• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Over/Under timeline before looting/breakins start?

I think we'll know when the SHTF, St Louis, NYC, Baltimore, hell maybe the Big Easy will plunge into chaos, then it will flow into the suburbs. Heavy thug areas will have to find resources outside the hood. I just moved further out of town as my street I used to lived on now has a Somali check point! Went to the old house to pick a few things up and counted 13 cars parked in the street, looked like a block party going on. Kids out of school and all of the skinnies lost their jobs so now they just hang out all day. Thank god I drugged up and left. Just waiting to see what is next for all of us?

1585943951050.png

1585943894971.png

Im cutting saplings into poles.

Heads on top nearby warns the rest.

I know a guy who is testing out a suppressed .22 AR pistol upper today. 4.5” barrel and 5” can that fits under the HG.
Crazy coot Thinks a quick double to the head quietly could be better than the 556 going off, at least at first.
Quiet and sneaky might be good.....

Or maybe he isnt so crazy..... ?

The guy lives in a pretty close neighborhood, so pass through is a concern.

Plus I dont think he has a .300 BO.

Hey, I owe you guys an apology. I felt that I had a pretty solid understanding of our law in Oregon. I now realize and present that I was wrong. You guys led me to look again. I had carried over what I understood of general self defense into the home setting. The laws pertaining to defense of a dwelling also support what I had believed (161.225), and it wasn’t until I looked into the Limitations portion it’s explicitly stated (161.219). I am a dipshit. Thank you for giving me shit. I learned something valuable today.

161.225¹

Use of physical force in defense of premises

(1)A person in lawful possession or control of premises is justified in using physical force upon another person when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent or terminate what the person reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the premises.

(2)A person may use deadly physical force under the circumstances set forth in subsection (1) of this section only:

(a)In defense of a person as provided in ORS 161.219 (Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person); or

(b)When the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent the commission of arson or a felony by force and violence by the trespasser.

(3)As used in subsection (1) and subsection (2)(a) of this section, “premises” includes any building as defined in ORS 164.205 (Definitions for ORS 164.205 to 164.270)and any real property. As used in subsection (2)(b) of this section, “premises” includes any building. [1971 c.743 §25]

161.219¹

Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person

Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209 (Use of physical force in defense of a person), a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1)Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or

(2)Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or

(3)Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]

And also DO realize that the term "self defense" is a lot like the term "pretty woman"...

It is all in the eyes of the beholder. Some people may think that June Shannon from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is the ultimate example of feminine beauty. That is THEIR opinion and THEIR opinion only... It does not apply to the rest of us.

Same thing with "self defense". Some people think that self defense means dialing 911 and then begging and pleading with the armed intruder that they will suck his dick instead so he will not rape their daughter. Me? There is a clear boundary that marks where the outside hallway ends and my home begins. Breach that boundary with force, I WILL assume the worst and you WILL die right there... And if I do happen to live in some shithole state or country where I can be tried for defending myself in my own property, the authorities will not even be involved. Bleach, hacksaw, heavy duty garbage bags, and a nice drive out to the country solves a lot of things quickly and quietly.

The safety of myself and those who I care about do NOT get brushed aside in favor of any law or code. Just sayin'...

Mow the fuckers down. I like the videos where Antifa gets run over.... or dumbasses block vehicles with their bodies.

Two good ol' boys had just finished cooking up a huge hog that one of them had shot. As they sat by the campfire, peeling off strips of steaming meat with their bowie knives, one of them remarked "Hey Billy, remember last year when ah' saw them fuckin' ANTIFA clowns tryin' t' climb over my fence by my woodshed and ah' done killed em' both with my .300 Win Mag?" Billy took another bite of his morsel before turning to his friend. "Ah' reckon ya' told me about that one", he said. "Ah' threw em' rottin' carcasses right here in this thicket and ah' swear that pig we shot today was the same one ah' saw munchin' on them motherfuckers", Joe continued, reaching for a beer in the cooler behind him. "Well", Billy perked up, looking at the strip of meat remaining on his knife, "ah'd been wonderin' why this pork taste funny today"...

Internal memo's from branch managers and execs.
I can see it, in Portland. I was wondering when the next Antifa event would be before the virus started. I'm assuming they are who would purportedly be organizing a riot?

I live in Northern Virginia. What's being talked about here is he fired a warning shot, and possibly fired as they were running out the store. Thus, his life was not in danger.

Sucks, but from sounds of it might be a unlawful use of force.

I live in Northern Virginia. What's being talked about here is he fired a warning shot, and possibly fired as they were running out the store. Thus, his life was not in danger.

Warning shots tend to always be frowned upon in most jurisdictions. According to the suits, if you have time to fire warning shots, then that means you are not really in imminent danger. My opinion? Warning shots are a waste of perfectly good ammunition. And bullets travel somewhere. They can damage property or hit a person or animal that is not the intended target. If I must shoot, I only shoot right for center mass or head for immediate incapacitation. Warning shots are for Hollywood screenwriters...

I can see it, in Portland. I was wondering when the next Antifa event would be before the virus started. I'm assuming they are who would purportedly be organizing a riot?
Hard to say in that city. Never underestimate the abilities of large groups of divided idiots.
As far as I'm concerned considering the situation..... if rioting starts bring out the flame throwers.

Hell, I'd loved to have seen an F4 laying down some napalm on those idiots in South Beach Miami.

Sigh. I give up.

I've spent the last 6 nights submerged in my pool in the backyard with a rifle, plate carrier and my night vision on while just breathing through some snorkle I made out of a PVC pipe, waiting to pounce on the poors via my tactical inflated pink flamingo.

You guys really need to stop messing around with all this break in talk when nothing is happening.

Warning shots tend to always be frowned upon in most jurisdictions. According to the suits, if you have time to fire warning shots, then that means you are not really in imminent danger. My opinion? Warning shots are a waste of perfectly good ammunition. And bullets travel somewhere. They can damage property or hit a person or animal that is not the intended target. If I must shoot, I only shoot right for center mass or head for immediate incapacitation. Warning shots are for Hollywood screenwriters...

Careful, the guys in this thread don’t like it when you bring up that it’s possible you can have a bad shoot.

Sigh. I give up.

I've spent the last 6 nights submerged in my pool in the backyard with a rifle, plate carrier and my night vision on while just breathing through some snorkle I made out of a PVC pipe, waiting to pounce on the poors via my tactical inflated pink flamingo.

You guys really need to stop messing around with all this break in talk when nothing is happening.
Don your best Gucciflage, take your nicest ride and go to where the poors are to do your shopping. When they come after you like a flock of hens after a caterpillar in the chicken yard, you metamorphose before their downcast, poor eyes into the tactical ubermensch butterfly that you are and lay waste in defense of your life and property.

The wife was commenting last evening on how very little has changed for us. I have noticed the stress pulled tightly across faces on the rare occasion when I venture out. I kinda miss the CF routine since the gym closed, but I have just become better acquainted with my sandbags. Neither of us miss the social contact, and there is often a feeling of gratefulness for the separation.

Swims are now in the lake instead of the local pool, and my dogs are happier and in better shape because they get to go with. Other than comps there is no change to the shooting routine. Not getting on a plane has made my work more productive.

Other than faces and a few names I know very few of my neighbors. That is not to say that I don't know about them. Most are conservative and have the means to weather things, even if uncomfortable. A few live here by virtue of crushing debt. I'll keep a closer eye on them.

So far it's a lazy yawn. But we'll see.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Well; April 1 has come and gone, with our Governor mandating stay at home the day before at 5PM. We remain surprisingly free of reported infections. Good deal, I say. The VFW Post remains closed; in no small part because of a broken ice machine water pipe and subsequent loss and damage. Insurance is taking charge and ensuring a proper restoration.

Whatever we do, we intend to obey within the limits of wisdom.

I get out each day for a solitary walk around the block; and sometimes a bit further, depending on my energy level. I feel healthy and fit, and appear to be coping with the isolation. The family is well; the young ones go out and do the foraging/shopping. The two have become so intertwined these days. I neither see nor feel any hostility.

Netflix is indispensable. We are into Scandinavian and British mysteries. This will change, I'm sure, as the manifest of such shrinks.

I keep a firearm within reach, but I don't carry. Yet.

The ladies of the household have always carried at my urging. My admonition has been; "Only if you feel your life itself is clearly threatened; otherwise keep it concealed".

Greg

PS In response to the original post, there was an attempted breakin at our house like two-three weeks ago. Unsuccessful; and I've installed lighting illuminating all doors and windows on the property.

Last edited:
We had a couple of hooded “opportunists” walk down the street this week, and on video were clearly seen trying doors on cars and trying to open garage doors at 2:30 am. They had no luck and kept walking. They are probing for weaknesses, easy scores, and low hanging fruit. I have no doubts that they, or more just like them, will be back.

Nothing has changed for my household. We are always prepared. The only thing that would change in the event of a societal breakdown would be my son would come to live with us. Another mouth to feed, but he'd be tasked with watching the back yard and surrounding woods instead of my wife. I doubt anything large scale would happen, but I guess it doesn't need to be large scale if you're the one looking down the barrel as intruders break in at 4am.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Nothing has changed for my household. We are always prepared. The only thing that would change in the event of a societal breakdown would be my son would come to live with us. Another mouth to feed, but he'd be tasked with watching the back yard and surrounding woods instead of my wife. I doubt anything large scale would happen, but I guess it doesn't need to be large scale if you're the one looking down the barrel as intruders break in at 4am.
Same. The only shift we made was getting a few more non-perishables laid up. our sparsely populated "neighborhood" has several like minded people and we are all resourcing together to make sure each has what is required and is on the same sheet of music should urban/suburban exuberance spill past its borders.

Discussions are taking place in banking establishments in Portland, OR. They are expecting a surge in armed robberies and word on the street is a riot is being planned.

The greater Portland Metro area has ran off all their good cops in the past ten plus years and has had a hard time hiring. Lowered the education requirement to a GED and word was many applicants weren't able to pass a piss test. I heard one estimate that the region was understaffed by 2,200 LEO's.

Rioting during a pandemic will result in......?

And this is just one major metro area.

A true bastion of libtardism . . . Is anyone really surprised?

I think that in rural areas, the possibly best thing inhabitants can do for each other is to serve as a combined watch and notfication system for 'behavioral anomalies'. This is the kind of information that can ensure a unified response, so individual dwellings can't be picked off at leisure. Know your neighbors, know their phone number. This could be a place for the FRS/Ham radios.

If somebody has qualms, that's fine.

Greg

I think that in rural areas, the possibly best thing inhabitants can do for each other is to serve as a combined watch and notfication system for 'behavioral anomalies'. This is the kind of information that can ensure a unified response, so individual dwellings can't be picked off at leisure. Know your neighbors, know their phone number. This could be a place for the FRS/Ham radios.

If somebody has qualms, that's fine.

Greg

They sort of do that out here. All of the mormon wards have their own compartmentalized disater plan along with a comms plan which consists of basically who is the official HAM person and what frequencies they communicate on. I know the frequencies as they are open; the flip side is that knowing this is a reason why I ended up with squad level digital encrypted units.

I subscribe to a lot a lefty channels on Twitter and Facebook. There is a lot of chatter about getting your "neighborhood defense programs" ready for the next couple weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: MCSO1357 and TACC
22 rifles an pistols around here, are like Knife, Forks, & Spoons. The gun shops here, are full of them as well. Albeit the threaded ones are getting in short supply,...

I was waffling between a couple different pistols. She's fine with the 9 or the 40. I just figured she would likely shoot more with a 22.
The Kel Tec, the Sig and the Walther were in the finals and I was going to take the woman to let her decide.
There are plenty of Ruger 10/22 rifles at our local gun shop.
22 rifles an pistols around here, are like Knife, Forks, & Spoons. The gun shops here, are full of them as well. Albeit the threaded ones are getting in short supply,...

I was waffling between a couple different pistols. She's fine with the 9 or the 40. I just figured she would likely shoot more with a 22.
The Kel Tec, the Sig and the Walther were in the finals and I was going to take the woman to let her decide.

The Mark IV of the standard Ruger pistol is a nice update and well worth the cost if you can afford it.

That being said The Ruger SR22 pistol is nice and handy, very light weight and easy to grip. They also make it threaded.

Reactions: Snuby642
I would also suggest getting a Ruger long before a Kel-Tec unless you like the whole bolted together look of the Kel-Tec

Reactions: OldSalty
Have both a mark iv and a buckmark. Both are good and pretty equal in reliability and accuracy.

The mark iv wins though in ease of field strip.

I can see wanting a 22 that more closely resembles the modern semi for traning purposes. Buddy has a sr22 and its pretty good. Almost bought an M&P 22 a couple weeks ago but decided to wait...

The threaded S&W compact 22 suites me well. In fact I had the first one for about 6-8 months then went back an bought another. I have a threaded Ruger Mk 3 but, it does not get out much at all now after buying the S&W.

Did not see this mentioned.
My son picked up a g44.
He also got a threaded barrel for it.

I handled it but have not shot it yet.
He said fun but not as accurate as the ruger pistols.
It is a trainer for him.

Reactions: Jgunner
my go to gun is a five-seven... unfortunately you need a goddamn suppressor on it the deal with the muzzle flash.

otherwise I have a Walther PPK/S in 22 LR also with a suppressor

there have been a lot of posts here bashing people for not being willing to shoot first. And while I agree that you have to shoot first much of the time, I don’t have a problem following the laws in my state as long as it will allow my family to live.

You not only have to be quicker than the other guy, but smarter as well. I have no objections to following the law until I have no choice not to in order to defend my family.

Reactions: Jake the dog
The threaded S&W compact 22 suites me well. In fact I had the first one for about 6-8 months then went back an bought another. I have a threaded Ruger Mk 3 but, it does not get out much at all now after buying the S&W.

The nice thing about the Mark IV is that with a push of a button you can separate the top from the grip and now you have 2 pieces neither of which have an outline resembling a gun, that you can easily slip somewhere, mix it in with some pipes in a tool box....

Sheesh, y'all need to stop. I might end up with a collection if you keep this up.
It's going to end up with what she feels comfortable with. You know how girls are. All touchy feely about shit.

I was impressed by the M&P 22 when I held it, but I haven't shot it. I think if you're getting a .22 you should decide if you're getting it because you need a .22, or because you want a learner gun to work someone into serious calibers. The MkIV has a longstanding reputation, whereas the SR-22 is much more related to conventional automatics. I really dig legit competition style .22's, they are just so much fun and basically free to shoot all day.

The nice thing about the Mark IV is that with a push of a button you can separate the top from the grip and now you have 2 pieces neither of which have an outline resembling a gun, that you can easily slip somewhere, mix it in with some pipes in a tool box....
If a gun needs to be *hidden*, it probably shouldn't be a .22 :)

SR22 is reliable enough to use as a trainer and it's especially well suited for someone with small hands. Even with minimags, which function very well in mine, I wouldn't trust it for defense. JMHO.

If a gun needs to be *hidden*, it probably shouldn't be a .22 :)

A easily hidden .22 especially with an easily hidden suppressor is probably one of the most useful weapons a resistance member can have in city settings.