• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optic Planet

308skinner

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 23, 2006
    Indiana
    Avoid them! I ordered a scope and rings off them. I kinda needed it fast so i did 2 day shippin. Well ordered it saturday figured it be out monday or tuesday. Nope i email them no reply. Finally got them on the phone. Its wensday and they said it should go out Thursday. So kinda pointless of doing the 2 day shippin when i need it this weekend.

Agreed. If they cannot process the order on the same day it is ordered, or the next day if after hours, then they have no business offering any expedited shipping options.

Don't ever order a firearm from buds gunshop then.... I ordered on the 2nd and it took 11 days to ship.

I have won Optics planets auctions on eBay and they shipped the next day. I did place a order from them on Monday and I received half my order today and it looks like they split the order because the other package will be here on Monday.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I ordered from them in the past and cancelled the order due to the delay. Never again!

The first and last time I ordered something from them, it was a duty belt. They mislabeled it and sent me one that was too small. They refused to respond to my emails and after two days of trying I got someone on the phone. I explained that the tag on the belt and their tag didn't match and that I wanted to exchange it. She told me that I (on my dime) can send it back and they might exchange it. I would also have to pay the return shipping of either the old one or the new one if they did exchange it. The salt in the wound, it would take two to three weeks to get a decision on whether they would or not. The worst part was it was their fault. They are now my permanent banned list. Needless to say, I feel your pain.

If i dont get an email by monday im cancelin the order and give them my feelings on their CS and company.

Yeah, kind of like not offering current inventory status, so I place my order, wait a week, check my status a week later and it says pending, you then call and ask what the hold up is and they tell you the rings will be here in a few weeks. Wouldn't it just be easier to post active live inventory status, or at the least call somebody and let them know they are gonna have a wait.

Vendor here and its 4 letters, figure it out.

I know SWFA. But they also charge me twice. Happened last two times. They say my address didnt match mailing address. Which it did but three days later i get one charge off. My first time they charged it three time before they called. But yes Swfa or Midway for now on.

CALL AND CHECK IF THE PRODUCT IS IN STOCK.

I've ordered from them about a dozen times, always with standard shipping, always have product within three days (Order Monday, receive Thursday or Wednesday).

CALL AND CHECK IF THE PRODUCT IS IN STOCK.

I've ordered from them about a dozen times, always with standard shipping, always have product within three days (Order Monday, receive Thursday or Wednesday).

Bullshit, in this day and age LIVE inventory should be the norm. It is not that hard and good for inventory control. receive 10 of something put 10 in stock and let the computer take over, sale 5 and get a notice that your are getting low and should reorder. Sale 5 more and (without new shipment) you are officially OUT OF STOCK. If that happens and you lose sales because of it then guess what tough shit, because you can't control your inventory doesn't mean you shit on the customer.

Sportoptics.com and milehighshooting.com, both hide supporters, good prices, hide discounts and no bullshit! Sorry to hear about your dealings with OP, never used them because of the two I listed.

I had the same problem with optics planet. Ordered a vortex pst 6-24x 50mm, night force one piece rings for my rem 700. Had it shipped 2 day. Ordered it on a Saturday, we'll Thursday came around and still no word or tracking email. Called them Friday and canceled my order and gave them a mouthful. They lost my business. Ordered from SWFA and got my scope by the next Tuesday! SWFA is great to deal with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did call and all of it was in stock. They said they are behind on shippin stuff out(well thats no shit). Saturday i looked and it finally shipped and i was given back shippin cost.

Bullshit, in this day and age LIVE inventory should be the norm. It is not that hard and good for inventory control. receive 10 of something put 10 in stock and let the computer take over, sale 5 and get a notice that your are getting low and should reorder. Sale 5 more and (without new shipment) you are officially OUT OF STOCK. If that happens and you lose sales because of it then guess what tough shit, because you can't control your inventory doesn't mean you shit on the customer.

Yes it is bullshit, but that's the way it is whether you like it or not. Even the fabled SWFA does not have good inventory tracking and makes goofs all the time. "That's just the way it issssssssss"

Eurooptics all the way! I ordered a sole on Monday and it was here Thursday. Then I ordered some rings on Tuesday and they were here Friday. Btw, I didn't pay extra for it to get here in three days.

I made 2 orders from them recently. The first took two weeks to get to me and everything was in stock. The riflescope that was part of the order wasn't in stock, and I was told it would be in a week. I said no problem. 3 weeks later I cancelled the $950 riflescope.

The second order was for a cleaning kit and cleaning supplies and everything was in stock. They sent me a notification saying everything shipped. When the order arrived the cleaning kit was missing. When I called they said they didn't know why it wasn't included and confirmed again it was in stock. I asked for upgraded shipping because I was leaving town for a week and they told me it had to go through logistics and they would contact me ASAP. So I cancelled the order and requested a refund the next dday because they didn't get back to me. It's been a couple of days and still haven't recieved my refund. I hope it doesn't become too big of a hassle t get my money back.

Regardless, I'm no longer a optics planet customer. They Suck!

A good friend of mine has done some consulting with OP and the issue that they can't really resolve is that they don't actually stock a vast majority of the items. They are drop shipped from other distributors or from the mfg's themselves. That is why they have struggled with live inventory and delayed shipping which has in turn really soured the customer base. It was far worse two or three years ago but it's still far from ideal. They are however aware of the issue.

Never had a problem with the items I've ordered or returned. Have found others sites that were cheaper...