• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Palmetto State Armory Contact

Ghost1941

Resident Gun Guy
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2009
Michigan
Greetings,

I'm trying to see if anybody has a way to contact Palmetto State Armory, aside from the bullshit phone number they put on their website that is always "busy" and the email that they never reply to.

I "liked" them on Facebook and posted on their wall that I had yet to receive my order and that they refuse to contact me, so they deleted my post and now I can't post on the page.

I understand they may be under heavy pressure for shipping and sales, but there is no excuse to at the very least let me know where my stuff is. I ordered the stuff over a month ago, before the shit that happened recently, so don't try to tell me that they're swamped because of that.

Thanks.

Re: Palmetto State Armory Contact

Did you sign up for an account when you paid? I did and would check back from time to time. Seemed to be up to date. My order, a black friday deal, took about 2.5 weeks longer than usual.

Thank you for the response.

I did sign up for an account. The status was and has been "Processing". May I inquire as to what you ordered? Mine were just stripped uppers and lowers, I see no reason for a delay? Guys have had uppers built from black friday sales and shipped already from what I'm seeing.

I ordered an upper on 11/21 and it shipped on 12/18. I read PSA can be notoriously slow, however.

I got a hold to them a couple weeks ago about a pistol I ordered and they told me they were in the middle of upgrading the phones. The guy told me they were so swamped that they were 2-3 week behind. My pistol showed up today.

I have ordered from them several times. The communication is always lacking and the shipping seems slow but I have always gotten what I ordered in good condition. When I have contacted them it was by email and generally got a reply in 24-36 hours.

I think PSA is on the decline. People everywhere are pissed with their service lately. I ordered 2 stripped uppers (arrived in a reasonable time) that came in soo damn scratched up that I would never consider putting them on a non-painted rifle. They were packed in a huge box right next to eachother with no paper separating them, so they just scratched the shit out of eachother in transit. Fucking stupid.

I'm just hoping they ship the things before these prices get crazy and everybody starts scalping people on the price even more than they are now.

I know on 68forums.com they have their own section that they check and respond to.

But they are slow from high volume.

PSA has an industry forum in AR15.com
You may have some luck trying to contact them there.

I ordered a few items on Black Friday and just received an email from them yesterday (Friday) that my item has shipped. Looking at tracking info...the item will be delivered on Jan. 2. Before the email, my account said that transaction was "processing" the whole time.

What did you order?

Did you try the number listed in the Yellow Pages?
(803) 760-4004

Don't they make the least expensive AR that checks all the boxes on the "milspec list"? If I needed another AR and the above were the case, their pricing alone is pretty attractive. However, the QS and QC concerns I've been seeing come out of there reminds a bit of what happened over at bushmaster a few years back.

They provide a good product at a good price, and aren't growing fast enough to keep up with demand. Even before the latest lunacy, it was nearly impossible to get an employees attention in their stores. They'll catch up, or people will turn to someone who can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They provide a good product at a good price, and aren't growing fast enough to keep up with demand. Even before the latest lunacy, it was nearly impossible to get an employees attention in their stores. They'll catch up, or <span style="font-weight: bold">people will turn to someone who can.</span> </div></div>
I dislike poor customer service and wont support it. I know everyone is scrambling for any parts they can get now, but I would rather take my chances with a distributor that has a good customer service reputation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Original_Copy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PSA has an industry forum in AR15.com
You may have some luck trying to contact them there.

I ordered a few items on Black Friday and just received an email from them yesterday (Friday) that my item has shipped. Looking at tracking info...the item will be delivered on Jan. 2. Before the email, my account said that transaction was "processing" the whole time.

What did you order? </div></div>

Stripped lower and a stripped upper. I've seen people that ordered "custom built uppers" on the same day as you and they have already received them.

They do have good prices and I've seen and handled some of their rifles. I even emailed them before ordering and I received an immediate response. These combination led me to order from them. However, it seems once they have your money in hand their customer service is sub par.

I didn't think it would take a month + to drop my upper and lower in a box to my ffl?

As for the ar15.com website, I saw that. However, I won't create an account on there. They don't accept hotmail, yahoo, or gmail accounts and I'm not giving an online corporate website my .mil address for them to spam with junk mail. The Army spams it with enough junk as is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you try the number listed in the Yellow Pages?
(803) 760-4004 </div></div>

No I didn't. Thank you for that number. I will contact them via this on Wednesday.

I only had these two:

No contact info but I can vouch for them being damn slow...

Was told by a Friend who put money on one yesterday that Turners outdoors is expecting 2,000 stripped lowers to be delivered today. Turners has many stores but that seems like a pretty big order. Maybe that is the slowdown, that is a pretty big'n

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was told by a Friend who put money on one yesterday that Turners outdoors is expecting 2,000 stripped lowers to be delivered today. Turners has many stores but that seems like a pretty big order. Maybe that is the slowdown, that is a pretty big'n </div></div>

Possibly. However, I recall reading somewhere that they only take orders on items they have in stock. IF they don't have it, typically they will list it as out of stock and not accept/process orders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ghost,
Just to update; my upper arrived as promised and as ordered. </div></div>

Good news. I'm guessing they're just really backed up then. Just wish they would put out an email or answer their phone to ensure people know.

Enjoy that upper!

So I ordered a lower build kit from them on 12/11 and I actually received it 12/24. It took them a week to ship which I thought wasn't too bad. The only problem was they didn't ship me a build kit, they only shipped me a lower parts kit. I'm missing the butt stock and entire buffer tube assembly. I have tried calling them for the last 2 days and their number is always busy. I emailed them and I got a reply that they would get back to me within 4 business days. I just hope they have my shit in stock when they do get around to getting back to me. Definitely worst customer service I've had in a really long time.

Their CS is why I won't order from PSA again. I will say that I finally received my order as well, but there was no estimate, no email, and no service.

Phone calls went unanswered, and you can't even stay on hold. I figured they must be busy, so I just kept redialing. I did this about 10 times, and then the phone picked up, and was immediately hung up. My next call got a "off hook" tone and stayed that way.

I asked them about this on their Facebook page, and the post was removed and I was blocked. Lots of others were there complaining about no responses from them and posts being removed as well, so they actually have no customer "service" at all.

I finally got a reply through email, and it was a canned response and did not answer the questions I asked. Like I said, lots of places to shop and I'll be looking elsewhere. Hope you get your items soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost1941</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for the ar15.com website, I saw that. However, I won't create an account on there. They don't accept hotmail, yahoo, or gmail accounts and I'm not giving an online corporate website my .mil address for them to spam with junk mail. The Army spams it with enough junk as is.
</div></div>

I've been a member there for years and have never received spam.

I also have my gmail as my email on there, so maybe you're doing it wrong. *shrug*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost1941</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I've been a member there for years and have never received spam.

I also have my gmail as my email on there, so maybe you're doing it wrong. *shrug* </div></div>

Private email is required for account activation only... Afterwards you can change the email setting to whatever one you want.

*Edit*
I'm waiting for an upper, LPK, and buffer tube kit as well... I too ordered "In-stock" items before the "panic" swept over... we'll see

Just received an email stating it was shipped via ups yesterday and that I can expect it to arrive on the second. They're just really slow with their replies it seems.

IMO... they should hire some additional employees, even if it's just for a short period of time to compensate for the huge purchase orders they're taking.

Just my .02. I doubt I'll order from them again.

If there is anything wrong with these things I'm going to be a mighty pissed off customer.

I finally got in touch with someone from customer service and they mentioned that they would ship the rest of my order "as soon as they can". When I asked them when that was, they didn't have an answer.

Look I wasn't trying to place a new order, I was just looking to have them correct my order and they didn't know when it was going to ship. Worst customer service I've experienced in a really long time. I definitely will not be ordering from them again.

Yea. I received my order on the third. Luckily, they were all in good shape. I was happy with the end result and I suppose two months during the holidays isn't "too extreme".