• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pennsylvania Hunters

RedRyder

Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Do you know that it's illegal to use a LRF when hunting in Pennsylvania? Yes, because it emits a beam it's illegal. And thermal technology? It's illegal too. Doesn't matter that it doesn't emit ANYTHING. And digital light enhancers like Pulsars? Yup, illegal too. Because it's an "electronic device." Illegal Illegal Illegal. It's all fucking illegal. In the last two days I've read a couple of articles, one that quoted a Game Commission wanker who said while they're not explicitly outlawed, they're not included on the list of electronic technology a hunter is ALLOWED TO employ.

I don't know why I keep buying hunting licenses. Between game wardens, chronic wasting disease, no safe shooting lanes and technology that's not allowed because it's not on the "allowed" list I'm thinking of paying out of my ass to hunt as a non-resident in West Virginia. I mean, now the PGC is charging extra for copies of the game laws. You know, the ones you used to get when you bought a hunting license? Well now, they're like ~$6.50 or something and you get them in the mail. Of course, you also go to the PGC site and study them online. But don't bother printing them out because the law will be whatever the game warden says it is.

As our Mighty Leader Frank once said "What the ROYAL fucK?"

Last edited:
The list should be what is not allowed, NOT what is allowed. We have a similar law with DWR here. We have a list of unprotected animals. they are coyote and jack rabbit. specifically says all other animals/species are regulated. This literally means that killing a mouse in a trap COULD get you in trouble. dumb asses.

I agree, PAGC is way out of line. Look at the bastardization they made of finally permitting semi auto guns to used for hunting! Some douchebag that had no idea what he was talking about decided that he "just couldn't stand the thought of someone hunting bears with an AR15" so ALL semi's were not permitted to be used for anything more than small game/coyote.. such a ridiculous restriction. Not to mention the mass destruction of the deer herd by killing off way too many doe for an extended period...