapon.

It is very accurate, surprisingly ergonomic given the enormous capacity, and soft shooting for a 45, and yet to me worthless for its intended purpose as a defensive weapon.

i have held them and they seem nice the frame seems thinner then my usp tac but at the end of the day i would take my usp tac... just me and iam sure the fn and usp tac would come out in a draw at the end of the day.

if you like the boxy grip the usp is cool if you like a little slimmer grip the fn is cool

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, guess I'll be the downer. I didnt like it.

My critique is from the viewpoint of someone who views a handgun as a last ditch defensive weapon, and thus the overriding concern that it first and foremost should be utterly reliable. Ergonomics, caliber, accuracy, etc can be debated ad-naseum but reliability is non-negotiable.

I believe the design of the FNP-45T is flawed in the trigger group and trigger itself. I wont go into the all of it but a cursory internet search will show you what i am talking about and experienced. The trigger pin works loose, and the frame is too flexible. I also experienced weak and erratic ejection leading to stoppages. My personal opinion after experience with a lot of different handgun makes was that the internals looked flimsy and didn't inspire confidence, perhaps that is an unfair critique since it is subjective. The magazines are too tight and will hang up with rounds that are slightly out of spec in OAL.

All in all, while the pricing is attractive for all the features it comes with, as well as a very nice case and 3 mags - nice job there FN - I couldn't trust the weapon, and thus it had to go. Simple as that. FN had very good customer service, but convinced me the problems were designed into the weapon.

It is very accurate, surprisingly ergonomic given the enormous capacity, and soft shooting for a 45, and yet to me worthless for its intended purpose as a defensive weapon.
</div></div>

I disagree.

I have one, with roughly 1500 rounds of 45 thru it. Be it in regular use, indoor range use, and some classes. It has been thru some serious hell and 6 different shooters. We all beat on it and it keeps on ticking. I have cleaned it 3 times in that amount of rounds and it never hiccuped. I have an Osprey in FDE pending approval for it that I am excited to get to use. I think for the money it is an awesome platform.

Accurate, points well, and easy on the wallet considering the features, mag capacity and kit included.

I ordered a black one, and a TiRant to go on it. thanks guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a black one, and a TiRant to go on it. thanks guys! </div></div>

I look forward to hearing your feedback as well. This is at the top of my list with the thought of using an optic and a suppressor. It's interesting that folks have had some trouble running both at the same time and makes me reconsider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Substance-P</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a black one, and a TiRant to go on it. thanks guys! </div></div>

I look forward to hearing your feedback as well. This is at the top of my list with the thought of using an optic and a suppressor. It's interesting that folks have had some trouble running both at the same time and makes me reconsider. </div></div>

I ran mine with a red dot, surefire x300, and YHM Cobra M2 suppressor. It shot great.
I put the YHM on my 1911 and got an Osprey coming for the FNH

the backstrap near the bottom pokes out into my hand and for that reason alone i havent bought one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, guess I'll be the downer. I didnt like it.

</div></div>

I disagree.

I have one, with roughly 1500 rounds of 45 thru it. Be it in regular use, indoor range use, and some classes. It has been thru some serious hell and 6 different shooters. We all beat on it and it keeps on ticking. I have cleaned it 3 times in that amount of rounds and it never hiccuped. I have an Osprey in FDE pending approval for it that I am excited to get to use. I think for the money it is an awesome platform.

Accurate, points well, and easy on the wallet considering the features, mag capacity and kit included. </div></div>

Glad yours is working for you. Mine was terrible with multiple FTFeeds and extremely weak extraction/ejection. I had two magazines that were trouble as well, one of which I couldn't even load WWB into all! Granted, WWB is slightly long but wow, couldn't even get the rounds into the mag.
Watch out for the trigger pin working out from the side - I really dont understand why they designed it that way.
Anyway mine was nothing but trouble, but it was fun to shoot when it would. As accurate as any 45 I have shot, meaning a one holer at 15 yards was no trouble.
In the end, I went back to HK, which out of my three, with multiple thousands of rounds, I have not had a single malfunction of any kind, ever, so I trust them.
If my example worked like yours, I would still have it, becasue I liked it otherwise. I just lost confidence in the platform with so many issues my example had right off the bat.
FN knows about the magazine problems, they will replace them if someone gets a few with the same problems mine had. They have great customer service, at least when I dealt with them.

I had a chance to look at a regular FNP-45 at a local show yesterday. While they are certainly big in the grip, they weren't as thick as I imagined. Are the frames equivalent between the tactical and the non-tactical FNP-45s?

I am 90% sure this will be my next handgun...

I like mine. I like it over my HK 45 tactical......the grip and trigger are more user-friendly!