• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns PCC/Sub-Guns...show em

AKV

Attachments

• 1CF94C2C-416C-46C0-A8A9-9D651A00EFEF.jpeg
    1CF94C2C-416C-46C0-A8A9-9D651A00EFEF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: Anb618
I love my PCC so much it inspired me to try USPSA for the first time. The two matches I've shot thus far with it:

So........................You caught the bug, now you're in.

When are you heading north with it?????????????????????????

So........................You caught the bug, now you're in.

When are you heading north with it?????????????????????????
I really should, but I haven't talked myself into traveling over an hour to only shoot only one gun yet. I'll be in WI next weekend for the state 3 gun championship though.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjmpcc022
Anything in 45ACP for me to drool over?
Just my two cents worth.......................

My reason for building one was very focused, I was out of USPSA for ten years and this motivated me to get back in. Three years later and many thousands of rounds later, mission accomplished. I'm having a blast and am glad I did it.

That being said, without shooting the matches, I don't see a lot of reason for having one, other than another cool gun to own, and there is nothing wrong with that! If I wasn't shooting matches, paper targets at 15 and 25 yards would get boring very quick.

The one great reason on the buy one side is home defense. Having a rifle with the capacity that is available would be far superior to a handgun. Even for outside close up work, it would be an outstanding choice. Quick 50 yard hits are not hard to obtain.

With the Glock and Glock clone mags available, not to mention bad ass extended base pads, it's hard to argue any caliber except 9mm. Although, a .45 would be pretty cool for a pin gun, if you could buffer it like a 9mm, not sure about that.

Is the Banshee not top dog anymore? Until the Mp5k's come down, been considering the Banshee 300 that takes glock mags.

Is the Banshee not top dog anymore? Until the Mp5k's come down, been considering the Banshee 300 that takes glock mags.
JP5 will probably be top dog soon.
Everyone I've seen running the CMMG RDB system threw it in the trash after 10k or so rounds. Apparently that's when all the gremlins show up.

Reactions: 346ci
Was it ever the " top dog"? I guess that would depend on what you want your dog to do.

There is a guy who comes to the monthly matches pretty regular who shoots a CZ Scorpion. Cool ass looking rifle, but he never really looks " comfortable", or at least what I perceive to be comfortable. Mandatory reloads are a nightmare and it doesn't maneuver well. Granted, he isn't a GM, but I bet you won't find one shooting a CZ?

An MP5 was designed to shoot a pistol round full auto, kick the door in and kill every MF'r in the room.

If you're going to dive in, I think the most sense is made with a gun on an AR platform. You can shoulder it properly, like a rifle was designed to be fired. It makes WAY more tactical (not tacti cool) sense. Getting a hit on an IPSC target at 100yds with a dot is not difficult. As I said earlier, double taps on a popper at 50yds is SOP, and it is great training for your 5.56! Same size, same weight, even same ish recoil if you tune it properly. If not, a stock 9mm carbine with factory ammo is much jumpier than a 5.56 gas gun. The Sig MPX would of course not be included in this assessment.

Sub gun clones are cool, but hip shooting paper or steel at 25yds will get boring fast.

Thanks, been doing a lot of reading trying to determine a good hd setup for the wife, not getting into pcc comps yet..

My 12.5" .223 and 6.8 serve me well but heavy for her. Even with a 5" can they are pretty long to be moving around the house at night. A mk18 setup won't save much length either and only have a 7" can rated for that short of a bbl.

Thanks, been doing a lot of reading trying to determine a good hd setup for the wife, not getting into pcc comps yet..

My 12.5" .223 and 6.8 serve me well but heavy for her. Even with a 5" can they are pretty long to be moving around the house at night. A mk18 setup won't save much length either and only have a 7" can rated for that short of a bbl.
7.5” 9mm is a great option. Same reason I built mine. Wife isn’t comfortable with pistols, and I don’t want her shooting my 11.5” 5.56 in the house (can’t own suppressors in IL).
31rds of 147gr GoldDots should handle anything she needs, but 93 rounds is more better.
61C1EB34-ABA9-4827-B8F5-A422BD949C8A.jpeg

I cobbled together a couple of short ones, 9mm & 5.56, virtual twins. Easy to drop on a suppressor if desired.
IMG_7493 Annotated Build Black Out Serial Number copy.jpg
IMG_7519RRA 9 mm First Range Zero Eotech 01.08.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7592 Annotated 1 copy e copy.jpg
IMG_8565Rogers Brace Velcro QD Sling Setup copy.jpg

ITgff4y.jpg
My cz scorpion sbr

HBI micro k tri lug
Hbi safety selectors and charging handle
A3 tactical mvfg
Magpul paddle release and grip
Timney trigger
Dan Haga acr adapter
Esd sling
Mro w/ scalarworks mount
SF DF
Dead air wolf or wolfman depending on the length I desire

Last edited:
ITgff4y.jpg
My cz scorpion sbr

HBI micro k tri lug
Hbi safety selectors and charging handle
A3 tactical mvfg
Magpul paddle release and grip
Timney trigger
Dan Haga acr adapter
Esd sling
Mro w/ scalarworks mount
SF DF
Dead air wolf or wolfman depending on the length I desire
Do you have any video of that thing in operation?? I'd love to see it.

LMT MRP-L Upper with CMMG 9mm barrel / BCG / Mag Conversion, Aimpoint T-2 in UNITY FAST Mount, Geissele SD-C, Radian Talon, Reptillia Torch with Modbutton Lite, KAC Backup Sights.

pVcZj8Wh.jpg

Reactions: PBWalsh
Have had one of the OG APC9s for several years now and have only good things to say after more than 5k rounds. Definitely wish I was in a position to SBR it.

20210809_192055.jpg

Really enjoyed it. Just got rid of mine the other day in a trade for a 6.5cm though. Loved it just blew through tons of 9mm
what are your thoughts on those?

ive been tempted, but i really dont know if its worth the $1200 or whatever they are going for now....

I have like 3k into a scorpion. Its too late for me. Going to SBR it. I want a real stock and a stubby grip. OR I sell it and take a loss.

Started with an MPX, then added a SBR CZ Scorpion, decided I wanted more kicka$$ so picked up a Rattler .300 BO which is my truck gun and now have a second Truck Gun APC9 Pro K
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PBWalsh
Nothing better than the MPX, especially suppressed. So smooth and so soft, and so quiet. Just awesomeness

Attachments

• IMG_20210811_2120431.jpg
    IMG_20210811_2120431.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 43
I really wish they would release the 40S&W they talked about
In 9mm they already require a pretty intensive maintenance schedule, a backpack full of spare parts and some OCD cleaning to keep running, I think 40S&W might be too much for the system.

In 9mm they already require a pretty intensive maintenance schedule, a backpack full of spare parts and some OCD cleaning to keep running, I think 40S&W might be too much for the system.
Never really experienced this myself, although I usually don’t fire more than 500 rounds per session, suppressed. I definitely haven’t had to change any spare parts. YMMV

Never really experienced this myself, although I usually don’t fire more than 500 rounds per session, suppressed. I definitely haven’t had to change any spare parts. YMMV
Everyone I know that's got more than 20k through one either got out of the platform, or bought a second MPX because a back up gun is easier to swap mid match than parts.

At the present cost of 9 mm ammunition, every 2K rounds is the cost of a new MPX; the MPX is as disposable as the ammo down range.

Reactions: Mikeyt2381
Never experienced any issues what so ever with mine, and it's not new either.

Maybe I just know a bunch of really unlucky people. Or you are the MPX lottery winner.

Maybe I just know a bunch of really unlucky people. Or you are the MPX lottery winner.
Theres also been like 3.5 generations of MPX now and 2 generations of mags some of which have had more issues than others I believe. However the last PCC class I did 2 of the 4 sigs in the class couldnt hold zero past 25m. Both these individuals had backup sigs. The other 2 guys guns did great over the 2k rounds shot in the class. Pretty weird.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
where did you source the parts for the can?
1.375 ID ASR tube and end cap from SPC, tri-lug mount from Liberty Suppressors, mount to tube adapter from JK Armament, and 1.372 short stack radials from pure performance. I still need some spacer material and an approved application and I’ll get drilling. Sick of waiting on form4’s so I figured I’d just make this one.