• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Penalized for being "Too Proficient"?

I don't have an answer for that other than "that's just the way the DA/Prosecutors will work" Is their (LE's) life more that yours or mine...I'd like to think not and don't disagree about threats of death or severe bodily harm. But I can almost guarantee if somebody has a knife and a citizen makes that shot on the street - they'll be in jail - especially in the more liberal states. As LE I think the leeway is they have legal authority that the ordinary citizen doesn't have - you and I cannot tell somebody to drop the knife with quite the same affect nor go around with our guns drawn (but not pointing like the McCloskeys) telling people to stand back and get back whilst in a public location. If LE tells you that, you'd better. Also, LE doesn't have a duty to retreat as states without stand your ground.

I think this also opens the ground up for good stand-your ground laws for citizens. I'm sitting here with a rather massively calcified Achilles (multiple microtears) and not-so-great back. I could try to turn and flee and a young guy, hell bent, could easily overtake me an kill me. I'm sure I speak for many here on a lack of physical ability to outrun a late 20's/early 30's male. So at that point, would it be best to stand your ground if some nut like that comes at you so you don't have to take eye off the knife/perp? Obviously this varies from state to state; but I agree with I think what your point was - is my life somehow less valuable than LE? Again, to me it sure the hell isn't. To me, my life is the most valuable asset I have.

That said, at 7 yards if one doesn't have gun drawn, then they'll be dead if they're charged. Sadly, just look at the White Settlement Church shooting....the one guy fumbled the draw and that was it for him :(. If a guy would have run at him instead of having a shotgun, by the time he got the weapon out, even my slow ass could have gone 12-15 yards.

Good question sir. Just my 0.02.
---------------------
two other points:
1) if she was cleared as a good shot, she should be protected from civil lawsuit from some family trying to get rich off their dead likely-drugged up relative.
2) why the hell were there so many people standing about when cops had guns drawn. What the heck is wrong with these people?

Duty to retreat, in states where it exists, is NOT absolute. It's qualified. The actual doctrine is to be able to SAFELY retreat out of danger. You can't do so if you're surrounded, or if you have a physical handicap, or if the location limits your ability to evade, or if your attacker pursues you, or if your attacker can still hurt you while you retreat, or any other number of justifiable situations in which you just have to stop retreating and fuck his shit up.

The best thing I did, after I finished the pathetic class to get an Ohio CHL, was to pay a recommended criminal defense attorney for an hour of his time and not only review and explain the relevant portions of the Ohio Revised Code, but also the Ohio Supreme Court decisions that have created the legal framework for use of force here.

I think my ability to articulate my actions in court is worth a hell of a lot more than what I paid that guy.

Yeah I noticed the video where she was shooting had other really good looking women. I should start a secret hot girls shooting club/team hahaha...
😂😂
Let me know when you do. Texas is a lot closer to Ohio than California, plus the gun laws are better.

• Haha
Reactions: stello1001
The Border Patrol is legend for its pistol shooting teams

I'm not sure if you have seen how fast a charging aggressor with a knife can be on you.

I Absolutely know and understand the risk which is why I said if I'm covered by her or multiple other cops who have guns out. I'm willing to take the risk to attempt to save the life. If the taser doesnt hit I'm not going for my gun at that point I'm pulling back and letting the others take them down.

Again, she did everything right here.

it's impossible to judge distance from videos or photographs.

Yes and no

If you watch the various points of view, you can see that she is near the rear bumper of the gold sedan
and the guy is laying on the ground shot roughly equal to where the front wheel of the motor home is (or the black pickup truck)

You could safely guess he is about 3 sedan car lengths away from her when the first bullet hits him. Can you get the exact feet and inches from a video? no, but 3 car lengths as a rough estimate would seem reasonable in this case.

Reactions: 308pirate
anyone laughing at the boxcutters must not remember 9-11.

i have NOTHING critical to say about this shoot. she was perfect. and i might add..... this is how EVERY damn non-compliant person with a weapon should get treated. you get told ONE FUCKING TIME (which in my opinion is one too many-as it’s common sense that wielding a weapon while advancing on someone a hostile act) and then you get shot. non lethal? fuck that. knife comes out, you advance, you get shot.

she can be on “Team Myron” anyday.
Not only do I hugely agree with the above statement, I will add my own presumption of:

Ban Tasers.

Get'r done once, and get're done right!

Good shoot on her part. The perp forfeited his life when he charged her.

Oh if you would like, I already sent her a message(the lawyer). The fact that she would defend that peice of trash loses any respect for her as a person.

she can be contacted here:

I'm doubtful I'll hear a response..

And sadly that would be used against you.

Duty to retreat, in states where it exists, is NOT absolute. It's qualified. The actual doctrine is to be able to SAFELY retreat out of danger. You can't do so if you're surrounded, or if you have a physical handicap, or if the location limits your ability to evade, or if your attacker pursues you, or if your attacker can still hurt you while you retreat, or any other number of justifiable situations in which you just have to stop retreating and fuck his shit up.

The best thing I did, after I finished the pathetic class to get an Ohio CHL, was to pay a recommended criminal defense attorney for an hour of his time and not only review and explain the relevant portions of the Ohio Revised Code, but also the Ohio Supreme Court decisions that have created the legal framework for use of force here.

I think my ability to articulate my actions in court is worth a hell of a lot more than what I paid that guy.

If you can articulate the deadly threat to justify your reasonable response than in a world with a fair and functioning criminal justice system why would you be charged?

Our Constitution bows to the natural right of self defense.

If you want to introduce a third world bannana republic system where the DA functions by political agenda rather than lawful justice than all bets are off. This person believes you have no right to defense, you are a mere pawn of the state.

Yes or No......

Are you insinuating that the USA has become a two tiered justice bannana republic where justice is not balanced, coups and intrigues abound, law enforcement would frame citizens of stature and the intelligence apparatus would attack an elected official?

I guess I missed the sarcasm in your post as the McClosky's have been charged with brandishing and public endangerment and the deadly threatening mob gets praise for peaceful protest.

Looks like a good shoot to me. Just roll him over to the curb with the rest of the trash i guess. What a complete fucking shithole Cali has become. Its like a polished turd, fucking RV lining the streets with folks living in them. All the trash on the street reminds me of Somalia..... How the fuck do the leftist in Cali sleep at night knowing what they have done in the name of "social Justice"?

I need to explain how lawyers will use any of your actions in a twisted way against you?
LOL, I'd love to hear your explanation backed by court cases as examples.
They will use the type of ammo you use. The type of holster you use. How often you shoot and what type of target you use. Your social media accounts. Anyway/thing that can be used to make you look like George Zimmerman will be splashing across the headlines before a jury is chosen.
Surely you don't need that explained?
Seeking legal advice before you shoot someone? Really? You went out looking for trouble didn't you?

I need to explain how lawyers will use any of your actions in a twisted way against you?

They will use the type of ammo you use. The type of holster you use. How often you shoot and what type of target you use. Your social media accounts. Anyway/thing that can be used to make you look like George Zimmerman will be splashing across the headlines before a jury is chosen.
Surely you don't need that explained?
Seeking legal advice before you shoot someone? Really? You went out looking for trouble didn't you?

You sound like someone who's too scared to even carry a gun.

I don't give a fuck about any of those boogiemen you seem so scared about.

I guess I missed the sarcasm in your post as the McClosky's have been charged with brandishing and public endangerment and the deadly threatening mob gets praise for peaceful protest.

I touched on that in that post.

The third world banana republic DA that wants to put political agenda ahead of justice........

Reading comprehension - its whats for dinner.