• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican

Re: Pelican

I bought a 1750 new for my 7mm Mag build. By all means a great case, was just a bit bulky for my application.

If you're going to use it for air travel, it is an excellent choice and would serve you well. For routine transportation from the house to the range, etc, it may be to much case. MHO.

I have a 1750 also. I like it a lot, but I want to get more foam for it. Right now I have the flat foam, cut out to fit just one of my rifles, so it's become a rather expensive case just for one firearm.

I hear ya guys. Thx for the info. I wandered just how big they
may really be. I was checkin out some 1750's earlier today
and noticed one with red velvet like stuff over the foam.
Man, was it ever nice. At any rate, it really does seem to be a worthy
investment.

They are pretty big. It weighs about 20ibs w/o a firearm, so that should give you an idea. They are very nice cases, just a bit much bulk for regular use.

Thx 762. Thats told me what I really needed to know.
I just don't see me flying her anywhere, so I'll more than
likely go with a dragbag. Vodoo or US Peace keeper?
What / Whom do y'all prefer?

Buy a Storm im3300 instead, better case, better latches, and it will stand up on end unsupported, this is helpful when standing in line at the airport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy a Storm im3300 instead, better case, better latches, and it will stand up on end unsupported, this is helpful when standing in line at the airport. </div></div>

Cool! Thx man

I absolutely love my pelican cases....I think I am working on the whole set by now....

The 1750 is big....make sure you get the smallest one that fits your need....it will be a pain to haul around. Definitely wont fit in a car trunk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Operator74656</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I absolutely love my pelican cases....I think I am working on the whole set by now....

The 1750 is big....make sure you get the smallest one that fits your need....it will be a pain to haul around. Definitely wont fit in a car trunk. </div></div>

Good deal.....ok, then...I will be using for an SPR A4.
What would you suggest? Thx for postin.

We have both Pelican and Storm here (pre buyout) and while they are BOTH fantastic case designs, we here prefer the Storm. This is only with a slight edge, nothing drastic. The latches and case design differences being the only points.

Pelican bought out Storm a few years ago, so they are technically the same company. I do believe though, that both of the cases are still on the market as originals.

You won't go wrong with either. There are MANY threads here in the archives regarding these (and other) cases. And their warranty backs up their products.

Hope that helps,

I have and use both pelican and pelican storm cases, they are both fantastic and get the job done. I would say i like the storm best out of the two.

there are diffrences between the two, the most notisable are the latches are nicer on the storm, they lock closed a button on the latch needs to be pushed to release the latch. Another diffrence that I could see was the plastic they used to form the case, it seems to be smoother on the storm not sure about the diffrence in durability in the plastic both seem pretty tough.

I will say that I never worrie about my firearms once they are in one of these cases. You invest a lot of money in a rifle why not invest in one of the best cases to protect them.

I use a 1750 and a 1720. Prefer the 1720 if you have a barrel short enough that it fits. My preference for pelicans is for the fact my cases usually get thrown in the back of the truck, no worries about bumps or sliding damaging anything, and weather doesn't matter.

Can anyone tell me what the interior diagonal measurement is of the 1720. I see the case online is 42" but my rifle measures out at 43". Trying to see what will work.

Based on the Pelican's given dimensions and figuring a loss of 1" because the corners are not square, it's roughly 43"

Pelican advises adding at least a 1" to 4" buffer between objects (rifle, ammo, interior case wall, etc.), so your best Pelican options are the 1750 or iM3300

Thanks for the input. Trying to save some coin but didn't want to get hosed at the same time

All my rifles have 22" or less barrels so I dumped the 1750 and got the 1720. I really like the Pelican quality. This case has been tossed around by Delta flying to S. Africa and many other states in the last 4 yrs.

1750.jpg

I love my Pelican Cases too. I have one for all of my rifles and one for all of my pistols. The thing I like most about them is the confidence I can have in the cases when I fly. We all know that the airline bagage handlers can be tough on luggage, but I don't think they could beat a Pelican.