• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optic for Ar-15 "SPR/DMR" build

Obviously that bent one is a counterfeit
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
So I should have revisited this page a long time ago for updates but I completely pivoted on my original idea for this set up. I ended up selling/abandoning the idea of a 5.56 spr/dmr and bought an AR-10 .308 with an 18" barrel. After much research and deliberation I ended up going with the Vortex LHT 4.5-22x50 and an offset 509t in an arisaka mount. Got some stuff left to put on it but after I do I'll post some pictures. Thanks again for all those who chimed in.

Lol! Are people having problems with these? I haven't had any issues yet, I've shot it a fair amount and taken it out to 600 yards on small steel targets. What's the scoop, genuinely interested?
Read this

Ahhh. I did skim that thread already, mine has some dirt on it from negligently knocking over my rifle a few times already, haha. Haven't seen any zero shift but will let this thread know if I do.

Reactions: deersniper
No pretensions of SPR, just a 20" barreled (.223 Wylde) AR-15 which has my vote for the Vortex Venom 3 -15 X 50. I went with a 20" barrel in order to get the sight radius for a set of Ultradyne irons, necessitating QD scope mounts.

Attachments

• Venom 3-15-Ultradyne.jpg
    Venom 3-15-Ultradyne.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: JDB55