• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pants for shooting matches?

Just something to think about. Top end hunting pants are made not only to offer comfort and some protection BUT mostly to be quiet.

I like my hunting pants from KUIU or Sitka, but are just not nearly as robust as pants like UF Pros

One the crazy robust side you have the work stuff, meant to last over comfort or noise, no comparison in comfort to the above.

I think just like scopes or spotters - You have the cheap and I can make it work to the damn this is nice.. Good better best.. Funny some might spend 6-10k on a match rifle maybe 2K+ on the binos, a silly $500 wind meter that might stay in the pack (add the actual minutes you really use these during the match) and bitch about the cost of pants thats on your body all freaking day.

Not that I need to defend myself, but played rugby for years and I shot plenty of matches over the last few years... I've been a MD, a shooter, once I was late enough I was a spectator. Most days I am wearing Carhart work pants, really hot days I've got a pair of Day on the Fly pant from Duluth trading.
If someone wears Crye pants to a match because they wear those for work and carry a rifle for a living, that’s fine. If someone wears them because they want to and they’re okay with paying for them, that’s fine too!

I just wear what’s seasonally appropriate, as I’ve not felt the need for anything else.

Dude, I gotchu! Your problems are solved! They make yoga pants with built in kneepads!

ff794f250931843ed81684a09333a273.jpg

Not that I need to defend myself, but ...

Didn't you just do that? :geek:

3f2.jpeg

But do your Carhartts have a hammer strap? It's a great place for your night stick or mace. Are my Duluth w/ inserted knee pads more or less mall Ninjy than your Carhartts?;)

Just something to think about. Top end hunting pants are made not only to offer comfort and some protection BUT mostly to be quiet.

I like my hunting pants from KUIU or Sitka, but are just not nearly as robust as pants like UF Pros

One the crazy robust side you have the work stuff, meant to last over comfort or noise, no comparison in comfort to the above.

I think just like scopes or spotters - You have the cheap and I can make it work to the damn this is nice.. Good better best.. Funny some might spend 6-10k on a match rifle maybe 2K+ on the binos, a silly $500 wind meter that might stay in the pack (add the actual minutes you really use these during the match) and bitch about the cost of pants thats on your body all freaking day.
I will agree with all of this, but I’ll also say I’m amazed at how abrasion/tear resistant my Sitka Ascent pants were.

Kuhl Radikls

Wear Radicals daily in Summer. Along with some other Kuhl pants. Wear the flannel lined Hot Rydrs all Winter long. My chicken legs get cold easily. :)

Dude, I gotchu! Your problems are solved! They make yoga pants with built in kneepads!

We have a WINNER! I'll able to really stretch and reach on those obstacles now! And my ass will look phenomenal. Will distract the competition for sure. :geek:

Reactions: Diver160651
For those of you that wear the UF Pro pants, are they true to size and what knee pads work the best for gravel, the 3D tactical, or the solid version? Seeing more gravel on stages and I have nerve damage in my right knee.
I have the p-40 they don’t have any padding. I use the old version of the 3D tactical. They smooth out the bangs and the gravel.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I have the p-40 they don’t have any padding. I use the old version of the 3D tactical. They smooth out the bangs and the gravel.

Yeah. The P-40's have no knee pads or inserts, but they are still quite comfortable and durable. My only gripe with the P-40's is that the rise is pretty short for anyone who is tall or has a long torso (taking a piss without completely unbuttoning is a challenge due to the short zipper, caused be the shorter rise of the trousers. This was addressed in the XT's/HT's.)

@Jefe's Dope have you ever been to 1 Shot Gear in Englewood? They’re a high end hunting store and sell Sitka clothing if you wanted to check any of those out.

They’re also a Nightforce, Swaro, Leica, Zeiss dealer.

F3FED415-3C5E-460D-B59F-6619E9439FA5.jpeg

Yeah. The P-40's have no knee pads or inserts, but they are still quite comfortable and durable. My only gripe with the P-40's is that the rise is pretty short for anyone who is tall or has a long torso (taking a piss without completely unbuttoning is a challenge due to the short zipper, caused be the shorter rise of the trousers. This was addressed in the XT's/HT's.)

The P40 All Terrain have the external knee pad pockets. I just ordered the Striker XT Gen 2 that are on sale for $119.40 and some of the soft knee pads. The frost grey are the only ones on sale, but color doesn't matter much to me.

@Jefe's Dope have you ever been to 1 Shot Gear in Englewood? They’re a high end hunting store and sell Sitka clothing if you wanted to check any of those out.

They’re also a Nightforce, Swaro, Leica, Zeiss dealer.

View attachment 7242155

Have not. But thanks a lot for filling me in. I'll go check them out. (y)

Reactions: JC0352
The P40 All Terrain have the external knee pad pockets. I just ordered the Striker XT Gen 2 that are on sale for $119.40 and some of the soft knee pads. The frost grey are the only ones on sale, but color doesn't matter much to me.

Damn where did you find them on sale? I’d pick some up

UF Pro had them on sale on their website. It was in their e-mail flyer as well. IIRC, it ran starting around Christmas time...

Just checked, the frost grey are still showing at 98 Euros...(and I think VAT gets pulled form US orders during the checkout process).

Just toggle the appropriate color for the corresponding price.

Some of us wear work pants all day long on a hot ass range and don't bitch about comfort.

It's basic dude stuff

Some of us wear work pants all day long on a hot ass range and don't bitch about comfort.

It's basic dude stuff
And some of us wear comfortable stuff to avoid your...curt...demeanor. LOL! :D Not all of us enjoy being curmudgeons because we're uncomfortable. Okay, well, sometimes it's enjoyable to have an excuse to get grumpy, but you get my drift...

carpenter's knee pads are in my match bag. i have never used them in a match though.

I like Prana Zion/Brion pants. i get them usually around $79 but i haven't bought new ones in almost 2 years. very comfortable. definitely need layers if in the cold though, they don't offer much wind resistance. They are great all-around outdoor pants. hiking, yard work, shooting, golfing, camping. They hold up well, clean up nice and dry quickly.

You know that kid in your class. The one that wore shorts everyday no matter what, summer winter spring and fall. That was me, some good genuine dickies shorts last very well, not the wal-mart spec ones. Then, when you strip your knee pads off, you wont have a sweat ring on your pants. Get a pair of these if its too cold for you.

1580999008444.png

You know that kid in your class. The one that wore shorts everyday no matter what, summer winter spring and fall. That was me, some good genuine dickies shorts last very well, not the wal-mart spec ones. Then, when you strip your knee pads off, you wont have a sweat ring on your pants. Get a pair of these if its too cold for you.

Yeah I was that kid too.... growing up in Edmonton taught me to be a man while waiting for the bus.

Reactions: supercorndogs
Yeah I was that kid too.... growing up in Edmonton taught me to be a man while waiting for the bus.

ITs fun going to Vegas at christmas and laughing at everyone who is shivering wearing coats when its 40 degrees outside. I saw a guy there last year, wearing shorts, sandals, and an Edmonton Oilers jersey. That you?!? ? ? ?

like the idea of a kilts even if you miss the target you can still flip it off with class

@1moaoff ‘s avatar is an actual image of me from my last shoot.
Hold on! If you cant post yourself in the hot wives and girlfriends thread and get an A+ RATING then I'm changing avatars again...

I feel so dirty! Me thinks corprin is male. Now when I see my own avatar I will feel sick...
BB8C3F30-BC90-463A-A694-46CA1399080A.jpeg

Now I feel better.

Well I just got back from a wastewater conference in denver to find that my Mascot pants showed up! These things are sweet. Even after one day I feel confident recommending them. And shipping wasn't all that slow. Triple stitched and feel very tough but not heavy. Needed to trim the knee pads but that was expected. Belt loops have plenty of space for larger belts and will hold what you need.