• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

People are going nuts!

longrange223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2006
se ohio
was just checking out prices on gunbroker & saw .223 ammo for anywhere from $600 to $1200 for a 1000 rd case & people were bidding on it at those prices!

Re: People are going nuts!

Meanwhile Gold spot price is down almost $100 an ounce over the past couple weeks. Looks like people are selling one precious metal for others.

Brass Lead and Copper>Gold and Silver in todays political climate.

I figure in another month I can trade my custom ar's for some high end bolt guns lol

Yea, me too, I could trade mr AR for a GAP or Surgeon in a heartbeat

There is a guy on Gunbroker asking 2999 for a SIG 716 and has quite a few bids. Another has a SIG 516 and bidding is close to 2800, unbelievable. Nuts is not descriptive enough, insane is more like it. Almost the same insanity with RRA rifles.

note to self, list undesirable AR's on gunbroker tomorrow

gallery_298_17_1836.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a guy on Gunbroker asking 2999 for a SIG 716 and has quite a few bids. Another has a SIG 516 and bidding is close to 2800, unbelievable. Nuts is not descriptive enough, insane is more like it. Almost the same insanity with RRA rifles. </div></div>

Nuts indeed, I'm astounded at the bids on Gunbroker. I thought prices were crazy back in 2008 after the election, this is an entirely different level of crazy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">note to self, list undesirable AR's on gunbroker tomorrow</div></div>

You read my mind.

As soon as Gunbroker comes back online I'm going to list my Armalite pattern AR-10 and my Fulton Peerless M1A; with any luck the Armalite proceeds alone will pay for the GAP-10 I ordered back in July (still waiting for it) and the Fulton will pay for the S&B I just ordered for the GAP-10.
smile.gif

Seeing what Armalite AR-10 stripped lowers are going for makes me regret selling my spare lower back in November; if I had waited I could have netted an extra $250 or so...

If ammo prices keep going up I might be able to off some of my Aussie 308 stash that I never shoot to pay for the 2 other S&Bs I ordered on Monday.
grin.gif

Just looking at the for sale section AR platforms are selling like hotcakes. Stuff that was been listed back in the first part of November are popping back up to the top with inquires then are posted SPF on the next post.

Couldn't agree more with buying local. Expert knowledge and great service. The small up charge over big chains is money well spent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZO6Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meanwhile Gold spot price is down almost $100 an ounce over the past couple weeks. Looks like people are selling one precious metal for others.

Brass Lead and Copper>Gold and Silver in todays political climate. </div></div>

Historically, the price of gold drops when there is confidence in the economy. People buy gold and therefore increase the price due to demand. The recent upswing started back in 07 or 08 when the current administration made a bid for office and people were unsure. In fact, the market dropped the day after the election and is just now coming back to pre election levels.

For the short term, 30rd mags, ARs, etc have much more value as noted. In a few months, things will calm down and people will be regretting their rush buying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heretic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZO6Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meanwhile Gold spot price is down almost $100 an ounce over the past couple weeks. Looks like people are selling one precious metal for others.

Brass Lead and Copper>Gold and Silver in todays political climate. </div></div>

Historically, the price of gold drops when there is confidence in the economy. People buy gold and therefore increase the price due to demand. The recent upswing started back in 07 or 08 when the current administration made a bid for office and people were unsure. In fact, the market dropped the day after the election and is just now coming back to pre election levels.

For the short term, 30rd mags, ARs, etc have much more value as noted. In a few months, things will calm down and people will be regretting their rush buying. </div></div>

What do you mean by regret? Do you think that the ban will not get passed?

This whole thing seems pretty crazy to me, I would love to have an AR in my firearm collection. Unfortunately I cant afford one now so should I be jumping on a stripped lower?

btw A buddy sent me an email with this video. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fxstqp3s5Ig

That video is crazy. Not sure what to think of that.

Damn, I really don't know what to make of that vid. Part of me is disgusted with what appears to be a disingenuous showing, but another part of me says that I have no right to judge the situation seeing as how I've never experienced anything even close to what happened last week and cannot realistically put myself in their shoes. Still, overall, I am perturbed.

Guys, Its a bit more than nuts...We are shutting off our phone tomarow.. Until the 2nd! If you want a order, your going to have to do it on line. Its insane..there were stripped forged lowers on gun broker yesterday for over 400$...We wont be raising our prices FYI..
smile.gif

don't know when it will calm down, if it does! haven't seen too much locally except there's no ammo at wally world to buy...

If some type of ban does take place let's hope the Supreme Court steps in...

United States v. Miller
"In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a 'shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length' at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument."

Printz vs United States
" In Miller, we determined that the Second Amendment did not guarantee a citizen's right to possess a sawed off shotgun because that weapon had not been shown to be "ordinary military equipment" that could "contribute to the common defense."

Everything is through the roof. With Cerebrus talking of dumping Freedom Group, those FG companies arent bringing in the raw materials to produce more. Those companies were also virtually THE sole source of small parts. Only companies like Seekins & Black Rain Ordnance (who make their own receivers) will have anything to sell.

Soros and Cerberus Capital Management

He uses it as a mechanism to buy companies without the public realizing his backing.

Connect the dots, it's been predicted. He buys up all these small arms companies and then puts them out of business.

And the stinked Dems said Romney and Bain was badf???

Do you think this government will back an American Spring?? Maybe the Russians will!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heretic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ZO6Dave said:
In a few months, things will calm down and people will be regretting their rush buying. </div></div>

Damn right, they will...
And the sellers that smoked all the jokers that $500 for a $79 stripped lower will be laughing all the way to the bank...

Some seem to forget that we have a REPUBLICAN controlled House of Representatives, and no bill will so much as make it to the floor unless they say so..

Matters shit what Obama and his minions want to do to our 2nd Amendment rights...He will NEVER convince the Republican controlled house to vote for an AWB- AGAIN.

The anti-gun nuts seem to forget that we've already been there, and done THAT, and, WOW, Columbine happened right in the middle of it. The left has jumped on this horrible tragedy while those poor children were still warm- could you imagine the liberal press if the Republicans had done so?

Close the gun-show loophole. No reason every weapon shouldn't be registered and accounted for. But, they'll never shut down the "evil" "assault weapons" again (even thought the AR-15 is NOT a select-fire assault weapon) because there was NO evidence it reduced violent crime the LAST time it was in effect.

The Media needs to stop glorifying these sick whackos by making them famous.

Report the story- DO NOT MENTION THEIR NAMES.

Being famous is exactly what these sick individuals are seeking...take that away from them.

The PRESS is to blame for this...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Being famous is exactly what these sick individuals are seeking...take that away from them.

The PRESS is to blame for this... </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Boy do I agree</span>, from a thread in the S-2 forum, link from another member;

<span style="font-style: italic">"How many of these mass killers are motivated by the celebrity bestowed upon them after the fact?

They are willing to murder innocents, and in most cases commit suicide in what I believe they believe is their opportunity to go down in history. Even if remembered as vile filth, they will be talked about and remembered by the nation and the world.

How many of these shootings would occur if the media refused to show their picture, tell their personal story and repeat their name over and over?"</span>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, Its a bit more than nuts...We are shutting off our phone tomarow.. Until the 2nd! If you want a order, your going to have to do it on line. Its insane..there were stripped forged lowers on gun broker yesterday for over 400$...We wont be raising our prices FYI..
smile.gif
</div></div>

I agree it's more than going nuts the folks are going insane. I thought it was bad in 89 and 94 but nothing like this.
cry.gif

Anyone want to buy a stock rugger 10/22? For my hide friends you get the low low price of $79,998.98

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We wont be raising our prices FYI..
smile.gif
</div></div>

Thank you!

I stopped by Cabela's today to pick up a camo hoodie for a present and made my way over to the gun counter and stood there in amazement. First I looked at the number on the ticket roll for help. It was on 49 then I looked up at the number they were on 6. Bet thats over a 2 hour wait. Then I walked down the counter doing a little people watching. People were buying guns they had zero clue how to operate. Saw a number of carts that had over $500 in reloading stuff in them. Cabelas had a sign up that stated 10 boxes of ammo per person. Very few cases of bulk rifle ammo left. Just a sad sad state of action going on

I saw a woman who had never even owned an AR before walk out of a store with a $3000 REPR just because that is what was left on the shelf.

I know a gun shop in Salem that is clearing out all of its Mil Surp and metal magazines and won't sell its magpuls until the "hard to move" stuff is gone.

Just using an opportunity, says the owner.

BMT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stopped by Cabela's today to pick up a camo hoodie for a present and made my way over to the gun counter and stood there in amazement. First I looked at the number on the ticket roll for help. It was on 49 then I looked up at the number they were on 6. Bet thats over a 2 hour wait. Then I walked down the counter doing a little people watching. People were buying guns they had zero clue how to operate. Saw a number of carts that had over $500 in reloading stuff in them. Cabelas had a sign up that stated 10 boxes of ammo per person. Very few cases of bulk rifle ammo left. Just a sad sad state of action going on </div></div>

That's normal for the Cabelas in Fort Worth. It's always crazy there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, Its a bit more than nuts...We are shutting off our phone tomarow.. Until the 2nd! If you want a order, your going to have to do it on line. Its insane..there were stripped forged lowers on gun broker yesterday for over 400$...We wont be raising our prices FYI..
smile.gif
</div></div>

Just bought two of your stripped lowers....thanks for maintaining your sanity through all this! You'll have more of my business for sure!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heretic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ZO6Dave said:
In a few months, things will calm down and people will be regretting their rush buying. </div></div>

Damn right, they will...
And the sellers that smoked all the jokers that $500 for a $79 stripped lower will be laughing all the way to the bank...

Some seem to forget that we have a REPUBLICAN controlled House of Representatives, and no bill will so much as make it to the floor unless they say so..

Matters shit what Obama and his minions want to do to our 2nd Amendment rights...He will NEVER convince the Republican controlled house to vote for an AWB- AGAIN.

The anti-gun nuts seem to forget that we've already been there, and done THAT, and, WOW, Columbine happened right in the middle of it. The left has jumped on this horrible tragedy while those poor children were still warm- could you imagine the liberal press if the Republicans had done so?

Close the gun-show loophole. No reason every weapon shouldn't be registered and accounted for. But, they'll never shut down the "evil" "assault weapons" again (even thought the AR-15 is NOT a select-fire assault weapon) because there was NO evidence it reduced violent crime the LAST time it was in effect.

The PRESS is to blame for this... </div></div>

This,,,,,,

Just bought the last JP around here and have been in background for 3 days now but have had 3 people (good friends) offer me twice ($4K vs $2K) what it cost! I told them they're nuts but they said they don't care and are begging me to let them have it????

Not into gouging anyone but there's a sweet GAP 308 on their web site ready to go or I could even buy a AE AI 308 for that kind of scratch.

During the first ban it was nuts but not even close to this.. In DFW there are NO black rifles left and very few pistols for that matter. I have an extra NIB 6940 and CM901 that just may have to listed because the prices are just insane to say the least.

Did not even think about selling them but with the current mindset out there am afaraid to go to a LGS here with a black rifle. Will get mobbed lol!

In response to all of this madness do we really think something legislative is coming in the next 6 to 8 months? Do people expect this rush to carry on that long? I love the platform and while i expect some unfortunate change is this madness driven by people thinking things will change over night? Or by people trying to make a quick dollar once the "ban" is reactivated and selling off what they bought in the craze?

Legislative action may be a while coming and there is a glimmer of hope from one branch of Congress. Executive action to me is where the uncertainty lies.

Personally I think some hi cap and what they like to call "assault rifle" ban is coming for sure, by executive order if it won't pass Congress, O has nothing to lose anymore. I'm more worried about a full out semi auto ban (handguns too) and a mag ban of capacity of over something like 10 rounds. I'm buying more Glock, HK, and even Browning 22 Buckmark mags than anything else. Of course I already have a ton of Pmags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipe10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I think some hi cap and what they like to call "assault rifle" ban is coming for sure, by executive order if it won't pass Congress, O has nothing to lose anymore. I'm more worried about a full out semi auto ban (handguns too) and a mag ban of capacity of over something like 10 rounds. I'm buying more Glock, HK, and even Browning 22 Buckmark mags than anything else. Of course I already have a ton of Pmags. </div></div>

Agreed. I guess we will wait and we what happens. I just hope they cant touch handguns.

I watched a Noveske chainsaw lower GEN II go for $857.00 last night on gunbroker this is beyond crazy stupid!!!

CNN.com has a poll going on asking if "gun related violence is a national security issue?". This is just a setup for the Bamster to pass anti-gun legislation through executive order. THIS is what we all need to be worried about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CNN.com has a poll going on asking if "gun related violence is a national security issue?". This is just a setup for the Bamster to pass anti-gun legislation through executive order. THIS is what we all need to be worried about.</div></div>
Even though I voted NO because I know where they are headed- it would be an issue if we didn't all have arms.
Not the answer they want.
If we allow them to neuter us then that works directly against the second amendment by allowing the government to always be able to conquer us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Radar86</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stopped by Cabela's today to pick up a camo hoodie for a present and made my way over to the gun counter and stood there in amazement. First I looked at the number on the ticket roll for help. It was on 49 then I looked up at the number they were on 6. Bet thats over a 2 hour wait. Then I walked down the counter doing a little people watching. People were buying guns they had zero clue how to operate. Saw a number of carts that had over $500 in reloading stuff in them. Cabelas had a sign up that stated 10 boxes of ammo per person. Very few cases of bulk rifle ammo left. Just a sad sad state of action going on </div></div>

That's normal for the Cabelas in Fort Worth. It's always crazy there. </div></div>

This is true, I was there last night. They were completely out of any factory 308 win... So, it looks like that rock chucker that's been sitting under the bed will get some use.

I Hope there isn't another bad. However if you look at our Gun Rights historically, they have been chipped away little by little. I don't expect this to end anytime soon. Our politicians are not idiots. They may appear so because they can't tell a 10/22 from a M16. However they know how to play to the crowd. It doesn't matter that the evidence is against them. If they can use emotion and throw in a little smoke an mirrors they can make the sheep believe what they want.

Our only hope is that gun owners are more vocal than the sheep and scare the politicians into thinking we WILL vote them out if they screw us. We got our noses bloodied in the last election. This is a problem because it makes the NRA and gun owners as a whole look weak.

I've emailed the White House (not that'll do much good) and called and emailed my Senators multiple times, everyone needs to do the same

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to say it, but this is why I slowly but surely stocked up over the Bush years. </div></div>

I too had a feeling this was coming. It appeared to me that it would not take much for a new, and possible final, ban to be implemented.

In the last year I bought 3 AR lowers plus a complete POF.

Make sure to email your senators and congressmen and tell them that you will not stand for another gun ban of any sort.

The fight is not over yet, so let's make sure we are heard.

Be sure to talk with your friends and coworkers. I have been able to convince a large number of individuals that their view on semi-automatic rifles, which was based on the Media's views, was incorrect.

I have found the easiest way to convince others is to straight up tell them that the second amendment is not about the use of sporting arms. It is about having the ability to keep the Government in check.

We all know that the previous assault weapon ban did nothing to curb gun violence. Columbine happened smack dab in the middle of the Clinton era ban.

Let's not give up and roll over when it comes to our rights. It is time we let our voices be heard.