• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ORIGIN Orders

Ray at bighorn has gone even further above and beyond for me this week! Couldn’t ask for anything better! AWESOME company

Their CS is amazing. After dealing with a 3 month Archimedes debacle I was cautious about buying another custom action. @Zermatt Arms answered every question I had before I bought my Origin.

After I got my Origin home I had .025" cock on close. I contacted them to buy the a cocking piece to correct it and they sent me one for free. That made a world of difference it how it felt now that the cock on close is zero. Then, after getting a recommendation from @Zermatt Arms, I got the low sear for my BnA trigger and now this thing is amazing.

I have not shot it yet but in the few hundred times I have ran the bolt it is getting even better.

Without a doubt you could not find a better company to deal with. They ALWAYS answer their phone, they ALWAYS respond to emails and they ALWAYS do what is right by their customer.

Yeah, Ray is a pretty decent guy along with the rest of the crew. Now we got to get Zermatt to offer prefit barrels for their actions and we'll be set. Kind of a one stop shopping scenario, what do you say Ray????;)(y);)(y);)(y)!

TM6
That would be great if they did!

Hey guys can I get some guidance on how to fix a cock on close? I had a gunsmith fix it for me, but would like to try it myself (got a new firing pin assembly).

Hey guys can I get some guidance on how to fix a cock on close? I had a gunsmith fix it for me, but would like to try it myself (got a new firing pin assembly).

You're going to be best off following the below advice. Measure the cock on close and let us know how much you have. We can get you the correct size cocking piece so everything matches up the best and you don't have to worry about changing the designed geometry.

Or you can call ray and tell him what trigger you have and he’ll set you up with a cocking piece designed for the TRigger. If you have a trigger tech it’s the u15. .015 shorter than the standard cocking piece

Or you can call ray and tell him what trigger you have and he’ll set you up with a cocking piece designed for the TRigger. If you have a trigger tech it’s the u15. .015 shorter than the standard cocking piece

I've got a trigger tech and I've taken off way more than .015 (about .065), my firing pin sits at about .085 but I still feel some cock on close if I run it slow. Is cock on close what I'm fealing or is there some kind of detent that needs to be overcome?

Last edited:
I've got a trigger tech and I've taken off way more than .015 (about .065), my firing pin sits at about .085 but I still feel some cock on close if I run it slow. Is cock on close what I'm fealing or is there some kind of detent that needs to be overcome?
When you close the bolt.. does the pin drop a little then recock?

You may still have a first revision bolt. There was a revision change very early in production and we've corrected most of them. If you could send me an email ([email protected]), I'll get it sorted out with you.

Thanks - Ray

Reactions: Jackomason
Rev1 Bolt on right.

Attachments

• 2BE060B2-02D2-4F52-B059-36B51EA1E4FA.jpeg
    2BE060B2-02D2-4F52-B059-36B51EA1E4FA.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 249
And just to be crystal clear, there is not a functionality problem with the Rev1 bolts. They work just fine, but they are much harder to time without taking out a bunch of firing pin travel. Also, the Rev2 bolts create a heavier bolt lift because the ramp angle is steeper.

Thank you - Ray

Which one is closer to the bolt lift of the TL3?

I've just put my build together with TriggerTech Special Limited Edition before Christmas on Origin Serial #200. I have .090" FP protrusion with bolt open and .115" closed, so .025" COC. Came with rev1 bolt and the std cocking piece. I've worked the bolt several hundred times, but still have the .025" COC. Emailed Ray, hopefully he can get me squared away too.

Take a look at post #1478 above with Dirtbiker250's photo, you should be able to see the difference between rev1 and rev2 by referencing the red arrows.

TM6

just checked the serial number and it’s 238 so I’m guess it’s the rev1. Which now knowing it’s takes fair bit of pin travel to time makes sense after the modified cocking piece didn’t completely get rid of the over cocking.

:pNah, there are a couple other earlier threads/posts mentioning a bolt update so you aren't the primary trouble maker.

TM6

Ray's been so nice and good about it all. It is disheartening when your factory guns feel so much smoother and you've already gone gang buster with a file lol.

It does make me feel better that they arent such a small buisness anymore so they can handle this kinda thing. At least that's how it appears.

Ray had contacted me shortly after my email to him and is taking care of me as I type this.

Thanks Ray and the Zermatt Team!

Will

What is the suggested cocking piece with a triggertech primary? It seems like I’m getting a lot of cock on close with my origin as well....

Edit: I see above which one is recommended now and will contact Zermatt to see about getting it

If you believe you have a Rev1 bolt and are having actual issues with the function of your action, send me an email with a picture of the bottom of your bolt body where the cocking piece is held in relation to the cocking ramp and I'll advise what to do.

If you're not unhappy or having problems with the action, please don't email just for the sake of having something updated. There is nothing functionally wrong with any of the bolts on the market.

Thank you - Ray

The Rev2 may make your problem worse if all you are concerned with is a smooth bolt, see post #1479 above. I take the risk of an even heavier bolt lift, but will have timing addressed for my chosen trigger, not Zermatt's chosen trigger. I had to send my entire bolt in for them to check out.

Either way, I'm very happy with my Origin and saving up for a LA build, you can bet it'll be on a Zermatt action.

TM6