• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon Sniper Challenge

Cascade Precision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
Klamath Falls, OR
Inside one week till the challenge. Who's going? Who's ready?

Me? Funny you should ask. My rifle has been complete for one week, never shot 800 yards with any regularity, and let's not discuss moving targets!

I have rough leads for walking (slow and fast), but no real way to judge speed.

Going to be a fun weekend and I am sure to be more educated by Sunday night. Look forward to seeing and meeting everyone.

Going but ready, that's another story! Prize table is looking sweet!!! This is going to be great.

More than ready
Shot it twice
Contributed prizes to the prize table last time...
Put a lot of $$ to the raffles both times...
No allowed to enter this year - like so many other non-leo shooters

Have fun

I'll be at the Crimson Trace Night 3-Gun Match

More than ready
Shot it twice
Contributed prizes to the prize table last time...
Put a lot of $$ to the raffles both times...
No allowed to enter this year - like so many other non-leo shooters

Have fun

I'll be at the Crimson Trace Night 3-Gun Match

I wasn't snipery enough to shoot it this year either :) Oh well.

So I have a question. Why, if this competition has been changed to allow only MIL/LEO, hasn't the name of the match been changed to indicate that? For instance, it could be called "The Oregon MIL/LEO Sniper Challenge" or some such. This would let the people that have shot it in the past that it's a different match and that they shouldn't bother looking into it or trying to register, etc.

I don't intend to ruffle feathers. I'm genuinely curious why the name wasn't changed when the requirements of the match changed.

Good luck to Grahem (Irishshooter) and the Irish team .Disappointed I couldnt make it .Thanks again to Steve for contacting me with the invite.hope ye have a great match.

Rifle zeroed: Check
Dope to 800 yards: Check
Cold bore at 800 yards verification: Check
Nervous: Check, double check

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow night. I am hitting the road in 15 minutes with my trusty co-pilot/beautiful wife for a weekend of ringing steel and whatever other targets are available. (Still have no idea what we are shooting at besides steel and paper...)

As for distances, I am told to prepare for 10 yards to 800 yards. Going to be difficult for sure, but likely one of the funnest matches I have shot to date.

Oregon Sniper Challenge. It's for LEO only. That sucks. They probably need the practice. How come civilians can't shoot it?

TNVC and crew will be there (actually there already), for a one of kind NV shoot along with some impressive give-aways to our Brothers in arms!

Vic

My first year shooting it...can't wait! Look forward to meeting a lot of members from the hide and others in the profession.

Shot it the last two times, wasn't allowed/invited this time so oh well. Didn't really want to travel anyways I guess, all 20 minutes from my house to the range. Would have been fun to shoot with my AR, I am pretty sure would have been laughed at but I bet would have still done decent. Since my bolt gun isn't one of the two allowed calibers and all....

I'm still gonna get my trigger time in this weekend hunting coyotes on my property with the green glow goodness.

I get in at 4PM tomorrow so I can be around for the demo day...

So my son and I go, Friday and Sunday, and after we are leaving he said hey dad that guy, was Lowlight :confused:, I told him why did we not inter duce our self L0L darn kid's. Oh we did get to shoot some fine fire arms what a blast :cool:

Congrats to Wardy of team Ireland taking first place on the 800yard coldbore shot

If I think who it is Michael he is a nice, guy I chatted with him before the moving target challenge, come to think of it all the people I met where great, I hope to see them again next year

If I think who it is Michael he is a nice, guy I chatted with him before the moving target challenge, come to think of it all the people I met where great, I hope to see them again next year

Thats him, great to see the lads did well , and sorry I couldnt make it with them

are there results posted anywhere?

Not sure of full scores but I can say congrats to my Team mates Caylen Wojcik for taking 1st place and Tony Gimmellie for his 4th and Frank Galli for his 7th place finish. Great job guys. Unfortunately I couldn't make the trip.

are there results posted anywhere?

Not sure of full scores but I can say congrats to my Team mates Caylen Wojcik for taking 1st place and Tony Gimmellie for his 4th and Frank Galli for his 7th place finish. Great job guys. Unfortunately I couldn't make the trip.

Kept my head on tight a good bit of the time and came in 17 of 50 :) , a very good standing as cleaned a couple of tough stages. It was my pleasure to shoot next to these Military & LE guys, every time i can get a foot in the door and understand the amazing job they do every day gain my respect & understanding. Thank you Steve & gang for putting on another great event. Many thanks to the sponsors and demos, the nighvision/thermal demo was amazing.

Last edited:
What a fantastic match!

We Oregonians need to get more long range matches put together so we can get together more often.

Lowlight is one cool cat. I noticed he had a range estimation patch on his jacket, and he pulled it off and gave it to me on the spot.

Pleasure meeting everyone. Look forward to doing with everyone again!

What a fantastic match!

We Oregonians need to get more long range matches put together so we can get together more often.

Lowlight is one cool cat. I noticed he had a range estimation patch on his jacket, and he pulled it off and gave it to me on the spot.

Pleasure meeting everyone. Look forward to doing with everyone again!

Great idea! I'm looking for a place to run a PR match. If you know someone that owns a ranch in your area and is gun friendly let me know.

Was going, car took a dump and had to bail, now I'm really sad.. But glad everyone had fun hope to go next year.

agreed not enough long range matches here and I want to get into long range competition yet not many in oregon, it was a nice match I spectated and still had a good time on the sponsor day. Got to shoot a ashbury rifle, ai ae mk3, and the nemo arms watchman.

Congrats to Wardy of team Ireland taking first place on the 800yard coldbore shot

We were very happy to sponsor the Kinetic Ops 800 Yard Cold Bore Challenge with a cash prize of $500. This was the very first shot of the second day and Michael really brought is A-game as he shot the lower left-hand leg of the X of the silhouette target. Second best shot was in the 10 ring but when someone shoots the X out, that's tough to beat. Congratulations to Michael and the rest of the Irish crew.

We worked with Steve to come up with an exacting shot while trying to induce stress (800 yds, first shot of day, and using day old + dope) to challenge the competitors as we knew the skill level of everyone involved. Looks like we will have to come up with a tougher target in 2015. Great job by all the shooters this year.

Ronald C. Evenson, CEO
Kinetic Ops, Inc.

wait who one first? I had to leave early unfortunately, and I missed the raffle so don't think I won anything. I also talked to the Irish crew and they were nice and seems like they might be a good team

Caylen was first, with regards to long range matches we have quite a few in Washington, check out SHWW and Puget sound area shooters. The summer is kinda quiet because of fire danger, then hunting season, hopefully the next one will be in November. We have quite a few Oregon folk come up.

Last edited:
TNVC had a great time at the Oregon Sniper Challenge and is already signed up to be there in 2015 (it's held every other year). We are going to be working on integrating a night shoot into the event. This year we did a live fire demo and were backed up by our buds at B.E. Meyers. Lot's of smiling faces that night from folks who had never had a chance to use clip-on sights, goggles, thermal, lasers, etc. Then of course, there were the guys whose agencies are still using old gear. They got a chance to check out the latest and greatest and are headed back to their agencies with a push to get some new stuff.

The competition went great. Hats off to Steve and Cold Bore Shooters for doing an amazing job with the event. I have rarely seen competitions go this smooth (especially at a range where the staff is twitchy - they are not used to professional gunfighters who know how to be safe).

We got there and set up for Vendor Day on the 16th. Mike and I were right next to our friends at B.E. Meyers, Tactical Tailor, and OSS.
P8160002_zpsfe52e1f4.jpg

The competitors did a great job and we saw some incredible shooting.
P8170006_zpsdf4d6a58.jpg

We got to hang out with Frank a bit. Here's the man himself showing off one of our patches
P8170003_zps1a8c25e2.jpg

Pastor Jake Vibbert took 2nd place, beating out heavy hitters from U.S. Army Special Forces, USMC, Secret Service, and assorted U.S. and Canadian Law Enforcement agencies. Jake walked away with a brand new TNV/PVS-14 Night Vision Goggle
P8180040_zps85466347.jpg

Hi lads I was one of the irish guys at the comp !it was great to meet you all and it was a great comp and thank god I didn't come last !!! Roll on the next one !!!

Ya its a great spot,made contact with Graham through here originally.Graham rang me yest said ye had a fantastic time over there.so sorry I had to pull out.

Great match, extremely well run by Steve and the crew. Lots of camaraderie, little to no gaming and lots of advice freely being shared. Which is nice to see given the size of the prize tables. Will be back for sure.

What a wonderful time with a solid group of shooters and vendors! Top-notch people that made me proud to be a part of the shooting profession. Steve, his wife, and the staff were solid. I was humbled by most of the equipment, friendly advice, and non-competitive atmosphere with all. Met a dozen or so SH members and a few old sniper classmates. I thought the events were evenly fair for all and was shocked at my ranking at the end of the shoot. Hope to be invited back in two years. Grant

Last edited:
A huge thanks goes out to all of our sponsors whose generosity was solely responsible for making our prize table worth over $110K. Please check our website for a list of our 2013 sponsors and contact them when making your next purchase. We would not have an event if it wasn't for all of their support and simply put "Our Sponsors are the Best"!!! We would also like to thank all of our shooters who's professionalism was displayed throught the entire competition and made it an absolute pleasure for me to run the line for you. Please keep checking our website as we will be getting/posting hundreds of pics in the near future from out photographer (Terry) who was present at the match. We will also be adding a page to our website that will reflect the gear (agency, rifle, optics, ammo, bipods, etc.) that you guys are using to perform you jobs. Thanks again for competing and thanks for "answering the call".

Steve

Man what a great time! Thanks again Steve for putting on a awesome match, this being my first match ever you've set the bar high. Had a great time seeing some truly amazing shooters and making new friends from all over, plus it was crazy because I swear it seemed like every time I turned around I was running into somebody I crossed paths with years before. Also had the honor of throwing back some beers with Ed and Chuck down at the VFW and I have to say I was pretty much beside my self most of the night. Overall it was a great time, got a whole lot of lessons learned from the LE side of the house and hopefully we'll be able to share more in the future. - Rudy

Thanks to Steve & Staff for putting on a fun match.

I am still traveling since last week, and will finally get home this week. But special thanks to Surefire for the great flashlight, as well as all the sponsors in attendance.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and shooting alongside some great guys. After I blew that KYL i have no clue how i managed a Top 10, that was a huge point loss. Congratulations to Caylen and to Team Blaster NOMAD for awesome finishes.

Steve did a great job with the prize table and for bringing the sponsors out to show off all their stuff.

None of us past shooters who are average Joe citizen got an invite.

Steve you need to change the name of the match to:
Sumpter Steve's MIL/LEO/Corrections Officer/Sponsors/.308-.223 Invite Only Oregon Snipers Challenge

Anyway, congratulations to all the competitors!

No reason to change the name of our event as we do not advertise it on forums or hold open registrations any longer. Registration is by invitation or letters of interest which are submitted by our competitors who are then hand selected based on their qualifications or the agency they represent. Feel free to run you competition as you wish.

None of us past shooters who are average Joe citizen got an invite.

Steve you need to change the name of the match to:
Sumpter Steve's MIL/LEO/Corrections Officer/Sponsors/.308-.223 Invite Only Oregon Snipers Challenge

Anyway, congratulations to all the competitors!

I don't know you from Adam so take this with a grain of salt:

1. "Passive aggressive behavior got me where I am today" said nobody, ever. Being passive aggressive in the worst caste makes you look like bitch, best case you'll get your point across but nobody will respect you after the fact. Ask me how I know this, I've been in your shoes and trust me you're regret behaving like a sandy cunt, it doesn't do anything for anybody. This brings me to my second point.

2. If you had gone, what would you have brought to the table? Almost everyone I meet had something to share with the LEO/Mil community. Either new product, L2, future training opportunity, ect. I can't speak for Steve but I believe that was one of the main points of the Comp this year. Getting guys from different corners of the sniper community to gather around and talk shop was great. So maybe you did have something to share and got over looked, sorry, I'm not sure what happened if thats the case but now you've managed to attach this behaviorism to you reputation which I doubt will be of any add getting your foot in the door next time.

You are seeing a lot of people frustrated with the "Oregon Sinper Challengen" due to the support of locals and civilians over the last several years to make it what it is today. As mentioned above people in the past that help with the spectacular prize table and spreading the word of the match. Back when the first year had what about 15 people.

The local community feels they have been spat upon and the door slammed in their face. You are no longer needed only the cool kids with the member jackets are welcome.

Sorry if we take that with a grain of salt. And the whole attitude of this is the best group of shooters, I do not buy it. I see one of the Civilian riff raf placed second. Jake is one if not the best shooter in the Northwest for sure!

If its going to be Leo/Milt or sponsors that donate a bunch of gear, maybe it should be taken out of the compitition section and moved to the Leo/mil section of the website.

Just my opinion but it has not gone over well for those that have been there from the start.

Seeing how its all Steve's effort, and the fact he works in LE it seems logical he moved towards that direction.

Its not a private range I think anyone can take the steps to put on their own match. So if you want one, instead of complaining I would do something about it. Host your own.

Still at the same time, if I was Steve and decided to host an open match, I would personally black ball the guys who chose to attack his decision in public. It's easy to fill a match, so why fill it with cry babies who only care about themselves. Start a list and add names.

Willys46
Mac37

PNG from future Coldbore Comps,