• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Our GSP pups are almost here!!

Nebraska

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
Nebraska
My GSP Roxy is about 10 days out with pups so I thought I'd start posting in case anyone's interested. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call.

I've been helping out with Spring/Fall field trials the last few years (planting birds and running the dog wagon) here in NE so I could watch all the dogs and finally found "the one" I really wanted as a sire for Roxy. His name is Slicks Cuttin Wild (Joker) and in April I ended up driving to a field trial (he won BTW) in WY and they sealed the deal
wink.gif
. She's due ~ June 14th so the puppies will be ready to pick up around mid-August.

Roxy has a gorgeous high-tailed point and all the style and drive a guy could want in a hunting dog. She's a natural retriever and loves the water. I hunt on foot so, depending on the cover and what I ask her to do, she's at home hunting both close or far. And, when not in the field, she's right at home on the couch with the kids too!
grin.gif

As for Joker - he has a great disposition and his record kinda speaks for itself. He's a <span style="font-weight: bold">5xCH 4xRU-CH <span style="text-decoration: underline">2xNGDC</span> FC AFC</span> so we should have some REALLY nice pups on the way. Here's a link to Joker's web page for more details on him: Slicks Cuttin Wild - Joker

And some pics......
smile.gif

Roxy on point this season.....
RoxyAvatar02192012.jpg

Joker at the WY field trial....
P1040887.jpg

Re: Our GSP pups are almost here!!

This is my 3rd GSP but the first one I've chosen to have bred and I've done all my own training to date. I love to hunt 'em but really enjoy the training too. I have a pigeon coop in my back yard and a creek and field behind my house so we get a lot of quality time together.....

Good luck with the pups! Looks like you have some great field dogs there...

I LOVE Shorthairs!! My wife and I have two pups ages 16 weeks and 13 weeks that we are beginning to do NAVHDA trials with. I've owned a few dogs in the past (mostly beagles for rabbit hunting) but always wanted a Shorthair to bird hunt with. They are by far, the BEST dogs I've ever owned. Whoever gets a GSP is in for a treat, provided you use them for what they were bred for. Be forewarned though...Shorthairs are addictive!! Good luck with the pups!!

Chad

Thanks guys....

Dave - that pic's bitter sweet.....I still get tears in my eyes when I think about my last two - but especially my first. She's the one in my avatar and looks a whole lot like yours. Those last couple of years she couldn't hunt as long as she did when she was younger but I was always amazed at how therapeutic it was for her to get into the field. She would go and go and the only thing that would stop her was me (usually after the first field or two) because I knew that even though she wanted to hunt more, she needed to take it easy.

Even when we weren't hunting, we'd go everywhere together and oh what a bond we had between us. She had to be by me - to the point that she'd even lay on the shower mat in the bathroom when I was taking a shower! Man do I miss her.....
cry.gif

Awesome dogs, and a wonderful breed. My best little buddy, Randi
smile.gif

Web_RRD_6134.jpg

Web_RRD_6272.jpg

Web_RRD_5995.jpg

Web_6R1I8706.jpg

Web_RD_8615.jpg

Rob - those are awesome pics!! I've been working a bunch today but will try and post some more on Sunday....

My wife took a nap with her a day or two after we brought her home and she was out so hard she didn't even wake up when my wife scooper her up to go outside!
P405130820080405_154856_1243.jpg

Kinda looks like a Kangaroo (~14wks)
NEKangaroo.jpg

Here's one where we were taking a break at a local watering hole (~9 mths)....
PB01290820081101_105042_65.jpg

Here's Roxy backing a friend's GSP (also ~9 mths old)
FirstBackC1.jpg

Here's one from our trip out to WY this April. We were playing fetch in the water at Curt Gowdy State Park (beautiful place to visit!)....
P1040835.jpg

Those are some good looking dogs! I have heard some good things about that Joker dog. If I didn't already have 2 GSPs maybe my wife would allow me to get a puppy! good luck with the pups.

Thanks JDF_GSP....
wink.gif

Roxy had 7 puppies this evening and they're all cute as can be! She had 5 females (3 Liver and 2 Liver and White) and 2 males (1 Liver and 1 Liver and White). The kids were able watch the whole thing and we're all having a blast!

Three of the females were spoken for before they showed up (no specific pups chosen yet) so as of now we have 2 females available and 2 males available. I'm toast now so I'll post more on Thursday.....

If you're interested in one just shoot me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call for the details. Thanks for looking guys!

P1060250.jpg

P1060273.jpg

P1060275.jpg

P1060277.jpg

Great pictures in this thread. Dog lovers over here, we have 3 rescues and don't get to go bird hunting anymore so they are just lazy buggers.

That's awesome Jeff! Congrats bro!

... hope my name is on one of the liver females
smile.gif

Great looking pups.

I've been running GSPs for nearly 20 years now. GREAT dogs. Mine love to grouse hunt with me in the woods and do very well in the pheasant fields.

Still have the son and great grandson of my original male. And all of them all liver color.

I did just get my first female who just turned a year old. She's a sweetheart, but was a handful as a pup. To ok her to SD pheasant hunting last fall when she was 5 months old. She did great following around my 2 year old. Fund lots of birds on her own and was so pretty on her points and backing.

I really didn't want a female, however the litter was all females and she was born on the same date my original GSP was so we thought it must have been meant to be.

My original dog was named Pepper after my wife's childhood GSP. The little girl is also Pepper (we call her Pep). Actual name is Die Legenda Von Pfeffer. Pepper's Legend.

She's really living up to the tradition so far.

Enjoy the pups.

Hi Jeff. Was great meeting and chatting with you and your son yesterday. The new pup is doing great on her first day/night at her new home.

We'll be keeping in touch a lot, please do the same!
laugh.gif

Web_RRD_7101.jpg

Web_RRD_7088.jpg

Web_RRD_7051.jpg

Web_RRD_7032.jpg

Web_RRD_7081.jpg

Rob - thanks for posting those pics. It's very hard to let these pups go and knowing they're in a great home makes all the difference in the world!

Your gift of photography had our whole family oohing and aahing! We'll be looking forward to your pics for many years to come....
smile.gif

Hey Jeff. I hope all is well with your GSP pup. Roxy is becoming a perfect member of the family, we couldn't possibly love her more
smile.gif

Do you have any new photo's to share? I'd love to see a few. Here's some recent photo's of Roxy & Randi. Their mannerisms are so similar, it's too funny.

Web_E40R0122.jpg

Web_E40R0095.jpg

Web_E40R0008.jpg

Web_RRD_7426.jpg

Web_RRD_7424.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful dog!

My little girl is now 17 months old and doing GREAT.

She's also all liver like my 2 1/2 year old. Just good looking dogs and so much fun to hunt and live with.

My old guy is now 13 and still has the spirt to hunt despite the body wearing out quickly on him.

Love them all. Treasure your fantastic dogs.

Why is it our guns can last a lifetime and our incredible dogs only 10-15 years?

OK, had to post a pic or two:

A goose landed in the front field and all three dogs pointed them for nearly 20 mintes before the birds flew away.

My little girl Pep
image182.jpg

My 2 1/5 year old Shatten
image181.jpg

And my 13 year old Blitzz.. He's too old to stand for so long, so he starts to droop a bit!
image183.jpg

I have 3 GSPs and a black Lab/English Pointer mix. GSPs are 8 years, and two at 2 years (brothers). Lab is 15+ years.

0112.jpg

how well tempered are they. do they have the separation anxiety that weims have? beautiful pups by the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lancetkenyon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 3 GSPs and a black Lab/English Pointer mix. GSPs are 8 years, and two at 2 years (brothers). Lab is 15+ years.

0112.jpg
</div></div>

Did you get your pups from a breeder in Cave creek area?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lancetkenyon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 3 GSPs and a black Lab/English Pointer mix. GSPs are 8 years, and two at 2 years (brothers). Lab is 15+ years.

0112.jpg
</div></div>

Did you get your pups from a breeder in Cave creek area? </div></div>

Nope. All of them are rescue dogs for the most part.

The patched/ticked we actually found up in Northern AZ in the middle of the forest while on a bowhunting trip. No houses within 10 miles. He was about 4 months old. Posted fliers with the local post office and sherriff's dept. No calls, no inquiries. He has been ours for 7+ years now.

The other two are brothers that we got at one year of age from two different friends who could not handle the energy they produce. They were bred from a friend of ours, who owns the father, and the mother is owned by a friend of his. Both registered with AKC, and great hunting dogs.

The black lab mix is a local pound rescue dog. She was 6+/- when we got her (according to the vet), and we have had her for 10 years now.