• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon fires

Ha ha ha ha …..nope..just getting the facts straight....
I'd take offence at that but seeing you guy's don't know or ever had any conversations with me I let shit like that slide. Easy going...yeah been called that....and a hell of a lot worse in my youth. Age has mellowed me some. But don't think I put up with to much...Just like anyone else I'll protect myself and mine.
Speaking of letting it slide, sometimes a comment isn't worthy of a response, either it's from some communist Anitifa supporter being intentionally obtuse or from someone too stupid to deserve a response.

Such as your question on post #182. But I'm going to make an exception to help you get the 'facts straight.'

No where did it say the degenerate arsonist I was referring to as Antifa or BLM. Thats a given. They wouldn't be out there burning, rioting, attacking people, waving signs and yelling 'Black lives matter' in bullhorns if they weren't. No where on their signs will it say they are Antifa either. If you want to question that, next time your vehicle is surrounded by some mob, get out and ask them if they're Antifa. I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you and answer any further questions.

Btw, if the degenerate arsonist I was referring to in my previous comment wasn't affiliated with Antifa / BLM, I'm sorry.........not sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642 and jc2
Speaking of letting it slide, sometimes a comment isn't worthy of a response, either it's from some communist Anitifa supporter being intentionally obtuse or from someone too stupid to deserve a response.

Such as your question on post #182. But I'm going to make an exception to help you get the 'facts straight.'

No where did it say the degenerate arsonist I was referring to as Antifa or BLM. Thats a given. They wouldn't be out there burning, rioting, attacking people, waving signs and yelling 'Black lives matter' in bullhorns if they weren't. No where on their sign will it say they are Antifa either. If want to question that, next time you're time your vehicle is surrounded by some mob, get out and ask them if they're Antifa. I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you and answer any further questions.

Btw, if the degenerate arsonist I was referring to in my previous comment wasn't affiliated with Antifa / BLM, I'm sorry.........not sorry.
Thanks TexPatriot. I'm kinda old and not very up to date on things. Retirement and other issues have me at a disadvantage sometimes. I always thought BLM was too extreme...especially when they try and glorify people like Mike Brown...who I always thought was just a plain thug..stupid on top of it. I live just a few miles from Ferguson..and it sacred me enough to put on my pistol belt...in my own home...never done that before but I'll be damned if I let anything happen to my family.
Sorry I went off on a rant there...sometimes I get carried away. Just wanted you to know.

Thanks TexPatriot. I'm kinda old and not very up to date on things. Retirement and other issues have me at a disadvantage sometimes. I always thought BLM was too extreme...especially when they try and glorify people like Mike Brown...who I always thought was just a plain thug..stupid on top of it. I live just a few miles from Ferguson..and it sacred me enough to put on my pistol belt...in my own home...never done that before but I'll be damned if I let anything happen to my family.
Sorry I went off on a rant there...sometimes I get carried away. Just wanted you to know.
No worries. We might have to share Pmags someday.
*Not to be confused with pee pads.

• Haha
Reactions: jc2
Talent / Phoenix Oregon

Perspective on the Alameda fire:

@ 2,400 housing units lost
80% of the students in the Phoenix school district
50% of the students in the Talent school district

Most of the commercial spaces that were lost will never be rebuilt - why? B/c most were old properties that had cheap rents which made the economic model work. New construction and corresponding rents are not achievable in such a community; coupled with most properties are under insured. All translates to a community that probably takes a step back for the next 20 yrs.

Most of the mobile home parks had units that dated from the 1970s / 1980s - maybe those folks get an INS check for $10,000, maybe.

@ 30 minutes after the first fire started, FD responded to this car fire with a propane tank on top of the car. So the sequence of events (as understood thus far)

- ignition point along the greenway nearest Ashland - one party found dead near the point
- second ignition point nearest Talent @ 4 miles away (to the N), also along the greenway ( bike path) - one in custody for this
- car fire (potential 3rd ignition point) @ 5 miles (to the S) from the 1st point

That was what kicked off the day. From there the fires continued to 'pop up' all over the county. As of yesterday the Alameda fire was 100% contained but still burning. The Obenchain fire (NE part of the county) is 25% contained, primarily being fought without air b/c of the heavy smoke. The Slater / Devil's fire is 5x the size and is burning from Happy Camp CA across the state line to Obrien OR (Jo County).

We have a long way to go, rains can not get here soon enough.

Last edited:
Perspective on the Alameda fire:

@ 2,400 housing units lost
80% of the students in the Phoenix school district
50% of the students in the Talent school district

Most of the commercial spaces that were lost will never be rebuilt - why? B/c most were old properties that had cheap rents which made the economic model work. New construction and corresponding rents are not achievable in such a community; coupled with most properties are under insured. All translates to a community that probably takes a step back for the next 20 yrs.

Most of the mobile home parks had units that dated from the 1970s / 1980s - maybe those folks get an INS check for $10,000, maybe.

@ 30 minutes after the first fire started, FD responded to this car fire with a propane tank on top of the car. So the sequence of events (as understood thus far)

- ignition point along the greenway nearest Ashland - one party found dead near the point
- second ignition point nearest Talent @ 4 miles away, also along the green way ( bike path) - one in custody for this
- car fire (potential 3rd ignition point) @ 5 miles from the 1st point

That was what kicked off the day. From there the fires continued to 'pop up' all over the county. As of yesterday the Alameda fire was 100% contained but still burning. The Obenchain fire (NE part of the county) is 25% contained, primarily being fought without air b/c of the heavy smoke. The Slater / Devil's fire is 5x the size and is burning from Happy Camp CA across the state line to Obrien OR (Jo County).

We have a long way to go, rains can not get here soon enough.
Screenshot_20200916-110327_NOAA Weather Free.jpg

The fires crews on the Holiday Farm Fire don't want much rain. The severity of terrain combined with heavy equipment used for making fire breaks could become a quagmire.
I fear the potential of mud slides this winter is not good for travelers and residents.

I too have seen fires started by lightning, careless stupid campers, downed power lines, started by welding, coming from a trash burn or burning shit out of irrigation ditches that ALL got out of control and burned up things not intended to burn; they usually had a weather thing, like unexpected winds and/ or not being prepared well enough for containing their fires or something like that that got them going.
What puzzles me is how so many fires started in Oregon in such a short period of time?
Something had to be the source of ignition, what was it? So many so fast?
Damn sure a lot of fires that started really quick in a fairly localized area, miles apart, and are burning out of control.
The power line fires I have seen, when the lines went down the breakers shut down the line so I am not buying that they all were caused by power lines down.
But, there was some source of ignition wasn't there?
I took a firefighter class to become red card holder and do wildfires in Alaska.
We have been getting lightning strikes up here in ridiculously high numbers these last few years compared to the last 20.
Its completely possible that they were natural ignition sources.

I took a firefighter class to become red card holder and do wildfires in Alaska.
We have been getting lightning strikes up here in ridiculously high numbers these last few years compared to the last 20.
Its completely possible that they were natural ignition sources.

Yes, maybe in Alaska they are.

Not here.

Best of luck

The nws has a lightning strike sensor product maybe in thier radar. They can see location and time. To what degree of accuracy I'm not sure but if fires started without the sensors detecting it narrows the choices.

As far as arsonists, antifa, rioters and domestic terrorists are concerened I don't differentiate the details of animals that need shot.

I apologize to @jc2 for mistakenly accusing him of liberal tendencies.

Sneezing and coughing on a cracked or dammaged rib has me off, ok off more than normal, ok my normal.

Stabbing and burning pain, more than when I cracked one in a high speed waterskiing fall. Faster is not always better and 50 mph vests will break at higher speeds.

The nws has a lightning strike sensor product maybe in thier radar. They can see location and time. To what degree of accuracy I'm not sure but if fires started without the sensors detecting it narrows the choices.

As far as arsonists, antifa, rioters and domestic terrorists are concerened I don't differentiate the details of animals that need shot.

Sneezing and coughing on a cracked or dammaged rib has me off, ok off more than normal, ok my normal.

Stabbing and burning pain, more than when I cracked one in a high speed waterskiing fall. Faster is not always better and 50 mph vests will break at higher speeds.
It's ok...no sweat
Hope you get better soon!

Ya know...just sitting here thinking...and keep in mind it's been 44 years since I've had any experience with this But someone mentioned the fact there was no air. Need to think out of the box on that one....I had a few thoughts on it( being prior USAF) but after some deep thought and some careful consideration..not feasible..still if anyone has ideas now is the time to voice them to the authorities.

I've fallen off a jet ski wearing a vest going 50. Almost knocked me out. Vests don't go under water at that speed and it was like hitting concrete.

Reactions: Snuby642