• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Parallax reticle movement

DLS

Venatic
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2018
In the right lane
I noticed something yesterday when shooting my 6mm Creedmoor. I was fine tuning my parallax on a 200 yd target and once it got about right I was going back and forth in small moves and noticed each time I moved it either way the reticle moved slight up and then back down about a .1 mil and I did this several times always the same?
This Is a 22lb rifle on bipod so it wasn’t the rifle moving and I shot a 20 shot group that was .800 MOA in a 9oclock up and down wind so doesn’t seem to be loose scope mount.
I have a couple of these same scopes so will check the other one next trip to range but thought I would pose the question here.

Adjusting your parallax is supposed to minimize reticle movement, instead of fine tuning as to focus try fine tuning until movement is gone.

I am not explaining it very well I guess. It’s like my reticle jumps up and down ……not side to side or like I am moving my head around to see if parallax is gone just straight up then drops back into place…. Maybe this is normal but I have never noticed it happening on the other scopes I have sighted in or owned.

so you think the parallax adjustment is "jumping" or something? does it do that at longer ranges (a different part of the adjustment range)?
i have not seen the reticle move or jump while trying to adjust focus with my head still.