• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

People are fed up with this bullshit.

Rebar isn't very hard/stiff, it does have some good weight to it though, depending on diameter. There are better options...don't forget your glove and ball if you carry a Louisville Slugger.
Apparently you've never worked with rebar. Just picking it up, carrying and bending it can fuck your back up. Thats one aspect of my jobs I sub out.

Yeah it bends and doesn't bounce off but wraps as it keeps sending force and pain deep into the body.

I can't think of a better option to get somebody's mind right.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Baton gives you a less lethal option...

Say you've got a drunk guy trying to start shit, maybe he's a bit bigger than you.....I'm not about to shoot an unarmed drunk guy.....but I also don't want to fist fight him either....baton might be a decent option.

Might also be traveling out of state, and can't bring a gun.... personally ide rather a baton than pepper spray or a knife.
Antifa is their target market. Their advertisements on Facebook always shows some masked hooded Antifa looking turd busting bricks and car windows with a collapsable baton.

rebar is harder than wood.

Sure the 3/8" stuff is a little bendy but grab yourself a 2 foot long piece of #4 or #5 hit a few things with it and see what bends first
You go across someone's elbow or forearm with a 2' piece of #4 and you're going to break it or bruise it so bad they'll think you broke it.

Reactions: doubloon
the best part is the guy was posed perfectly when the first strike happened.

as far as "not shooting an unarmed drunk guy even if he is bigger...." -depends on the situation. being drunk isnt a "get out of jail free" card with me. every situation is different, and i'd have to judge it in the moment.

Last edited:
You know, if the Federal Government wanted to really mess up a gun forum, they just need to have one or two obvious plants, then the paranoia would set in and almost every post would be "glowing". It seems like a successful tactic.
EFA5C816-3C90-4E57-BC2C-10C496A2153D.gif

Reactions: JR_77
Apparently you've never worked with rebar. Just picking it up, carrying and bending it can fuck your back up. Thats one aspect of my jobs I sub out.

Yeah it bends and doesn't bounce off but wraps as it keeps sending force and pain deep into the body.

I can't think of a better option to get somebody's mind right.
I have worked with rebar, what else to you put in concrete? You don't carry around 20 foot long bundles of the stuff for a baton.
rebar is harder than wood.

Sure the 3/8" stuff is a little bendy but grab yourself a 2 foot long piece of #4 or #5 hit a few things with it and see what bends first
Were you both drunk when you decided you had to reply me?

Carrying around a chunk of rebar in place of a better "tool" is a fools' errand...but you do you.

Reactions: NoDopes
Nobody said 20 foot ... 2 foot ... the approximate optimal length for batons and night sticks.

Feel free to provide details about why a 3 foot wooden bat is superior to a 2 foot piece of #4 of #5 rebar.

I assume one point you'll start with is the bat has "more reach" but ASP discontinued longer batons because nobody wanted them. Turns out to effectively wield a 3 foot or longer weapon (especially one that's end heavy) it requires both hands. You can chop the heavy end off the bat to make it a better balanced weapon for one hand but then why not just use a nightstick or side handle baton?

But I don't see this discussion going in a productive direction since you've already resorted to implying anyone who disagrees with you a fool. It seems more posts on this topic are likely to be based in emotionally driven statements and insults than rational discourse but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
Nobody said 20 foot ... 2 foot ... the approximate optimal length for batons and night sticks.

Feel free to provide details about why a 3 foot wooden bat is superior to a 2 foot piece of #4 of #5 rebar.

I assume one point you'll start with is the bat has "more reach" but ASP discontinued longer batons because nobody wanted them. Turns out to effectively wield a 3 foot or longer weapon (especially one that's end heavy) it requires both hands. You can chop the heavy end off the bat to make it a better balanced weapon for one hand but then why not just use a nightstick or side handle baton?
Reading comprehension isn't really your thing...perhaps try understanding where my "20 foot" comment came from.

If you plan on carrying around a purpose cut length of rebar in your vehicle, good luck trying to get off with a self defense charge after an encounter. You are premeditatedly carrying a purpose made weapon...which is why a glove and ball are carried with a wooden bat...you could just be going to or from a game, maybe you're going to practice after work. Did I really need to spell that out for you to understand? Good grief some of you are sloths in the head today.

In my state, having completed the ASP certification training is affirmative defense against the charge of carrying a weapon, if the weapon is a collapsible baton.

In 2019 Texas gave law abiding citizens the green light to carry (non-exhaustive list) pepper spray, taser/stun gun, brass knuckles, keychain stabby things, nightsticks, tomahawks, swords, machetes and switchblades.

Reading comprehension isn't really your thing...perhaps try understanding where my "20 foot" comment came from.

If you plan on carrying around a purpose cut length of rebar in your vehicle, good luck trying to get off with a self defense charge after an encounter.

Since we are still going with insults as a valid debate tactic ...

If a "purpose cut length of rebar" was your real point then why mention 20 foot length at all like a complete fucking idiot? You can spell out as much of your ignorance as you want, it doesn't apply to me.

Clubs (an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument) are legal to carry in Texas. As are many other things, see the previous post or look it up for yourself.

It takes a special kind of arrogance for someone to assume their last century views on the world are valid for everyone or still the best option.

PS: No disrespect to the man inside you who served and sacrificed. You will always have my gratitude, respect and debt for that but it doesn't give you a pass for archaic thinking.

If a "purpose cut length of rebar" was your real point then why mention 20 foot length at all like a complete fucking idiot? You can spell out as much of your ignorance as you want, it doesn't apply to me.

Clubs (an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument) are legal to carry in Texas. As are many other things, see the previous post or look it up for yourself.

It takes a special kind of arrogance for someone to assume their last century views on the world are valid for everyone or still the best option.

PS: No disrespect to the man inside you who served and sacrificed. You will always have my gratitude, respect and debt for that but it doesn't give you a pass for archaic thinking.
My original "20 foot" comment wasn't even directed at you. Are you really not capable of going back and reading what I was replying to with that?

There are 50 states in the union, not everyone is located in Texas where you have the ability to carry any kind of weapon you want and think that you are free to use it for any kind of situation you get involved with. Just because we have the ability to defend ourselves doesn't mean that the crooked lawyers aren't going to do their best to make you pay for your actions, especially if they have a democrat judge on their side. They will come after you financially and a bonus if available to put you behind bars. I'm not trying to say roll over and take it, I'm simply saying don't get yourself in a bad situation that could have been avoided...I've put myself in bad situations, no weapons were involved, no punches were thrown, but I still got locked up twice...because cops have to error on the side of caution and lock up the one supposedly making the threat, even though the dumb bitch tried running me off the road...in one of those instances...supposedly she wasn't paying attention, and didn't see me in the lane when she came over.

There are 50 states in the union, not everyone is located in Texas
And yet you were replying in that "20 foot rebar" post only to a guy whose handle starts with "Tex" and another guy who has declared his location as Houston-ish, Texas. Sure, fine, you weren't talking specifically to me about 20 foot rebar but I was included in the "you both" in that post and it doesn't invalidate my observation that both the people you quoted were clearly and specifically talking about a 2 foot (2') piece of rebar.

I don't believe location was taken into account in your implied or specific illegality replies at all or that you have a complete idea of in what states it's legal to carry batons/clubs.

It is legal (as of 2017, 2019 for Texas) to carry a baton in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming. None of these states require the accompaniment of a glove or ball or hat to make your club legal.

Unless many of these laws have been repealed (or changed for the worse) well more than 50% (without putting every local jurisdiction under a microscope) ... more commonly legal than illegal ... something to think about when invoking "50 states in the union" as an appeal to the legal "norm".

I work very hard to avoid "bad situations" and I've been successful so far. But if I ever find myself in one I like to think I will choose not to let fear of shyster lawyers dictate my freedom or my ability to defend myself and my family with any and all legal tools available. The asshole who will gut me at the ATM for the $50 I just withdrew or put my granddaughter in a coma for her iphone will not be limiting his choice of weapons based on fear of shyster lawyers or prejudiced judges.

But those are all facts (or were at the time of source publication) and none of that matters because we're still not all discussing facts. Some are only discussing innuendo and risk based possibilities. And I have to mow the lawn now so I will concede to your next comment whatever it is. You're right, I'm wrong, nothing I've said has any basis in reality and you win the day. Cheers, raise your glass high.

Reactions: Balor
I have to mow the lawn now so I will concede to your next comment whatever it is. You're right, I'm wrong, nothing I've said has any basis in reality and you win the day. Cheers, raise your glass high.
Thanks for acknowledging my superiority. For further discussion, since you still can't put two and two together and figure out where the "20 foot" comment originated, I'll just add you to "ignore", we won't have to go through this ever again.

• Haha

If you plan on carrying around a purpose cut length of rebar in your vehicle, good luck trying to get off with a self defense charge after an encounter. You are premeditatedly carrying a purpose made weapon...which is why a glove and ball are carried with a wooden bat...you could just be going to or from a game, maybe you're going to practice after work. Did I really need to spell that out for you to understand? Good grief some of you are sloths in the head today.
But thats not what you said. You implied we were driving around with full 20' sticks of rebar for weapons, I guess on a trailer.

You can look in most any worktruck and find a weapon; a 1.5" 3' cheater bar, hammer, 2' metal form stakes including those made of rebar, all easier to explain to a jury than a baseball bat when used as a weapon.

But thats not what you said. You implied we were driving around with full 20' sticks of rebar for weapons, I guess on a trailer.

You can look in most any worktruck and find a weapon; a 1.5" 3' cheater bar, hammer, 2' metal form stakes including those made of rebar, all easier to explain to a jury than a baseball bat when used as a weapon.
You boys in Texas never disappoint. Just like the saying goes, “Everything is bigger in Texas, especially your egos and your women.”

Damn bro. Rebar? Give them at least a chance to learn. Use something that leaves an impression but doesn’t maim. But I do wonder if we have reached that point in certain cities. And at least for me, that really sucks. But, FAFO.

A nice, thick piece of split bamboo should do the trick.

So, you're saying that modern thinking is the only correct answer?

That stupidity is exactly how we got to where we are in this society.

So, you're saying that modern thinking is the only correct answer?

That stupidity is exactly how we got to where we are in this society.

I'm saying archaic thinking is a handicap when it's WRONG.

I'm saying anybody who doesn't keep abreast of the current laws or assumes his 10, 20, 30 year old interpretation of the law is correct for everybody or even himself is delusional. In this particular case the person in question either lacks the reading comprehension to understand the original rebar comment was bout a 5' piece of #5 rebar or he was ASSuming the (due to lack of reading or comprehension) only 20 foot bundles of rebar might be on hand or ASSuming carrying around a short piece of rebar is a crime or ASSuming using a short piece of rebar for self defense is a crime.

If that's not clear enough then specifically the answer to your baseless question "So, you're saying that modern thinking is the only correct answer?" is no.

The guy literally said "You are premeditatedly carrying a purpose made weapon" as it it was a bad thing. His thinking is outdated and ignorant.

Careful, you guys appear to be treading dangerously close to "premeditatedly carrying purpose made weapon".

Not at all. I'm just passing on information I've seen in my past.

How many of you old fucks remember the Phillipine Gov't caning the diplomats shitty kid? Two whacks and he was down for the count.

The mop handle was more recent on EweToob.

It was also used by Akim Jaffe Jafar while in Queens. He and his Assistant were able to subdue a diseased rhinocerois pizzle, shotgun weilding robber, trying to empty out Mr. McDowel's cash register.

How many of you old fucks remember the Phillipine Gov't caning the diplomats shitty kid? Two whacks and he was down for the count.

IIRC that was the kid accused of vandalizing some cars. That was brutal. I admit I cringed. Was it excessive for the crime? I don't know, not my country, kinda don't care, don't fk around in places where you don't know the laws.

Absolutely lots of old fashioned weapons are 1000% GTG even today. Akim with the mop handle was a fun scene, I'll keep my 9mm though.

My issue with CP was not with his thinking a bat was a good weapon, it was with his thinking anything else was not or not "legal". If I can "get in trouble with the law" for carrying a bat around in my car without a ball or glove then the same holds true for a mop handle without a bucket or a head or a piece of bamboo without some cashews or soy sauce ...

Man.....imagine living in a state that doesn't allow you to intentionally carry a purpose made dangerous weapon......
It's not about intentionally carrying a weapon. I got locked up because I yelled at a woman for running me off the road, when she pulled into my lane. Her excuse was that she wasn't paying attention and didn't see me. She called the police and told them that I threatened her, which was a complete fabrication...they came to my job, put me in cuffs and put me in jail. Imagine if I actually brandished a weapon; I would probably still be locked up. I haven't tried to say nobody should be prepared to protect themself...I was attempting to say be careful how you do it, nobody is on your side. That's enough of y'all trying to make me out as an idiot or crazy person, you do you. Good luck, I hope you don't end up going through bullshit because of a bad decision.

It was also used by Akim Jaffe Jafar while in Queens. He and his Assistant were able to subdue a diseased rhinocerois pizzle, shotgun weilding robber, trying to empty out Mr. McDowel's cash register.
The OP's video of a victim of oppression expessing his frustration toward a society that keeps him down could be titled: 2023 meets 1850.

I've heard stories passed down from my great grandfather's Civil War era of troublemakers getting whacked across the back and then clearing high fences in a single bound and running off but didn't know it still worked.

I bet the police are looking for the whacker and not the oppressed whackee for using a 'purpose made weapon' on him.

Last edited:
Here you go. 1" diameter straight grain Hickory. One even gets to carry it on a airplane, straight thru TSA, if one limps a little. A gray beard helps. Believe me,a person does not feel unarmed carrying this.View attachment 8225137
I've broken so many of those over the back of a stubborn cow in the chute over the years. Mine never had the stopper on the bottom though, and they were bought at the Farmer's Co-Op.

Why, in all of these videos, do they never seem to have anything other than a puny little broom handle to adjust an attitude? Does no one ever keep a good Buford Pusser hickory staff, or at least a decent baseball bat handy for a proper attitude adjustment?
Well, me neither I guess. But we can hope one day they'll get it right.
You can get one of these at any truck stop.
1694489202142.png

Mine is UHMW with a lead rod inside. Keep it in the driver door map pocket just for these occasions

Dude was shocked when someone actually stood up to him. Let this be a lesson. Bullies only bully as long as we let them do it.

I learned that at about 7.

I was a very little skinny kid, getting picked on all the time. Finally one day I guess I snapped. By the time the teachers got there I had blood pouring out of my nose where the other kid hit me. I guess I had tackled him had him face down on the ground with a rock in my hand. They thought I was going to kill him.

I actually have zero memory of this. My aunt told me this as my mother was "not available". But I do know no one picked on me again. I remember getting picked on, then not getting picked on so something had to have happened, I just don't remember it.

I learned that at about 7.

I was a very little skinny kid, getting picked on all the time. Finally one day I guess I snapped. By the time the teachers got there I had blood pouring out of my nose where the other kid hit me. I guess I had tackled him had him face down on the ground with a rock in my hand. They thought I was going to kill him.

I actually have zero memory of this. My aunt told me this as my mother was "not available". But I do know no one picked on me again. I remember getting picked on, then not getting picked on so something had to have happened, I just don't remember it.
Curtain of rage

IIRC that was the kid accused of vandalizing some cars. That was brutal. I admit I cringed. Was it excessive for the crime? I don't know, not my country, kinda don't care, don't fk around in places where you don't know the laws.

Absolutely lots of old fashioned weapons are 1000% GTG even today. Akim with the mop handle was a fun scene, I'll keep my 9mm though.

My issue with CP was not with his thinking a bat was a good weapon, it was with his thinking anything else was not or not "legal". If I can "get in trouble with the law" for carrying a bat around in my car without a ball or glove then the same holds true for a mop handle without a bucket or a head or a piece of bamboo without some cashews or soy sauce ...
It was Singapore. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Michael_Fay
My family and I lived there at the time. Was in 1st or second grade when that was going down.

That was, IMHO, the perfect amount of force used.

Wasn't 5 on 1 beat him till he dies...

Just enough to get the dumbasses attention, and let him know the behavior is not gonna fly here.