• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Parts part II completion

RMPSTRAT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Finally got time to finish one. Now it's on to others. Rifle with the sling is mine that I finished a couple of years ago. The other is for a customer

Re: Parts part II completion

Looks like very nice work. Are you accepting project orders? Do you have a company? If so then those rifles are a great ad plug for future work.

I've got a shop in Marina CA, if you have a project in mind let me know. I'm a general smith and about the only one in 3 counties so I am busy especially for a 1 to 2 man shop. I've done work for a few local members here on the hide, hopefully they'll vouch for me. LOL
Specs on the rifles are:
Mine (with sling) 40X action that I picked up yrs ago, unknown CM barrel that was on the action, pulled it off set back a turn, re-cut chamber etc.
Other rifle,(that's going to penqyn here on the hide) 6 digit action, clipslotted in house, Douglas 1:12 SS #7 barrel M852 cut chamber, bolt face trued along with lugs. ADL box shortened and screwed to receiver(will weld per request on the A1 builds) one thing that is not spec is the lack of taper to the recoil lug. Graphite black Cerakote, bedded in Marine Tex. Test firing and break in is tomorrow

Those M40A1s look good, Ray.

I will contact you to inquire about getting a build done...

Thanks for all of the compliments, it's appreciated.
Took it out to the range this morning to see what it's going to do and this was the best group with me being in a relaxed mode before all of the yAhoos showed up slinging brass with their California AR builds. All of the rest of the groups were respectable hovering between 1/2 and 3/4" but this one I was stoked about. I just have to go out there when it's quiet and I can concentrate bitch bitch bitch.LOL
url]

I'm torn between an A1 or an A3 or possibly a pre-Mk13 Navy 300winmag. When I decide and get the funds I might have to give you a call. The cost of the MST and S&B are both dampering a Marine rifle build though that's probably the direction I'd go when I have the money to do so.

Wow I jizzed when I saw one.. You almost gave me a heart attack seeing 2..