• New Site Changes

View thread We just went through a pretty major site upgrade, so if you see any issues feel free to post them here

ORYX chassis

Doll_Girl999

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2020
I have a Remington .223 with 26" factory barrel[not threaded] in the cheap factory plastic stock.I want to put this in an oryx chassis,has anybody used this chassis and what did you thank of it.Most of my shooting is 300yd and under with some trips out to 500,600 & 700yds.

Thanks guys for any help/advice

Reactions: D. Miller

Lost_Phil

Works at a Unicorn Meat Packing Plant
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2020
    PA
    I have a Howa Mini Action in one and it is a good solid budget chassis. I bought mine when they just started making them and have not had an issue with it. It is a bit on the heavy side and MDT has been coming out with accessories for it, but it is still some what of a minimalist chassis in what you can add to it.

jcmullis2

Don’t run you’ll only die tired
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 12, 2020
    USA
    It’s an improvement over what you have but imo there’s too many better options available.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 26, 2019
    The Oryx is a great chassis for the money. Are there better? Sure for 2 or 3 times the price.
    Get it. You'll be happy.

loveha

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 31, 2018
    NW Lower Michigan
    For the money, nothing better in my opinion. Only gripe, no place for a QD sling mount up front.

_JT

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 13, 2020
    NC
    I'm looking to buy one of these for a HOWA 1500 Short Action but I'm having trouble finding one for a good deal. I see where some other people have posted buying these for as low as $299 but everything I'm finding is $399? How much are these really selling for?

Thanks,

CodeMonkey

Director of Sith Recruitment, Midsouth Region
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 24, 2019
    North Central Oklahoma
    I have a Savage in one and a Tikka T1x in one. Both rifles shoot much better in the Oryx than they did in the factory tupperware. It's a bit heavy (if that matters to you) and very rigid. The ergos really work for me, especially with a vertical grip (MDT adjustable or Anarchy Outdoors Tuxedo). I've got no complaints with mine.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 26, 2019
    My factory Savage went for shooting about 1.2 moa to .6 moa when I put it in an Oryx chasis.
    BTW, I've never seen them for $299. But I think they are a deal at $400.

Reactions: gchellin

Hawk in WY

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 20, 2013
    Jackson Hole, WY
    I will not name action, barrel, and stock, but all top of everyone's list here. 6.5 CM.

Barreled action group size cut in half going from a $1,200 stock/chassis to the Oryx.

Did not believe it myself so made the switch again with the same results.

Do not underestimate the Oryx.

After careful thought, I believe the straight back design of the Oryx aids in managing recoil.

Last edited:

spife7980

Luchador
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 10, 2017
    Central TX
    I will not name action, barrel, and stock, but all top of everyone's list here. 6.5 CM.

Barreled action group size cut in half going from a $1,200 stock/chassis to the Origin.

Did not believe it myself so made the switch again with the same results.

Do not underestimate the Origin.

After careful thought, I believe the straight back design of the Origin aids in managing recoil.
    You mean oryx?

Lost_Phil

Works at a Unicorn Meat Packing Plant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2020
    PA
    I'm looking to buy one of these for a HOWA 1500 Short Action but I'm having trouble finding one for a good deal. I see where some other people have posted buying these for as low as $299 but everything I'm finding is $399? How much are these really selling for?

Thanks,

Sign up on MDT's and Oryx's websites for sales on there items. They also have every now and then, blemish sales on there chassis. It's the best way to get good stuff cheap. ;)

Reactions: _JT

Loner84

Here to learn
    Minuteman
    May 20, 2019
    Idaho
    My factory Savage went for shooting about 1.2 moa to .6 moa when I put it in an Oryx chasis.
    BTW, I've never seen them for $299. But I think they are a deal at $400.
    Excellent info. I have a factory Savage and have been looking to throw it in the Oryx. Much appreciated!

Zuul

Green Banana Samoan
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 18, 2014
    Kona, Hawaii
    Excellent info. I have a factory Savage and have been looking to throw it in the Oryx. Much appreciated!

I have a Savage model 12 LVP that I mounted into an Oryx. Definitely a great bang for the buck, I was eyeing out a KRG Alpha 180 but I didn’t want to put a bunch of $ into the Savage. Glad I went with the Oryx, it’s rigid and I like the grip angle. No problems feeding from AICS mags, and it’s a hell of a lot better than the factory laminated wood stock. If you get the Oryx pick up an extra set of butt spacers, I ended up adding 2 spacers to get the LOP perfect for me.

Loner84

Here to learn
    Minuteman
    May 20, 2019
    Idaho
    I have a Savage model 12 LVP that I mounted into an Oryx. Definitely a great bang for the buck, I was eyeing out a KRG Alpha 180 but I didn’t want to put a bunch of $ into the Savage. Glad I went with the Oryx, it’s rigid and I like the grip angle. No problems feeding from AICS mags, and it’s a hell of a lot better than the factory laminated wood stock. If you get the Oryx pick up an extra set of butt spacers, I ended up adding 2 spacers to get the LOP perfect for me.

That’s a good bit of information for sure. I appreciate that. If you don’t mind, how tall are you? I’m 5’10.