• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Optic help for XDM Elite osp

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Straying a bit from my CZ collection and picking up a xdm elite tomorrow that I want to have as a do it all type handgun.
    Form 1 can will come hopefully next month.

But for shtf/range/match pistol, what optics do I need to be looking at? I want reliability. I started out on the SRO, but its ease of being broke is a turn off, but the large window is a plus.

Should I just stick to a RMR?

Pretty much pick the trijicon rmr. The new aimpoint acro 2 looks promising as well but I don't think available yet

The holosun 507c is also a viable option if you don't mind it is made in china. They also have a closed emitter option the 509 I believe and some with titanium housing

Check out some videos from Aaron Cowan at Sage Dynamics on YouTube. He has tested most and has only rated the Trijicon rmr, acro, and holosun for "duty use"

The downside to the current acro is battery life. Swampfox Justice also tested pretty well but wasn't rated for duty

RMR... and a donation to the fundraiser will put you right with Karma so everything works out with your paperwork for ATF
    @1J04 can also perform vudoo ceremonies if needed

After 2 sketchy RMRs and a paperweight of an SRS, I'm not 100% a Trijicon fan...
    Holosuns- 1 507 failure ( not complete failure- the button to switch reticles didn't work ), and they sent a newer one back within a week- other 2 507s and 510's have worked well this past 2 years...

I've had good reliability with both the RMR and Holosun 507 and would run either. I don't want to rain on your new purchase, but in my experience, I would choose one of your CZs over the XDM for SHTF.

You will want to decide specifically the role the gun will fill to get deeper into which optic is best. Any shtf optic can be used in a comp but some of the best comp optics may not be best for a combat/hard use weapon

I've had good reliability with both the RMR and Holosun 507 and would run either. I don't want to rain on your new purchase, but in my experience, I would choose one of your CZs over the XDM for SHTF.

You will want to decide specifically the role the gun will fill to get deeper into which optic is best. Any shtf optic can be used in a comp but some of the best comp optics may not be best for a combat/hard use weapon
    Has springfields quality declined?
    My cz’s have been 100% as any other pistols I’ve had with the exception of the sp01 and shadow2 having a short ass throat and needing hand loads to be loaded super short I order to function.
    Had a few times they failed to go into battery and got locked up when a bullet that will chamber in a xd, Glock or p07/p10 hit the lands and needed the slide slammed into battery

Any handgun will need maintenance if shot enough. IE, my sp01 firing pin retainer roll pin disintegrated at around 30k rounds and rendered it dead until I pulled it and I've broken one slide release on it around that same time. But I have seen more reliability issues and breakages with parts on stock XDs than all other stock striker fired handguns combined. Including grip safety failures, low round count striker and retaining pin failure and the magazine baseplates used to be junk/crack. I have seen too many issues to take them over a similar Glock when there is no perceived benefit to the XD.

YMMV things change, the internet likes to not let the past go, but thats what I have seen and experienced shooting with them

Owned an XD 45 Match, carried it for a few years. ZERO issues. Did I shoot 10,000 rounds through it, no. I shot it when I went to the range. Looking to purchase another XD. And will carry it.

Carry what you want.