• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Patriot Valley Arms 6.5 Creedmoor barrel in!

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
Wanted to thanks Josh at PVA for another fine job. I had him do another 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for me a few years back when it was more of his hobby than work and now have a barrel from the actual business. Specs:

27" Bartlein
8 twist
Med Palma contour
.165 freebore chamber
PVA Jet Blast brake

I would pop my other barrel off and go and shoot it if I didn't have another match this coming up weekend but will let you know how it shoots in a few weeks. I am lucky enough to be the first laser engraved barrel from PVA as Josh just got his new laser engraver last Monday. Engraving came out great and I took some pics but I am no photographer with my old iPhone 5 so don't hold my pics against him ;)

Thanks Josh for another excellent job.

8l4nX3G.jpg

k1uhr2y.jpg

MPN7rEm.jpg

xrb4KFx.jpg

BV0t6Cd.jpg

h8hmbos.jpg

Last edited:
.169 freebore? Are you switching projectiles?

Nope same ELDs both 140 and 147s. With the 140 ELDs I am at the lands at 2.870" in my .199 freebore SAAMI chambers so .020" off where I like to load them I am at 2.850". Factory ammo shoots great here too. With the 147s I am in the lands at 2.890" OAL so I load them at 2.860" so they easily fit in mags. Factory ammo jumping .090" but shoots great as I am sure you have seen my 650 yard group.

I wanted to try something different and move the freebore closer and see what happens. With the factory ammo it won't hurt and with loading I can load shorter OAL to stay at .020" off the lands. That's the only reason for the shorter freebore this time out.

I have never been disappointed with anything from Josh. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Reactions: Rob01