• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Patriot Arms 260 "preliminary" range report

gtofan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I say "preliminary" only because I have yet to hit anything beyond 200 yds, Jered is probably wondering why I haven't shot the barrel out yet
smile.gif

Child # 2 came and there hasn't been much time to work up any loads but I was able to get a good load for the 123 scenar this weekend. Was using a good 1/2 MOA recipe for 200 yd score but still needed some tweaking, just been trying to learn the wind.

The wind was rollin pretty good at times but @ 100 yds it wasn't too much of a hinderance. Started low at 41 gr and went to 44, ended up with 42 grains of IMR 4831 and a .020 jump.

Starting with the worst, all shots were using a front rest and a rear bag, no bipod. Shot two 5-shot groups per load to verify any flukes.

This was at 43.5 gr and was starting to open up, later groups were about the same. Wind constantly pushed to the left and it never shoots this bad but had to count the flyer
blush.gif

All are 5-shots

DSC_6644.jpg

Starting at 41 gr
DSC_6638.jpg

41.5 gr

DSC_6632.jpg

42 gr for both groups, needless to say I stuck with it.

DSC_6641.jpg

DSC_6643.jpg

Should have done this last spring but the kids took precedence. Now that I have some more free time i'll stretch it's legs and finish this report.

Thank you PAI for some exceptional work.

Re: Patriot Arms 260 "preliminary" range report

Very nice bro!! Very common with PAI stuff I think I have about 10 or 12 PAI's now and all of them shoot that way. It would be nice to see pic's of the boom stick that put the holes in that tree skin.

Re: Patriot Arms 260 "preliminary" range report

Sorry bout that.

DSC_365600034355318.jpg