• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Over/Under timeline before looting/breakins start?

I'm not going to say very much on a public forum. But, my neighbors and I expected some rioting, looting and such after the 2008 election. We expected it, whether Obama won of lost. We made a pact that there would not be any trouble in our neighborhood. A recent check verified that this pact is still in place. Just saying you need a plan. Thankfully nothing happened in 2008 or 2012. Hopefully it won't happen because of this virus in 2020.

But it feels good to know your neighbor has your back and you have his.

Personally the Wife and I have tightened up on our security. It never was really loose. We keep a loaded gun near us anywhere in and out of the house. We keep the doors closed and locked, the cars in the garage and the garage doors down. We look out before opening the door when the doorbell rings.

tenor.gif
Why the kitty ?

Asking for a friend.

Feels like everyone is hearing “don’t defend yourself”.

when what I’m saying is “don’t do stupid shit that gets you thrown in prison”.

Either a lot of you guys live in areas with much more lax laws, which is cool, or you don’t understand self defense in a lot of the US. Absolutely you should protect your family. But if you shoot a guy through your front door, and then find out that was against the law, you won’t be able to protect your family the next time when they’re destitute and alone because you’re in prison.
Bad guys die and good guys don't go to prison. It's the American way. Dead tweakers make very poor witnesses.

Feels like everyone is hearing “don’t defend yourself”.

when what I’m saying is “don’t do stupid shit that gets you thrown in prison”.

you should absolutely defend yourselves and your family if needed. There is no question. And the law almost always sides on your behalf, with very rare and usually ridiculous exceptions.

Either a lot of you guys live in areas with much more lax laws, which is cool, or you don’t understand self defense in a lot of the US. Absolutely you should protect your family. But if you shoot a guy through your front door, and then find out that was against the law, you won’t be able to protect your family the next time when they’re destitute and alone because you’re in prison.

Bullshit. You were quite clear on what you were putting forth as fact. Plainly said....you are wrong. At every point. And yet, you keep digging.

Ignorant people like you are far too common. Folks that know the least love yapping the most. You are nothing more than a would-be high and mighty FOOL.

I will say that my house has at least one firearm in each room especially the bathroom.
Ain't no Pulp Fiction happing there.

The best advice that I could give anyone involved with a shooting, be polite to the police.

Explain to the police that you are not trying to hinder their investigation but you and your family would like to have a lawyer present while any statement is given.

Sure you MAY go into holding until morning, but it beats a life behind bars.
Growing up my father had a large sports bar with it a lot of his teams were young attorneys and judges and I always remember them waying out that advice above.
Depending how drunk they got the advice changed to Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut

Hey, I owe you guys an apology. I felt that I had a pretty solid understanding of our law in Oregon. I now realize and present that I was wrong. You guys led me to look again. I had carried over what I understood of general self defense into the home setting. The laws pertaining to defense of a dwelling also support what I had believed (161.225), and it wasn’t until I looked into the Limitations portion it’s explicitly stated (161.219). I am a dipshit. Thank you for giving me shit. I learned something valuable today.

161.225¹

Use of physical force in defense of premises

(1)A person in lawful possession or control of premises is justified in using physical force upon another person when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent or terminate what the person reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the premises.

(2)A person may use deadly physical force under the circumstances set forth in subsection (1) of this section only:

(a)In defense of a person as provided in ORS 161.219 (Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person); or

(b)When the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent the commission of arson or a felony by force and violence by the trespasser.

(3)As used in subsection (1) and subsection (2)(a) of this section, “premises” includes any building as defined in ORS 164.205 (Definitions for ORS 164.205 to 164.270)and any real property. As used in subsection (2)(b) of this section, “premises” includes any building. [1971 c.743 §25]

161.219¹

Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person

Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209 (Use of physical force in defense of a person), a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1)Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or

(2)Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or

(3)Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]

Hey, I owe you guys an apology. I felt that I had a pretty solid understanding of our law in Oregon. I now realize and present that I was wrong. You guys led me to look again. I had carried over what I understood of general self defense into the home setting. The laws pertaining to defense of a dwelling also support what I had believed (161.225), and it wasn’t until I looked into the Limitations portion it’s explicitly stated (161.219). I am a dipshit. Thank you for giving me shit. I learned something valuable today.

161.225¹

(1)A person in lawful possession or control of premises is justified in using physical force upon another person when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent or terminate what the person reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the premises.

(2)A person may use deadly physical force under the circumstances set forth in subsection (1) of this section only:

(a)In defense of a person as provided in ORS 161.219 (Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person); or

(b)When the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent the commission of arson or a felony by force and violence by the trespasser.

(3)As used in subsection (1) and subsection (2)(a) of this section, “premises” includes any building as defined in ORS 164.205 (Definitions for ORS 164.205 to 164.270)and any real property. As used in subsection (2)(b) of this section, “premises” includes any building. [1971 c.743 §25]

161.219¹

Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209 (Use of physical force in defense of a person), a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1)Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or

(3)Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]
You're welcome. Research before asserting your knowledge next time.

? here's to learning something and not letting the day go to waste.

Now, load up and be prepared to defend against the evil that may breach your walls.

here’s the thing......many of us have seen firsthand bad shit up close...WAY too close. speaking for myself, that’s why i have a short fuse on anyone giving bad advise when it comes to people protecting those we are tasked with protecting; whom ever that might be.

now you might not believe it, but there are damn few if any of us looking to shed blood of our fellow man-even if they be a truely fucked up person. the lionshare of us are live and let live...but there are lines that if crossed, will cost that person their ass.

as far as apologies...i dont need it or want it. i’ll be content with you realizing you were wrong, and taking corrective action. i am always happy when another person realizes they should never seek/ask/need permission from anyone to protect themselves and others. good enough for me. good luck and stay safe out there.

Texas;
SUBCHAPTER D. PROTECTION OF PROPERTY

Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:

(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or

(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Inslee just extended the shelter in place order to May 6th.
Im cleaning and checking all my guns Saturday morning!!!
You must be over on the east side if you haven't already gotten that done. Shit's already weird on this side. Some guy head shot another guy with an AR the other day in Lynnwood over some fight that escalated from a parking dispute.

O.C.G.A. 16-3-23 (2018)
16-3-23. Use of force in defense of habitation

A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to prevent or terminate such other's unlawful entry into or attack upon a habitation; however, such person is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if:

(1) The entry is made or attempted in a violent and tumultuous manner and he or she reasonably believes that the entry is attempted or made for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the assault or offer of personal violence;

(2) That force is used against another person who is not a member of the family or household and who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using such force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred; or

(3) The person using such force reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.

In other words, if someone has broken into my house, I'm legally permitted under Georgia code to use deadly force in defense of my home, property, and family. And I'm under no obligation to not defend it/them:

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-3-23.1 (2018)
  • A person who uses threats or force in accordance with Code Section 16-3-21, relating to the use of force in defense of self or others, Code Section 16-3-23, relating to the use of force in defense of a habitation, or Code Section 16-3-24, relating to the use of force in defense of property other than a habitation, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use force as provided in said Code sections, including deadly force.

EDIT: Oh and I'm pretty sure I don't have to give a warning shot or wait for them to get within 21 feet of me or shout "STAND AND DELIVER, SIR!" before I use such force, either.
Georgia lawyer here: ..... yep.

161.225¹

161.219¹

If I was you I would delete your first ignorant post to make sure some poor idiot doesn’t believe you and doesn’t do his job to protect his family.

The way you argued this point is the same way the left argues every single gun law. Zero knowledge spouting their personal delusions and down the road those ideas get kicked by people that don’t know any better. At least you came to your senses after having to be proved wrong multiple times.

I can add Tennessee as another state with a strong Castle Doctrine. It applies to your vehicle also. The assumption is that anyone making unwanted entry into your home is posing a deadly threat. Makes sense to me.

Ohio is the exact same way. Unlawfully entering OR ATTEMPTING to enter someone's place of habitation or occupied motor vehicle carries the legal presumption that the intruder is there to inflict death or severe bodily injury.

Basically, someone tries a home invasion or tries to forcibly enter your car while you're in it and it's weapons free.

Emphasis added for our resident dipshit from Oregon who thinks he knows what's up. Yes, the Ohio Revised Code clearly includes "attempting to enter" in the relevant section that deals with deadly force in defense of home or occupied vehicle.

To put it bluntly, road rage someone here and try to open their car door or reach inside through the window and you are both bought and paid for.

I heard today that a employee was sleeping at the store to keep his family from catching anything he might. Middle of the night 3 dudes broke in to rob the place. He shot one of them and the other 2 got away. The shooter has been arrested and the thug that was shot hasnt bee arrested or charged. What kind of bullshit is this?

Where?

I read that. Virginia. That's certainly odd. Wouldn't be a question in my state. I wonder if there is more to the story than that article says. Be interesting to see how that turns out.

I would imagine this goes for most of us here, if that moment ever comes, I will not hesitate. While I believe that being knowledgeable and understanding the "stand your ground" law in your area is very important, it wouldn't change anything if someone breaks into my home...

If it were to ever happen, that my family and I were in our home and someone breaks in, from that very instant I will stop at nothing to stop them. Come busting in my door? I will fire on you as hard and fast as I can, to hell with the consequences. I may get shot, I may go to prison. I've made peace with that a long time ago, consequences be damned.

A situation like this is unpredictable and it will never go down the way you think. Nevertheless it is something I feel everyone should do their very best to be prepared for. No matter how well trained or prepared, we all let our guard down at times, especially at home. Don't give these pieces of shit a millisecond of advantage.

I'll sacrifice my life, health or freedom without a second thought. I will not allow my family to be at the mercy of God knows what. My home is sacred to me, like me it protects my family. An attack on it is in effect an attack on my family and I will protect it at all costs or die trying. I am expendable, my family is not.

Already started in my buddies neighborhood.
View attachment 7276558
View attachment 7276559
That's his neighbor's house. He just happened to be home at the time.... cleaning his gun. Dipshit then walked over to his back yard, where he was sitting and enjoying some time spent on weapons maintenance in his screened-in back porch. Good O'le Dindunuffin walks up to his door and looks square in the face of a hand gun pointed at him. He said the guy fell down 3 times running down the driveway, probably tripping over his baggy pants and had to stop and catch his breath as many times. ?
View attachment 7276561

He has all the luck. ? Buddy said he was laughing his ass off the whole time texting us these pictures. He tripped the silent alarm on his house and the cops came and got him as he tried to hide in the woods.
Jehovas witness?

Discussions are taking place in banking establishments in Portland, OR. They are expecting a surge in armed robberies and word on the street is a riot is being planned.

The greater Portland Metro area has ran off all their good cops in the past ten plus years and has had a hard time hiring. Lowered the education requirement to a GED and word was many applicants weren't able to pass a piss test. I heard one estimate that the region was understaffed by 2,200 LEO's.

Rioting during a pandemic will result in......?

And this is just one major metro area.

Reactions: Jgunner and Sgt47
Discussions are taking place in banking establishments in Portland, OR. They are expecting a surge in armed robberies and word on the street is a riot is being planned.

The greater Portland Metro area has ran off all their good cops in the past ten plus years and has had a hard time hiring. Lowered the education requirement to a GED and word was many applicants weren't able to pass a piss test. I heard one estimate that the region was understaffed by 2,200 LEO's.

Rioting during a pandemic will result in......?

And this is just one major metro area.

portland is about to get what the voted for. Have fun.

It took only 2 days after New Orleans was shut off from deliveries before total collapse of civility to occur. Local LE participated in the looting.

It took only 2 days after New Orleans was shut off from deliveries before total collapse of civility to occur. Local LE participated in the looting.

In this case, I think delivery issues are going to be minimal. There is now plenty of product on the shelves, at least everywhere I go.
The problem will be when the $1200 runs out and there's no money left in the household to buy the necessities. That is when the desperation will kick in. Of course, the boys in the hood are already on the prowl, so they will probably be the first to be shot.

Link or source?

Last edited:
Mow the fuckers down. I like the videos where Antifa gets run over.... or dumbasses block vehicles with their bodies.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country