• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns PCC/Sub-Guns...show em

Was not into 9’s but after looking here I’m getting on. Everybody’s rigs looked great and I’m jealous

Reactions: 5RWill
Was not into 9’s but after looking here I’m getting on. Everybody’s rigs looked great and I’m jealous

Don't do it...there is no intervention only substance abuse lol. I always thought they were meh. I was like "why TF would i go to a 9mm when i can get 5.56 so cheap and have ARs etc." But they're so incredibly fun, quiet suppressed & short, and most of all you can shoot steel close.

Reactions: rolin808
9mm DIAS host, pic is from before I made the suppressor.

8482FCFB-20BE-405F-9725-C1EBA69C6E46.jpeg

Baddest 6 year old around, full auto at night. :cool:
238C643A-915F-4F57-8636-203169FA23A7.jpeg

I just picked the top one up as a package deal from @Adam B and I really only bought it because it came with a 8” barrel in the package which is unobtanium, but in reality I think I bought something I didn’t know I needed. With the Surefire can on the 4.5” barrel and the Lancer 10” rail it’s like a 4’10” 90lbs chick that you can bang all night in the next room over from her parents without her dad looking at you funny over breakfast the next morning.

MPX-SD?

Now I need to decide on an optic.

Reactions: Adam B and geek65
Does anyone know where to find 9mm ammo at a decent price
I wouldn't call it decent, compared to a few months ago, but targetsportsusa has Wolf steel case 115 for .20 and free shipping if you buy a case. That's the best price I've seen.

Reactions: 5RWill
I wouldn't call it decent, compared to a few months ago, but targetsportsusa has Wolf steel case 115 for .20 and free shipping if you buy a case. That's the best price I've seen.

I ordered 1000rds of blazer brass from sportsman’s guide for $180 to my door but apparently they have terrible reviews. So idk if that will ever come through. Does wolf run?

Also holosun came in two days early.
577321AC-E6D1-4B7A-A2B0-4048E568E3EF.jpeg

I ordered 1000rds of blazer brass from sportsman’s guide for $180 to my door but apparently they have terrible reviews. So idk if that will ever come through. Does wolf run?

Also holosun came in two days early.
View attachment 7327870
I've only ordered ammo from Sportsman's Guide one time; It came but shipping was really slow. They don't show the Blazer as being in stock, so good luck.

I've never used the Wolf 9mm, so i can't comment. Fortunately I have a few thousand rounds of Blazer and I'm hoping things get back to normal before I run out.

Ammo for your 9 is all about calling Dillon! Bayou 105 and 5.4 gr of VV 340. You will thank me later. 😀
And I would have put a pic up, but it’s just a JP, nothing special.

Ammo for your 9 is all about calling Dillon! Bayou 105 and 5.4 gr of VV 340. You will thank me later. 😀
And I would have put a pic up, but it’s just a JP, nothing special.
I was literally typing out something about buying a Dillon 650/750 setup, but decided not to be the Blue KoolAid guy...
Glad someone else took up that mantle. 😂

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Sad part is i have a 550 but don’t have a caliber conversion kit for 9mm. Got it with 40 because i was shooting limited at the time. That’s what i need to do though

Was expecting more Scorpions on here. Would love to get a SP5 or SMG45 or Vector 10mm...I like pcc's...I've got a problem...
20200520_070722.jpg

Reactions: geek65
I went with an Angsdat Arms UDP-9i and it’s been a lot of fun. It’s easy to go through a whole bunch of ammo in an afternoon with it.

Attachments

• 55ECDD29-C0E8-472B-8B4B-CCFC111248AB.jpeg
    55ECDD29-C0E8-472B-8B4B-CCFC111248AB.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 55
Picked up a gen1, can should be here this month. Going to get the barrel chopped from 8 to 6/6.5” assuming my can clears the hand guards

Attachments

• FF54DE67-DB19-46F8-ACC1-F3A6FCE05794.jpeg
    FF54DE67-DB19-46F8-ACC1-F3A6FCE05794.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: deepsea
Sig MPX 9mm sbr’d. Wasn’t really interested in 9mm, waiting on the 357 Sig barrels...still waiting
🤨🤨🤨

Attachments

• 64BCC94A-581E-4BE1-AC1B-EE667E0057FD.jpeg
    64BCC94A-581E-4BE1-AC1B-EE667E0057FD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
Reactions: Anb618
Noveske 300 Blk and fiveSeven sbr
A man’s got to have options

Attachments

• 635F9E45-D43F-4BBB-B0F3-9A180A057E08.jpeg
    635F9E45-D43F-4BBB-B0F3-9A180A057E08.jpeg
    891.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 7BA58CDF-C12D-4BB4-8DCA-90FBEE147662.jpeg
    7BA58CDF-C12D-4BB4-8DCA-90FBEE147662.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Hopefully the pic loads........................

Basic blowback 9mm, Joe Bob lower/upper, Faxon barrel, C More dot, I use ETS mags.

Nasty rumors about how blowback pcc's can't compete with an MPX are BULLSHIT! I shoot at least one, on a good month 3 matches a month, this gun has at least 6000 rounds through it.

If you understand buffer systems and have the talent to load 9mm, a blowback gun will shoot just as soft as an MPX. How do I know? My USPSA shooting bro shoots an MPX, and I have shot it many times. Can I load factory Blaser Brass like he can and get the same result, no. With my hand loads at about 127PF, through a 16" barrel, you can't tell the difference.

No need to spend Sig money, build a nice PCC and tune it!

Attachments

• pcc.jpg
    pcc.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 63
Top down
HK MP5 K SD
Glock 17 with fun switch in a roni. super fun gun
CZ Scorpion SBR integrally suppressed, binary trigger awesome with a 50 round drum
Honey badger
Lined up for size comparison

20200610_175329.jpg

Here’s my PCC build. Use it mostly for the occasional USPSA and Steel match.

Attachments

• E70630F3-308B-4D8A-BD2C-5F3322247946.jpeg
    E70630F3-308B-4D8A-BD2C-5F3322247946.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Fuck me for wanting a 8” MPX after they are discontinued. Between Covid and a discontinued item people are delusional on their asking prices

Fuck me for wanting a 8” MPX after they are discontinued. Between Covid and a discontinued item people are delusional on their asking prices
You mean something like this? It’s an SBR BTW, tax stamp and engraved lower. I run this in tactical competitions set up by a couple of retired FBI agents at a local range.
21A674E4-DBD8-4C7D-864F-F0B1E6B45BE3.jpeg

And not for sale.

Last edited:

I've noticed the same thing for any MPX variant these days. I have honestly considered letting go of mine in order to fund another project, just seems like a good time to flip it because it was an expensive gun to begin with and, just like you said: guys are buying/selling them at ridiculous prices. I bought 2 and tricked them out for USPSA PCC division when getting back into matches again after a ~5 year break... but since getting back into it I mostly shoot pistols again in USPSA now (I sold the one I ran hard to a buddy right before the pandemic actually, kept the identical back-up).

I wouldn't gouge anybody, but I would be ok with getting almost every last cent I put into it though with a clear conscience, and whomever bought it would still probably feel like they got a steal. I mean 41rd MPX mags were ~$100+ in the "good times" pre-covid, and I've got 6, plus it already has a Hiperfire, Raptor, better furniture, magwell, you know, a list of all the shit one might want for an MPX but that is also tough to track down or backordered forever...

Problem is, then I go shoot it.

I don't even want to think about what the current dollar amount number would be of 9mm that I can get rid of with that thing in like 5 minutes.

It's so fucking fun, I can't sell it yet. Smile and laugh inducing shredding machine every time. I've handed it to total grizzled, grumpy retired assholes who are never happy about anything, and they laugh like little girls as they're knocking down steel at warp speed. Everyone should have one.

Did I mention I hate Sig? I hate Sig, because since the early 2000's they use us to beta test their shit and they make us pay top dollar for the privilege. I'll skip over the pistols that go off by themselves. But, how the MPX works is cool, I really do wish it wasn't proprietary to Sig. If the design was "public domain" (or whatever you call what the AR design is considered) the short-gas-piston design could be even better and cheaper (probably would be just fine for Sig too).

Gun-nerd time: the weird/cool thing about the short-gas-piston (and roller-delayed too, like an MP5) vs a blowback gun if you haven't shot one, is they "eat" the recoil inside the gun, the action soaks it up. It has a really cool feel to it. All PCC's are fun because there's no concussion or blast like an AR has when you run one the same way, most don't realize it, but most AR9's kick more than an AR. Even with the really fast blowback guns, you have to load and tune your ammo (usually fast and light) to your gun and use a comp/brake sort of like a 2-handed Open gun, and even then that's to try to get the dot to track best for you, not so much for recoil feel. The MPX is just different, weirdly it loves hot factory ammo, it's almost strange at first how super soft shooting it is without doing anything. But if you reload, things can get ridiculous soft (as long as you don't go too soft to make it unreliable). I can run my USPSA pistol bunny-fart ammo (~130pf out of a Shadow) through it in the summer and it's absolutely stupid, but it chokes every mag in the colder weather unless I feed it hotter stuff, that's just how it works (lower temps, lower pressure, gamer rounds no bueno).

IDK, even if I sold it for top dollar, I don't think I could buy anything that would be the same amount of fun. I suppose I could put together a super-fun blowback rat (ala Max Leograndis type build) for a lot less money that would be almost as fun, but the thing with the MPX is that it's just on another level sort of: you can just crank out rounds like a buzzsaw, somehow it's better than full-auto, the dot doesn't move. It's so fun that I'm afraid if I get rid of it I'll regret it later, so it stays (for now).

TLDR: Yes, a lot of those guys are price-gouging assholes, but I'd like to think some of those guys are like "this is what it'd take..."

Don't get ripped off though, you'll find something fair sooner or later.

Last edited:
I've noticed the same thing for any MPX variant these days. I have honestly considered letting go of mine in order to fund another project, just seems like a good time to flip it because it was an expensive gun to begin with and, just like you said: guys are buying/selling them at ridiculous prices. I bought 2 and tricked them out for USPSA PCC division when getting back into matches again after a ~5 year break... but since getting back into it I mostly shoot pistols again in USPSA now (I sold the one I ran hard to a buddy right before the pandemic actually, kept the identical back-up).

I wouldn't gouge anybody, but I would be ok with getting almost every last cent I put into it though with a clear conscience, and whomever bought it would still probably feel like they got a steal. I mean 41rd MPX mags were ~$100+ in the "good times" pre-covid, and I've got 6, plus it already has a Hiperfire, Raptor, better furniture, magwell, you know, a list of all the shit one might want for an MPX but that is also tough to track down or backordered forever...

Problem is, then I go shoot it.

I don't even want to think about what the current dollar amount number would be of 9mm that I can get rid of with that thing in like 5 minutes.

It's so fucking fun, I can't sell it yet. Smile and laugh inducing shredding machine every time. I've handed it to total grizzled, grumpy retired assholes who are never happy about anything, and they laugh like little girls as they're knocking down steel at warp speed. Everyone should have one.

Did I mention I hate Sig? I hate Sig, because since the early 2000's they use us to beta test their shit and they make us pay top dollar for the privilege. I'll skip over the pistols that go off by themselves. But, how the MPX works is cool, I really do wish it wasn't proprietary to Sig. If the design was "public domain" (or whatever you call what the AR design is considered) the short-gas-piston design could be even better and cheaper (probably would be just fine for Sig too).

Gun-nerd time: the weird/cool thing about the short-gas-piston (and roller-delayed too, like an MP5) vs a blowback gun if you haven't shot one, is they "eat" the recoil inside the gun, the action soaks it up. It has a really cool feel to it. All PCC's are fun because there's no concussion or blast like an AR has when you run one the same way, most don't realize it, but most AR9's kick more than an AR. Even with the really fast blowback guns, you have to load and tune your ammo (usually fast and light) to your gun and use a comp/brake sort of like a 2-handed Open gun, and even then that's to try to get the dot to track best for you, not so much for recoil feel. The MPX is just different, weirdly it loves hot factory ammo, it's almost strange at first how super soft shooting it is without doing anything. But if you reload, things can get ridiculous soft (as long as you don't go too soft to make it unreliable). I can run my USPSA pistol bunny-fart ammo (~130pf out of a Shadow) through it in the summer and it's absolutely stupid, but it chokes every mag in the colder weather unless I feed it hotter stuff, that's just how it works (lower temps, lower pressure, gamer rounds no bueno).

IDK, even if I sold it for top dollar, I don't think I could buy anything that would be the same amount of fun. I suppose I could put together a super-fun blowback rat (ala Max Leograndis type build) for a lot less money that would be almost as fun, but the thing with the MPX is that it's just on another level sort of: you can just crank out rounds like a buzzsaw, somehow it's better than full-auto, the dot doesn't move. It's so fun that I'm afraid if I get rid of it I'll regret it later, so it stays (for now).

TLDR: Yes, a lot of those guys are price-gouging assholes, but I'd like to think some of those guys are like "this is what it'd take..."

Don't get ripped off though, you'll find something fair sooner or later.
I owned an m1 garand when i was younger. Paid 500 bucks for it in a gunshop. This was early 2000's. I traded it for a porche 924 then, wish i had been smart and kept it. Same time period i saw a dragonof for like 300, and didnt buy it. I kick myself all the time for both of those guns. Most guns gain in value over time.

I owned an m1 garand when i was younger. Paid 500 bucks for it in a gunshop. This was early 2000's. I traded it for a porche 924 then, wish i had been smart and kept it. Same time period i saw a dragonof for like 300, and didnt buy it. I kick myself all the time for both of those guns. Most guns gain in value over time.

Yeah some of them do increase in value for sure, but I shoot mine too much to make any real money off flipping any of them I think (usually). Plus, kind of depends on what's going on: I used to tell people who were looking for their first "real" pistol/CCW piece to just get a Glock 9mm (especially if they were looking at something any cheaper) and would say "besides, if you ever need 4-500 bucks quick for some reason, it's like money in the bank", but a couple months ago (maybe still IDK) a basic Glock was going for 8-900 bucks, crazy.

Really the only one I regret was a barely shot plum H&K P7M13 I came across sometime around 2005 I think... dude who owned the shop had no idea what it was (even then), and had it going for $1000 IIRC with original box and 3 like-new mags.... I'm a fucking idiot for passing on that one, think I had just started my 1911 phase or something... ;-(

The other side of the coin is: some of them depreciate like driving a new car off the lot (it's pretty much impossible to get what you paid new out of a Wilson/Nighthawk/Baer or anything Knight's Armament Co/Giessele). When purchasing a "name" or something extra fancy/custom, one has to be careful, if you go there I'd say don't do it unless you really want it and plan on keeping it, and then there are some where they were never worth what they cost in the first place (thinking of a long list of like 10 Gucci-Glock makers' guns).

Last edited:
I've had no issues with mine. Can even hit 8" plates at 200m consistently.
I put an order in for one through a distributor. LWRC stated they will begin production of them in about 3 to 4 weeks. So hopefully I get one quickly.

Last edited: