• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Paid over $4 per gallon for gas - first time today

Re: Paid over $4 per gallon for gas - first time today

Sorry, not one thing but many.

The Federal Gov. has stopped drilling in the Gulf, destroying jobs and driving up prices; fear of the uncertainty of what will happen in the Middle East is making oil companies nervous so they use the unrest to raise prices. The administration handed over $2 billion (of US tax payers dollars mostly raised from the US oil companies) to Petrobraus (Brazilian National Oil Company)to drill in the gulf while US companies are banned from drilling in the same area, but mostly it is the speculators. We have people and companies playing gas futures like the stock market, driving up prices and profits while the rest of us cry. Is it a Dem vs. Rep thing - Yes, is it a rich vs. poor thing - yes, is it a petroleum company vs. us thing - yes, is it even a ethanol (oxygenate) subsidized by the government thing - yes It is all of those things, but mostly it is because what should be a commodity is being played like the stock market and we are powerless to stop it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Searcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the loss of jobs and rising prices will eventually cause a fire. How hot the fire burns should be interesting.
</div></div>
My gut tells me you are right. While hope we are wrong and time will tell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here in the US every time gas gets out of hand the oil companies start making record profits.
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lil'Joe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they use the unrest to raise prices. </div></div>
Sirs you are both correct, in the news today (you can Google it), "Chevron Expects Higher Profit Despite Lower Output" noticed in the WSJ by Nathan Becker at:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704529204576257294240225236.html

From the WSJ article, "Chevron Corp. said Monday (today) it expects first-quarter earnings to rise from last year's final period, as higher crude-oil prices offset lower output." ... "Chevron said that, during the first two months of the quarter, the company received $88.23 a barrel for crude oil from its U.S. fields, up 11% from the prior quarter and up 20% from a year earlier. Natural-gas prices rose 14% from the prior quarter but fell 22% from a year earlier to $4.15 per thousand cubic feet."

Find it interesting oil companies like Chevron found a way to make more money with the higher prices. Their customers are hurting, while the rich get richer. In time we will see how high fuel goes and have to pay it if we want to get around.

<span style="color: #009900">NOTE: Natural gas prices went down 22% from a year earlier. About a decade ago I recall a friend in Arizona bought then immediately converted his new Ford F350 4x4 pickup to propane, because the added systems were mostly paid by tax incentives. Not sure if AZ still has the program going on, if it was Federal, or a State / Federal combination. At the time questioned him if running propane is more dangerous than gas in his family vehicle and didn't get an answer that made me comfortable.</span>

try paying 2 dollars equivalent a litre, Yes a Litre

3.69 in SW MO, its higher in St. Louis.

On the plus side, it might be a good time to sell some of the silver I bought when it was $17/ounce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paying $4.40 a gallon for diesel here in Western WA </div></div>

I'd buy a bike if I was you..

It was 3.89 for premium this morning in east Tennessee.

That's about 10c higher than a week ago.

Paid 4.09 for diesel. The pump stops at $75.00. It gave me 3/4 of a tank full for $75

$4.15.9 yesterday for premium

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when the Dollar loses world reserve currency status fuel prices in America will go up to 5,6, some are saying as high as $8 a gallon. </div></div>

You left out one key detail.... Instantly! </div></div>

How scary is that?!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lil'Joe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, not one thing but many.

The Federal Gov. has stopped drilling in the Gulf, destroying jobs and driving up prices; fear of the uncertainty of what will happen in the Middle East is making oil companies nervous so they use the unrest to raise prices. <span style="font-weight: bold">The administration handed over $2 billion (of US tax payers dollars mostly raised from the US oil companies) to Petrobraus (Brazilian National Oil Company)to drill in the gulf while US companies are banned from drilling in the same area</span>, but mostly it is the speculators. We have people and companies playing gas futures like the stock market, driving up prices and profits while the rest of us cry. Is it a Dem vs. Rep thing - Yes, is it a rich vs. poor thing - yes, is it a petroleum company vs. us thing - yes, is it even a ethanol (oxygenate) subsidized by the government thing - yes It is all of those things, but mostly it is because what should be a commodity is being played like the stock market and we are powerless to stop it. </div></div>

you left out one very important fact, Petrobraus provided our very own president with significant financing/funding/donations/gifts/etc etc throughout his campaign.

Coincidence??? no such thing...

I allways her people bitching about gas and oil prices. I wish it would get to 200 a barrel. If you dont like the price walk or dig and drill it out of the ground and refine it yourself. Times like this is when its good to be in the oil industry. LOLOLOLOLOLOL i love it

I was watching the news last night and they said it was $5.099 in Washington DC. They asked has this affected your driving?

If anyone askes you that question you say YES IT HAS.

Same way if something asks you if you are gods you say YES. For those who do not get that one. It is an ghostbusters reference.

I have a 91 gallon transfer tank in my diesel pickup, and I have a 55 gallon drum in the garage. The last time I bought Diesel, it was 3.79 I can bypass all the expensive places on the highway and get it where its cheap. When I find it cheap, I buy a couple hundred bucks of it. On the highway, the extra weight wont matter since I burn off about 50 pounds per hour when towing.

You can save a lot of money if you are able to store a hundred gallons or so. Its not like you arent going to use it....

Better get comfy. Crude is on the rise again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I allways her people bitching about gas and oil prices. I wish it would get to 200 a barrel. If you dont like the price walk or dig and drill it out of the ground and refine it yourself. Times like this is when its good to be in the oil industry. LOLOLOLOLOLOL i love it</div></div> Well, the oil industry may be getting extremely rich but it has the potential of draining the rest of the economy.

This is simple for me - I have a finite amount of money and when I have to pay more to drive to work it just means I don't buy something else or go out to eat or to the movies, etc.

Then I don't get to buy the new optics this year or new rifle and the industry that we love also starts to dwindle. The two wars have done more for the firearms industry in this country then about my whole life. More innovation occurred from 2001 to now then I have seen since I have been alive. Just look at the AR-15 and how it has changed in the last ten years. Yes, with the increase price of gas I will have to cut back on some weapon purchases so oil has a huge impact on our economy.

So, go ahead and love it while you can but...all things come to an end.

Keep laughing at 5$ gas im laughing all the way to the bank ololoolololoolo. I hope it gets higher. OOO and say it drops to 75 a barrel whitch wont happen i still come out ahead. It will have to get below 20 before i hurt<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I allways her people bitching about gas and oil prices. I wish it would get to 200 a barrel. If you dont like the price walk or dig and drill it out of the ground and refine it yourself. Times like this is when its good to be in the oil industry. LOLOLOLOLOLOL i love it</div></div> Well, the oil industry may be getting extremely rich but it has the potential of draining the rest of the economy.

This is simple for me - I have a finite amount of money and when I have to pay more to drive to work it just means I don't buy something else or go out to eat or to the movies, etc.

Then I don't get to buy the new optics this year or new rifle and the industry that we love also starts to dwindle. The two wars have done more for the firearms industry in this country then about my whole life. More innovation occurred from 2001 to now then I have seen since I have been alive. Just look at the AR-15 and how it has changed in the last ten years. Yes, with the increase price of gas I will have to cut back on some weapon purchases so oil has a huge impact on our economy.

So, go ahead and love it while you can but...all things come to an end.
</div></div>

Graph of price rise over the last year:
gas_graph.jpg

More about the gas price is at:

Drivers Feeling Pinched as Price Of Gasoline Rises

One guy ran out of gas driving around looking for a good price. A barrel of crude has been over $110 for the whole month of April. The only other time it was over $110 was back in 2008. The companies and inventors in the oil business have to love this!

Maybe hybrid, electric, hydrogen, or something new powered vehicles can become the game changer. Possibly a combination idea will take off, like free electricity solar recharging stations for electric vehicles. Am not holding my breath. In the mean time fortunately have something else here that gets better mileage to drive fewer places. Trains have been diesel electric hybrids for a long time and are over five times more fuel efficient than vehicles like trucks. Electric engines can have more instant torque so often perform surprisingly well.

A vehicle is often freedom to move around, it is important to like the area where we live when don't drive as much. And rural life becomes less attractive when can't get to the city as much. Possibly 'garden cities' with bigger lots will become more popular again so people can live country-style in groups near transportation hubs. As was happening when trains, boats, horses, feet, ... were a primary mode of transportation before autos were invented. Since that time autos and trucks have taken over, maybe we need to consider taking a step back in time to move forward.

Yet still own a gas guzzler parked more than ever here in the country. Keep it going with a trip to the store at least once a week. Mine is a useful Ford F250 '77 4x4 pickup, '71 460 engine bored and stroked with '69 429 Boss Mustang roller-rocker heads, 8000 pound Warn winch, 4:11 gears, locker in back, limited slip in front, and mud tires only drive when working it usually off road. No matter what I do it gets about 9mpg or less. Think twice even harder before drive it anywhere now and it only has been getting about 2000 miles a year or less for the last couple decades. Have done amazing things in the pickup. Weather is never a factor. It is a keeper. It goes places a person can not walk especially in ice/snow. Good to have around just in case. Love my motorized wheel barrow on the farm.

Lots of others on the road around still driving gas guzzlers without pulling a trailer or hauling a load. The car makers still have a focus on performance without so much consideration for mileage. Most 4x4s never see any real mud.

On another related topic:

Texas Ups Speed Limits

I've driven a crossed Texas a few times. When passing through wide open places going a bit faster can be more fuel efficient, weather allowing when drivers follow the 'basic rule'. Helps everyone maintain a constant speed when those slower not passing get right. Especially trucks, elderly, young, inexperienced, and dumb who can be the worst at clogging arteries 'parked' in the fast lane for un-necessary extended periods - taking time and money from others. Slowing down then speeding up burns more gas. Many cars get better mileage at constant 70 than 55 due to gearing (in my car 70 is same RPM in 5th where 55mph is in 4th gear). Think it was 12 hours to cross Texas last time. Same with Montana's straight highways - they used to have an unlimited speed limit in the day. Those states are HUGE and get 'bigger' when time is money at 55mph. With the right combination of vehicle, driver, and conditions feel increasing speeds in some situations to 85mph the right thing to do - while history has proven with more speed there are more accidents so is a trade off.

In the news today higher price "spike is expected to lift earnings by about 50% at Exxon Mobil Corp., and about 33% each at Chevron Corp. and ConocoPhillips, compared with a year earlier." More in the WSJ article today at:

Oil Profits Grow: Crude Prices Climb Amid Supply Worries as Refining Results Also Improve

From the article, "If oil prices continue to climb, they could at least rival 2008. That year, U.S. producers reported astronomic profits as crude hit $147 a barrel for a time. Exxon that year earned $45.2 billion, more than any other U.S. publicly traded company in history."

Gas is at $3.92-$3.96 here in central Ky. It sucks!
I was going to buy 10 gallon of gas for my mower in order to mow my yard this evening and I just looked at the price and kept on heading home (Mostly sticker shock).....I think I am going to let my grass grow a little higher and mow less.... I live in the country on a small farm anyway.
I believe we are headed towards $5 to $6 gallon average in the nation. Get ready for some serious changing in the nation. The higher fuel cost is going to change the way we live drastically.
Remember paying $10 for a few good steaks for the barbie... Same ones will be $20 very soon. Remember buying a box of cereal for $5, same one will be $10 very soon.
......SmokeRolls

$4.09 for Premium at my local 'low cost' place today in Portland, Oregon.

A Bellevue, Washington station where prices are among the area's highest:

110427_everet.jpg

In the WSJ today, "Economy Won't Get a Lift as Overseas Demand Is Expected to Keep Prices High ... After weeks of paying steadily more for a tank of gasoline, American drivers are beginning to ease up on the gas pedal, but in today's global economy, that might not be enough to lower crude-oil prices and give a lift to U.S. growth.

The U.S. Energy Department on Wednesday reported a 1.6% decline in a closely watched gauge of gasoline consumption, compared with a year ago.". And more at:

Drivers Cut Back on $4 Gas

Historically here gas prices are a bit higher in the summer. But this is not summer and already getting carried away. Not expecting fuel prices to slow down soon.

gas_demand.jpg

Still in the mid $3's in Northern Colorado, I remember a few years ago was worst outside vegas. Over $5

weve been at about ~4.20 for regular here for about 2 weeks now. ridiculous.

consider yourself lucky if your still in the mid 3 dollar range!

Have you heard that april vehicle sales figures are being released, and domestic automakers appear to have made out like bandits. Smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles drove sales increases as more individuals were willing to buy in spite of higher gas costs. That said, individuals elected not to buy hybrid models. Hybrid car sales were actually fairly flat. The proof is here: April car sales a huge boost for Detroit automakers.

Hope the fuel price is at the peak for the rest of 2011 ...

"Oil fell 8.6% on Thursday to $99.80 a barrel, the lowest closing price since mid-March." ... "Commodities prices tumbled on Thursday, led by the steepest oil-price decline in more than two years, triggering a selloff in stocks as well."

crude_down.jpg

"Tim Evans, an analyst at Citigroup's Citi Futures, said he doesn't expect oil's decline to translate right away into less expensive gasoline. But he said gas prices, which hit $3.96 per gallon on average Monday, may be at or near the peak for the year. U.S. oil prices have fallen for four consecutive days in the futures market, and are down 12.4% this week."

"The latest U.S. data shows gasoline appetite basically unchanged in February from a year earlier—a sign that expensive oil and gasoline were already eroding household budgets." And more at:

Commodity Prices Plunge

Gas still about $4 per gallon here. It may be at its peak and not go any higher this year. Will see, often gas is higher in the summer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope the fuel price is at the peak for the rest of 2011 ...

"Oil fell 8.6% on Thursday to $99.80 a barrel, the lowest closing price since mid-March." ... "Commodities prices tumbled on Thursday, led by the steepest oil-price decline in more than two years, triggering a selloff in stocks as well."

crude_down.jpg

"Tim Evans, an analyst at Citigroup's Citi Futures, said he doesn't expect oil's decline to translate right away into less expensive gasoline. But he said gas prices, which hit $3.96 per gallon on average Monday, may be at or near the peak for the year. U.S. oil prices have fallen for four consecutive days in the futures market, and are down 12.4% this week."

"The latest U.S. data shows gasoline appetite basically unchanged in February from a year earlier—a sign that expensive oil and gasoline were already eroding household budgets." And more at:

Commodity Prices Plunge

Gas still about $4 per gallon here. It may be at its peak and not go any higher this year. Will see, often gas is higher in the summer. </div></div>

In this letter(http://www.gmo.com/websitecontent/JGLetterALL_1Q11.pdf) to other investors this chief investor that's responsible for 109 billion dollar portfolio notes that the commodities market is filled with insane bubbles right now, which will ultimately collapse the commodities market and cause a reevaluation of commodities that make things like a gallon of gas go extremely higher in the future.

There will most certainly be a time when you remember paying 4$ a gallon for gas very fondly. Personally I expect that this summer or next will be the last year that the price goes back down after summer's end.

Barring technological marvels of course.

His conclusion:

The U.S. and every other country need a longer-term resource plan, especially for energy, and we need it now!
(Shorter-term views on the market and investment recommendations will be posted shortly.)

Funnily enough the EIAE responsible for the US long term resource plan has been largely defunded as of today and will no longer be providing such a service.

We're not a big long term planning country though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gesereL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you heard that april vehicle sales figures are being released, and domestic automakers appear to have made out like bandits. Smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles drove sales increases as more individuals were willing to buy in spite of higher gas costs. That said, individuals elected not to buy hybrid models. Hybrid car sales were actually fairly flat. The proof is here: April car sales a huge boost for Detroit automakers. </div></div>
Good information. Backing you up ... "recovering economy and high fuel prices spurred demand for small cars." "Overall, new-vehicles sales rose 18% to 1,157,794 cars and light trucks, according to researcher Autodata Corp. April's annualized sales were 13.2 million vehicles, up 900,000 from six months ago and nearly 2 million from a year ago.

411_auto_sales.jpg

GM's sales rose 27%, Hyundai's 40% and Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Group LLC also reported sizable increases." Toyota sales hurt by earthquake and more at:

Gas Prices Aid April Car Sales

ive had a prius for 3 years now. i laugh a little every time i go to the gas station (which isnt very often) fill my 10 gallon tank which covers me for the week, while i watch some guy next to me fil his 25 gallon oversized pick up or suv. when i need a truck or SUV i rent one for $35-$55 a day at Enterprise rent a car. beet the hell out of it and return it. hell with gas through the roof they have plenty to rent for cheap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... There will most certainly be a time when you remember paying 4$ a gallon for gas very fondly. Personally I expect that this summer or next will be the last year that the price goes back down after summer's end.

His conclusion: The U.S. and every other country need a longer-term resource plan, especially for energy, and we need it now! ...

We're not a big long term planning country though. </div></div>
Great information. Thank you for your insight and attachment. Hope wrong about the gas price going up in the summer and staying up - but could happen. The graph of world population was eye opening - more 'third world countries' with huge populations including China are getting into autos in a big way. Yes we need to be putting other transportation plans in place when this is not a long term planning country. Most banks & business is focused on what they make this quarter and next so investment for the long run is not often funded like it should be when needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... There will most certainly be a time when you remember paying 4$ a gallon for gas very fondly. Personally I expect that this summer or next will be the last year that the price goes back down after summer's end.

His conclusion: The U.S. and every other country need a longer-term resource plan, especially for energy, and we need it now! ...

We're not a big long term planning country though. </div></div>
Great information. Thank you for your insight and attachment. Hope wrong about the gas price going up in the summer and staying up - but could happen. The graph of world population was eye opening - more 'third world countries' with huge populations including China are getting into autos in a big way. Yes we need to be putting other transportation plans in place when this is not a long term planning country. Most banks & business is focused on what they make this quarter and next so investment for the long run is not often funded like it should be when needed.
</div></div>

All human beings can ever do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

If anything we're an exceptionally gifted species when it comes to adapting to changing living conditions. We always find a way to slog through some historically impossibly hard times. It'll happen again and we'll come through it again.

Best just to keep all these types of events in mind so you don't get caught out in the cold if the worst does come to be though in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gesereL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you heard that april vehicle sales figures are being released, and domestic automakers appear to have made out like bandits. Smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles drove sales increases as more individuals were willing to buy in spite of higher gas costs. That said, individuals elected not to buy hybrid models. Hybrid car sales were actually fairly flat. The proof is here: April car sales a huge boost for Detroit automakers. </div></div>
Good information. Backing you up ... "recovering economy and high fuel prices spurred demand for small cars." "Overall, new-vehicles sales rose 18% to 1,157,794 cars and light trucks, according to researcher Autodata Corp. April's annualized sales were 13.2 million vehicles, up 900,000 from six months ago and nearly 2 million from a year ago.

411_auto_sales.jpg

GM's sales rose 27%, Hyundai's 40% and Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Group LLC also reported sizable increases." Toyota sales hurt by earthquake and more at:

Gas Prices Aid April Car Sales
</div></div>
Don't look to close at that 27%. I work for them and the "gains" were from the BK and not having to pay the companies who REALLY make all those parts. Along with the HUGE tax exemptions they have been given. If someone gives you all the widgets it is easy to discount them below the company that still has to pay for them and sell them to the public. I am a pretty hard core GM guy along with Toyo but the ONLY company that seems to have done it the old fashioned American way has been Ford.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am a pretty hard core GM guy along with Toyo but the ONLY company that seems to have done it the old fashioned American way has been Ford. </div></div>

Ford has definitely shown themselves through all of this to be a prime example for responsibly managed companies there's no getting around that.

To be fair I think Toyota has done much the same though.

I believe the current gas prices are a direct result of the oil spill/lack of drilling in the gulf, and subsequent compensation paid out by BP. Well, somebody has to pay for all of that and it certainly won't be an oil company. I'd love to see those exec bonuses this year. Must be nice to trade in your Ferrari when the ash tray is full of Cuban cigar butts, LOL.

Regarding the management of Ford and Toyota, Toyota was one of the companies cited back in the late 80's when they did a study of CEO pay. I believe back then U.S. CEOs were making 20 - 25 times what the CEOs of Sony and Toyota were paid. It never ceases to amaze me how you can run a company or corporation into the ground, destroy people's lives, and not only get a golden parachute on the way out, but another job that pays equal or more.

Only $4
here $4.59.9

Being in the biz and working on Toyo and a lot of Lexus, (I taught all of the techs when at our new Lexus store in I think 1990 or so) The Toyo corp has had some growing pains as of late. I think the quality has somewhat peaked and everyone else has come up a ton. I will tell you who has come up the most is Kia and Hyundai. I am only saying in improvement not that they are the quality of Lexus, MB, etc. just that the improvement from what I have worked on just 10 years ago is huge.

I have a 25 gallon tank on my truck and nearly had a heart attack when it cost $90 to fill up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 25 gallon tank on my trunk and nearly had a heart attack when it cost $90 to fill up.</div></div> kind of makes ammunition seem cheap by comparision
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breachers Up</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummmm... yeah its time for me to buy a motorcycle. </div></div>

Been using a bike for my daily commute since I moved back to CA in '99. Gas is obviously cheaper since I'm only using 3 gallons per week, but you have to factor in lots of expensive tires, riding gear (helmets, jackets, boots, gloves, pants, rain gear, etc which all wears out over time especially when you're riding every day), some maintenance, etc. Then there is the increased chance of death from getting squashed by some inattentive soccer mom beating her kids while talking on the phone and doing 52 in the fast lane.

But yea, get a bike.
smile.gif

"U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has asked regulators to make sure fraud or manipulation doesn't prevent consumers from enjoying lower gas prices at the pump as the price of crude oil declines."

"Mr. Holder's interest in making sure declines in wholesale oil prices trickle down to consumers follows a dramatic drop in crude markets. On Thursday, the price of crude oil fell 8.6%, slipping below $100 for the first time since March."

"According to AAA, the average price of gasoline has climbed to $3.98 a gallon. The price has moved well above the $4-a-gallon threshold in many parts of the nation."

The article is at:

U.S. Acts to Prevent Fraud at Fuel Pumps

oil_tax_breaks.jpg
Still over $4 here for premium and have been paying $4.20 to $4.30 with regular unleaded also over $4 here now most everywhere. As oil companies and execs go to the bank when so many are struggling.

"With gas prices above $4 a gallon in much of the country, Democrats and Republicans are squaring off over whether to cut tax credits for oil companies enjoying a banner profit year." "Industry profits and tax credits to be focus of senate finance panel hearing". And more at:

Oil CEOs on the Hot Seat

This seems could be good news, "Against the backdrop of extremely volatile commodity prices, a steep decline in gasoline futures Wednesday led CME Group Inc. (CME) to temporarily freeze activity in three of its most heavily traded contracts on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Just past noon EDT, trading in crude oil, heating oil and gasoline futures was halted for five minutes after gasoline fell to its daily 25 cent price limit, which triggered circuit breakers on the exchange's trading platform. The last halt in oil trading occurred in September 2008." And more at:

Rare Halt In Oil Trading Sparks Selloff In Stocks, Commodities