• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ORIGIN Orders

With a tt diamond in the origin and a b&a tacsport in the tenacity. It is starting to feel better now that i have worked it more, but tenacity is still taking less effort

Is anyone running or planning to run their Origin with a BDL magazine and 6.5 PRC or similar? Just wondering if I should expect any feeding issues from the standard cut Remington feed rails.

ETA:
Also, does anyone have pictures of the bottom of the action? I'm wondering if it could be modified to run with a Wyatt's extended bdl magazine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buck300
Questions for @Big Horn / ZAI Team

The Mechanical ejector, how robust is it? In the TL3 any issues with it breaking, or service span?
Can the Bolt head gas block be put on the wrong way? I see both sides are cut for the Mechanical Ejector, but does it matter if you flipped it when putting bolt back on.

Thanks for building an awesome product.

Took out my Origin this morning, these were shots 10, 11, and 12 out of the rifle after sight in. I love this thing. Factory 6mm Creedmoor, 108 ELD Match ammo.

Attachments

• IMG_20180909_134125.jpg
    IMG_20180909_134125.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20180906_193845.jpg
    IMG_20180906_193845.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 216
Is anyone running or planning to run their Origin with a BDL magazine and 6.5 PRC or similar? Just wondering if I should expect any feeding issues from the standard cut Remington feed rails.

ETA:
Also, does anyone have pictures of the bottom of the action? I'm wondering if it could be modified to run with a Wyatt's extended bdl magazine.

Haven’t seen my action in person but my smith says it looks like it will be fine to modify...plan to run as a 6.5prc and I have both the Wyatt’s extended bdl boxes ready to try on mine...center and stagger feed...prolly won’t be a couple of weeks before I have time to go mess with it tho

Dzeke, did you chrony any of those factory 108's?

If so, how fast?

Took out my Origin this morning, these were shots 10, 11, and 12 out of the rifle after sight in. I love this thing. Factory 6mm Creedmoor, 108 ELD Match ammo.
What barrel are you using? Great looking rifle.

Questions for @Big Horn / ZAI Team

The Mechanical ejector, how robust is it? In the TL3 any issues with it breaking, or service span?
Can the Bolt head gas block be put on the wrong way? I see both sides are cut for the Mechanical Ejector, but does it matter if you flipped it when putting bolt back on.

Thanks for building an awesome product.
The ejector is one of the strongest features in our action. Accompanied with our bolt stop, there should never be excess force applied to the ejector other than the brass. To my knowledge, we've never had one fail in use.

The gas block is NOT reversible. One side has a radius on the internal diameter that goes around the bolt head and one does not. The bolt head has the opposite radius on it's outside diameter. If it's installed incorrectly, you would have to force the bolt head to line up with the cross pin.

Assembly order:

Bolt Head
Gas Block - ID radius down
Wavy Washer - Tips of the "u" shape pointing up towards bolt body

If you need any more clarification, give us a call and we may be able to talk you through it easier.

Thanks - Ray

Reactions: Dooby
I'm still waiting on my origin, order 246x. I also ordered a Patriot Valley prefit barrel for it at the same time and have not received it yet. Anyone else still waiting on a barrel? I ordered it in April.

I'm still waiting on my origin, order 246x. I also ordered a Patriot Valley prefit barrel for it at the same time and have not received it yet. Anyone else still waiting on a barrel? I ordered it in April.

Yes on both accounts. Order 245x ordered in February. PVA bbl been on order since June.

Man I ordered my barrel 2 months ago from pva. I was told by Josh that the 6.5 creedmoor barrels were readily available and should ship out in a week. What were you guys quoted for lead times?

Just to follow up on my previous statements about the Tenacity vs the Origin. I don't have my barrel yet, so have been driving my wife crazy sitting in the living room running the bolt. It is at least as smooth and easy to operate as the Tenacity now. Went ahead and put down a deposit on another one (sure it will be quite a while but figured after I finish doing a bunch of builds this winter it will give me something to do in the spring).

The tenacity had issues with the TT Diamond and "slam firing". I quote because it would drop the firing pin when not running very hard. I can get the origin to slam fire, but it takes a whole lot of force and a fast stroke to do so. Anywho, really liking it. Can't wait to get it together and start putting some rounds through it.

Tenacity is still a nice action, but think the origin might be becoming my favorite of the two. Have 2 nucleus'es that are supposed to ship today or tomorrow, no notification yet, so hoping at least some time this week. So will throw them into the mix and see how they all compare together. Now to find a long action kelbly atlas tactical in stock somewhere.

Just to follow up on my previous statements about the Tenacity vs the Origin. I don't have my barrel yet, so have been driving my wife crazy sitting in the living room running the bolt. It is at least as smooth and easy to operate as the Tenacity now. Went ahead and put down a deposit on another one (sure it will be quite a while but figured after I finish doing a bunch of builds this winter it will give me something to do in the spring).

The tenacity had issues with the TT Diamond and "slam firing". I quote because it would drop the firing pin when not running very hard. I can get the origin to slam fire, but it takes a whole lot of force and a fast stroke to do so. Anywho, really liking it. Can't wait to get it together and start putting some rounds through it.

Tenacity is still a nice action, but think the origin might be becoming my favorite of the two. Have 2 nucleus'es that are supposed to ship today or tomorrow, no notification yet, so hoping at least some time this week. So will throw them into the mix and see how they all compare together. Now to find a long action kelbly atlas tactical in stock somewhere.
You should be concerned if the firing pin is falling when you close the bolt. I'd check the trigger and make sure everything is still in place

PVA wait....
I ordered 2 identical barrels in February. They are not here yet. It's frustrating. After my questioning the delay and missed quoted deliveries Jeremy shipped one of the barrels. But said the 2nd one would be delayed AND marked differently. 1st engraved, 2nd lasered.
I declined this because I ordered 2 indentical...
Jeremy did issue a return label. Now I am waiting.
It's frustrating especially when you get emails about barrel sales and other projects. 6 months for a barrel.... DAMN.

I hope the barrels are worth it. Because it SUCKS having EVERYTHING ELSE SITTING HERE.

Hopefully they figure it out. Or, WE the consumers will figure it out for them.

Yeah, kinda annoying to be waiting weeks past your quoted lead time on a bbl and get emails offering discounts on new bbls.

Got an email from them last week saying they crashed their .260 reamer and would be a few months before a new one was available. This is at 10 weeks. Was quoted 6-8. Asked for an alternate caliber to be chambered which they said they could do but was not given an updated ETA after asking for one. I hope it’s at least a shorter lead than waiting on a new reamer...

You haven't got your Feb order from PVA? Shit, I didn't order until the end of July.. I'm still waiting on the suppressor, so I guess it really doesn't matter, but still.

The good news is I just made final payment on my Origin and I received the scope and mount yesterday.

You haven't got your Feb order from PVA? Shit, I didn't order until the end of July.. I'm still waiting on the suppressor, so I guess it really doesn't matter, but still.

The good news is I just made final payment on my Origin and I received the scope and mount yesterday.
No I ordered action in February, bbl from pva 11 weeks ago.

PVA wait....
I ordered 2 identical barrels in February. They are not here yet. It's frustrating. After my questioning the delay and missed quoted deliveries Jeremy shipped one of the barrels. But said the 2nd one would be delayed AND marked differently. 1st engraved, 2nd lasered.
I declined this because I ordered 2 indentical...
Jeremy did issue a return label. Now I am waiting.
It's frustrating especially when you get emails about barrel sales and other projects. 6 months for a barrel.... DAMN.

I hope the barrels are worth it. Because it SUCKS having EVERYTHING ELSE SITTING HERE.

Hopefully they figure it out. Or, WE the consumers will figure it out for them.
wow that is not confidence inspiring. I'm not too worried right now since I don't have my action yet. I will be pissed though once my action comes and they tell me it's months until my barrel is ready.

Reactions: ZEROGUY
Well I got lucky and never had to wait, another member did it for me and decided he didn’t want it. Kind of bad ass to have SN 00004. Waiting for my vise, wrench, gauges to come tomorrow to install barrel. He ordered in january and received 8/15

Timney CE 2 stage
KRG bravo
PVA 26” 6.5c

Attachments

• 1A6FAA41-0E47-420F-A0D5-08881CB39A33.jpeg
    1A6FAA41-0E47-420F-A0D5-08881CB39A33.jpeg
    698.9 KB · Views: 159
  • BC97B331-C57F-4D1B-9749-27B852FAE7BF.jpeg
    BC97B331-C57F-4D1B-9749-27B852FAE7BF.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 158
Yeah, kinda annoying to be waiting weeks past your quoted lead time on a bbl and get emails offering discounts on new bbls.

Got an email from them last week saying they crashed their .260 reamer and would be a few months before a new one was available. This is at 10 weeks. Was quoted 6-8. Asked for an alternate caliber to be chambered which they said they could do but was not given an updated ETA after asking for one. I hope it’s at least a shorter lead than waiting on a new reamer...

From the experience I had with them 3-4x the quoted lead time is probably more accurate. I was around 18 weeks to have a barrel spun on and another 12 to get a replacement for that barrel due to a not so great chamber job.

My experience with PVA has been excellent work at a fair price. Josh and Jeremy are both working a lot of hours to get products out the door we should cut them some slack for the lead times. If you want barrels quickly a savage small shank with a barrel nut is the way to go.

From the experience I had with them 3-4x the quoted lead time is probably more accurate. I was around 18 weeks to have a barrel spun on and another 12 to get a replacement for that barrel due to a not so great chamber job.

Disappointing to hear, how did you know the chamber was bad?

Right now I'm just anxious to get my barrel in time for my action, I hoped ordering 2 months ahead would give them enough time. I'll start pinging them when my action is finally ready, but I don't have an ETA for that either. My invoice had the 8/15 ship date, wonder what the hold up is.

Last edited:

Right now I'm just anxious to get my barrel in time for my action, I hoped ordering 2 months ahead would give them enough time. I'll start pinging them when my action is finally ready, but I don't have an ETA for that either. My invoice had the 8/15 ship date, wonder what the hold up is.

Everyone that ordered before June, roughly order number 2560, got a "ship date" of 8/15. We stated ahead of the first actions shipping that 8/15 was the projected date to start shipping all orders. We did start shipping that day and have been steadily pumping actions out every day. There hasn't been any delays along the way to get them out the door since we started shipping them. Currently, there are two double batches of receivers out for nitride due back next week and the following. We're going about as fast as we can with assembly, final payment, and shipping.

Since your ahead of that number, yours will fall somewhere in the two double batches out for processing right now. We know waiting sucks, but it's worth it in the end. We're sure of that much.

Thank you - Ray

Everyone that ordered before June, roughly order number 2560, got a "ship date" of 8/15. We stated ahead of the first actions shipping that 8/15 was the projected date to start shipping all orders. We did start shipping that day and have been steadily pumping actions out every day. There hasn't been any delays along the way to get them out the door since we started shipping them. Currently, there are two double batches of receivers out for nitride due back next week and the following. We're going about as fast as we can with assembly, final payment, and shipping.

Since your ahead of that number, yours will fall somewhere in the two double batches out for processing right now. We know waiting sucks, but it's worth it in the end. We're sure of that much.

Thank you - Ray
I really appriciate the updates, Ray. You guys are doing a great job of keeping us informed and it means a lot to me, and I'm sure others too.

Brass was deforming from tool marks.

What was your order # for your origin?

Last edited:
I think Greg @ SPR pumps out pre-fits in a reasonable time as well.

I forgot about Keystone Accuracy so I emailed them and got a response back in less than 30min. Lead times are around 2 weeks or so for pre-fits ( I asked about shouldered) Also comes out cheaper than a savage pre-fit without the need for gauges, nut and wrench.

Looks like I'll be sending in the first Origin too so hopefully he'll be able to pump out shouldered pre-fits for them soon.

Last edited:
Keystone Accuracy appears to be someone pumping out shouldered prefits quickly.

Here's a question for the group. What's the point of a prefit iv it takes 6 to 8 months to get it and your action is sitting in the safe without a barrel. Wouldn't you be better off just sending your action to a Smith that does a good job chambering a barrel and does it in under 4 - 6 weeks.?
I had asked about keystone barrels then got a pm from josh saying he’s cutting 6.5 barrels and they’re readily available and should ship fast. Hearing that I decided to order from him. Had I known that people have been waiting 6 months and still nothing I wouldn’t have put an order in with pva. Not hitting the panic button yet, but pva has my money already and I’d hate to have to dispute it.

There is NO sense in that, waiting for 6 months, at all. I don't think anyone including them would have thought all of the issues would have surfaced to create such delays.

Hopefully it gets sorted.

Keystone does Green Mountain Barrels?

Do they cut a good chamber?

Anybody have a reamer list?

I got a 6.5CM Criterion prefit with Cerakote from Northland in about 2 weeks. They have certain lengths & contours in stock. Mine was a 26" Varmint.

Keystone does Green Mountain Barrels?

Do they cut a good chamber?

Anybody have a reamer list?

Yeah, green mountain and kreiger. Seems to have really good reviews on both.
I also believe there's been a few of the green mountain on here that have been shooters too.