• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OpticsPlanet

Bought a bootleg bcg that was (at the time) hard to find and they had it for less than anyone else. I use a different ship address and that sometimes requires a phone call to clear up. OP wanted to charge my card a small amount, then have me call my cc co to find out the amount and use as a confirmation #. I told them I wasn't going to call my cc co to jump through their hoops and advised them to cancel. A day or two later and the ~$50 savings won out so I ordered again using my billing address for shipping. Item was shipped within a few days. I still think they're dicks though.

Optics planet sucks. For all the reasons stated above.

If you call other vendors you can get just as good of prices.

They take your money and sit on it. Either one of two things is happening. 1 they are stretched thin and use Bob's money to pay for and ship John's items from 5 months ago. Or 2 they sit on the money and invest/earn interest. That may sound crazy but I have seen it done. On @sirhrmechanic rmechanic purchase of $90 what would that have been $0.05 but it would not surprise me if they do $100,000 in business a day. If they can earn 2.5% on that it is $2500. If they can do that everyday that is an extra $912,500 each year.

They have no incentive to work fast. And they have trained some to except their poor CS/business practices.

When they first started they were awesome. But after a couple years, once they had customer base established, they started their current Bull Shit practices.

Last edited:
OP whiners unite!

128633,xcitefun-crying-babies.jpg

Reactions: MTRecon
Seems you are pissed that you are the ONLY fan BOY!!

If you have had acceptable (by your standards) dealings with Optics Planet then great.

As you can see by the comments you would be the exception. This doesn't make anyone a whiner. Some just have higher standards than you.

If you can accept being lied to each and every time then that is your choice. Time is money and is also the only thing that is irreplaceable. I actually know a person who died while waiting on a order. Passed away and 4 months later package arrived on his windows door step. Had it actually been "in stock" and shipped in a timely manner he would have been able to use and enjoy it before his untimely passing.

I have waited 2 years (twice) for NFA items but going in I knew it would be a long wait. When item is listed as "in stock" but doesn't ship for weeks or months then that was an obvious lie. People are not whining, they are stating their experience.

The only real person who is being a bitch is you. For some reason you feel the need to discount the majority of the experiences listed here.............

.........Just like a Fan BOY would.

Damn, how the fuck did I miss this one?...

A few years ago I ordered a pair of cheap binoculars on Optics Planet just so I can see how my shots are flying with different loads I am using in my revolvers. Heavy charges sometimes cause rounds to fly in erratic patterns past a certain range and the most accurate rounds sometimes require propellant charges so small as to make them useless when hunting anything bigger than a clay disc. I wanted to see what "sweet spots" are with each pistol when it came to handloads.

Anyways, paid with a CC on an item that was clearly in stock. Two whole months passed, nothing. Meanwhile on my monthly CC statement it shows they already processed the funds.
smiley_freak.gif
Whatever, gave them a call and they said something something about being "so busy" and that my item will ship immediately "that afternoon". Huh? So if I didn't call you are not going to ship it?

Three weeks pass. Still nothing. Called again for status and tracking info. Once again they told me that due to short staff they "have not shipped my order out yet and will do so this afternoon"... LOLWUT???
smiley_freak.gif

At this point I started becoming irritated and asked to have my order canceled and my money returned. At first the guy on the other end actually tried to convince me to keep the order going and they will "look into the delay". I am like nope, can I speak to a manager? After a 20 minute hold I finally got connected with one of their financial dept. guys and they told me I will get a check with my refund within a week or so. I replied "I hope it is not going to take until next year for it to arrive"... He said they were sorry about the whole thing and they will return my funds promptly.

About 2 weeks later I got the check with my returned funds. That was my first and only experience shopping at Optics Planet. I ended up going to B&H Photo and Video in midtown Manhattan and purchasing a slightly more expensive but higher quality pair of binoculars from them.

I would not recommend Optics Planet to anyone and I can see that many of the responses in this thread confirms my suspicions.

Reactions: Bender
I have bought from them in the past before I knew better. Most of the time these days I go to them looking to see if the item I want still even exists anymore (I was looking for a replacement flashlight holder for one I had that broke). They had the item showing out of stock for at least a month. Found enough information there to buy it elsewhere in stock.

I'm fascinated at all these horror stories. I've literally been buying stuff from them for years-about 50 purchases at price points from mlok rail sections up to an Elcan Specter DR I just bought a month ago and everything in between. Everything was shipped same day or next day.

I bought Leupold 5hd 3-15there a few years back and in the ad is stated it ships with a Leupold branded bench made knife. Mine didn't ship with the knife and 1 email later it was on its way.

I bought an ACOG about 5 years back-stated in ad it shipped with a Gerber multi-tool-kind of a cheapie. Anyway it wasn't sent with my order-1 email later it was on its way.

I'm in no way affiliated with them nor do I have any kind of interest in them other than even though I don't buy as much stuff I usually look there while I'm researching a purchase.

Reactions: Centuriator
I'm fascinated at all these horror stories. I've literally been buying stuff from them for years-about 50 purchases at price points from mlok rail sections up to an Elcan Specter DR I just bought a month ago and everything in between. Everything was shipped same day or next day.

I bought Leupold 5hd 3-15there a few years back and in the ad is stated it ships with a Leupold branded bench made knife. Mine didn't ship with the knife and 1 email later it was on its way.

I bought an ACOG about 5 years back-stated in ad it shipped with a Gerber multi-tool-kind of a cheapie. Anyway it wasn't sent with my order-1 email later it was on its way.

I'm in no way affiliated with them nor do I have any kind of interest in them other than even though I don't buy as much stuff I usually look there while I'm researching a purchase.
What ever you are doing keep it up. I shall not disparage you for your good luck. And should note that your post is how to respond to a thread with comments/ thoughts opposite of the main trend of the thread without being a dickhead. Talking to you @Centuriator

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
I've only had one experience with optics planet, and it was positive. I find it nearly inconceivable that @Centuriator can type with Optic Planet's giant corporate penis wagging in his face. I suspect voice to text would be garbled as well.

A shill calling out trolls...:cautious:

Dang, I'm found out! Yes, I actually own Optics Planet and spend most of my time pretending to be a satisfied customer on gun forums like this one! Rats.

Dang, I'm found out! Yes, I actually own Optics Planet and spend most of my time pretending to be a satisfied customer on gun forums like this one! Rats.

No, No, You're a Cuck that has been hiding behind multiple Screen Names and even went to the extreme and shut down your Oh So Awesome Youtube Channel since you've been exposed, AGAIN. If you didn't think you were THEE LAST WORD in just about every fucking thing, you'd still be just a fucking CUCK.

You're wunnuh them their GrandyMan kinda Boys who's just can't seem to know when you've had enough of your own damn self. But we do. It's actually getting pathetic and the fact you need to be told that is telling of it's self. Or yourself. I dunno anymore. You've had an adverse effect on the masses.

PS: Tried OpticPlanet like twice. Do not like their site AT ALL, but in all fairness only the second and last order was total BS and took for fucking ever. No Mo. ha ha

triggered?

We had Gman, now we Cman. Careful, hes a cqb room clearing real life John Rambo, total package and OAF.

• Wow
They don't allow that here. Anywho, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

No, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, but you seem to think you do, so ... carry on. Don't let me stop you. Get it all out. It's ok. Everyone needs to have a good rant/tantrum now and then.

I saw that thread in the PX section. That behavior had been immature and quite painful to witness on a community of serious shooters. Was that why he got zapped?
Not sure but I think it had to do with just giving bad advice. I was just called childish in another thread, hope that doesnt warrant a scratch!

Never had a problem with them personally, but I've heard enough to know to be wary, that it just probably hasn't happened to me. I typically only deal with them as a last resort though.

Optics planet is a last resort at best.

They show items in stock and ready to ship. You pay for them and waste 10 days waiting. Then you track your order and the projected ship date is 3 1/2 months away. That is why OP sucks. They are not going to give you a discount for coming to their rescue and sticking up for them so quit being a goddamn fan boy.

I’ve ordered from them a couple of times. Once the product showed in stock. After I ordered I kept looking for a shipping notification. Contacted them asking when it would ship and they told me it was out of stock and it would ship when they got them back in so I cancelled and ordered elsewhere. First time I ordered they took forever too which seems to be what I hear from friends who’ve used them so I avoid them now. Still haven’t unsubscribed from emails though so I still look through their sales 😐

After reading all the above, I looked up my account. I spent $2,935 with OP the first half of this year. Not an immense amount, but enough to be aquainted with their foibles. All bought prior to the Kung Flu, and never a problem. This was when a case of WW 9mm NATO in the ammo can was about half the price that it shows now. I bought triggers, a Sig LRF, Free Float Forend for my Valkyrie that is great. Bullets and 9mm ammo at good prices with discounts. Occasionally, delivery would take a week, but most items showed up packed well, in new condition, in three days. Unlike Midway, who sends me a few hundred loose .30 cal Scenars, OP did a great job packing heavy stuff. Then, Kung Flu shows up, and their world went to shit. Folks didn’t show up for their shift, they hired any old scumbag out of his momma’s basement, even if he was a meth head, and they lost every bit of goodwill that they had with me. I quit using their coupons, looking at their ads, and treated them like the politicians and the NFL Felon league, by putting them on ignore. Midway sent me gift certificates after my new Lapua bullets were dropped in several UPS stores, out of my box. All it took was a picture attached to a mild email complaint. I still buy from Midway. But, I still believe they use Chinese slave labor to pack their boxes 🥴
OP stepped on their dicks, their in-stock listings are mostly bogus, and if I order a Sig Romeo-1 metal shroud from Sig, I may spend another $2, but I get the part that week, not wait for three months for a supposedly in-stock item, only to be told it has been delayed due to the Kung Flu. I am a spoiled, and fickle buyer, sort of like Trumps “Great Guys” who threw him under the monster truck in Hillary’s driveway. Remember OP, the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT!

I finally got OP'd.

I'd had okay experience with 'em so far.

Then I ordered a barrel and two sling parts. Both said "in stock" and ready to ship. I ordered some other stuff at the same time. Brownell's stuff already came. Another is shipping. But OP, 7-9 weeks for the sling parts, Jan. 4 for the barrel! I cancelled the order and they were able to do that on the spot at least.

So you can pay them and wait extra to order it for you I guess, or find it now yourself.

I hate it when dealers do this shit.