• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

People don’t want to go back to work?

2019 my business was 40% over my ten year average. 2020 I was 77% over the ten year average. This year is on pace to do the same. I know several others in the same business and they're all about the same as me. Going into Lowe's, Home Depot and a few other places you'd think that people have hit the lottery. No parking and lined up at the check out. Problem is that there's a help wanted sign up at those places. There's a lack of help in the stores and nobody wants to work in them even though they are offering decent pay and benefits. The people that have been there for a long time are sticking it out but there's a large turnover of new hires.

There is a lot of hunger in America but it depends on your practical definition of the word.

I spend a fair % of time in SF, LA and NYC. There are lots of individuals and families that are hungry. I wouldn't think that it is any different at any other large metropolitan area. I also see it here in Newport, RI. It is a town of 24,000.

You know how I know that they are hungry...they don't ask for money. They want a meal

Fucking tragedy that it is happening in America

Fucking politicians in DC should be held accountable

The number one cause of death in the US is heart issues, number one cause of heart issues is being fat. Frankly this country could do well with MORE people being hungry, think eating too much is a far bigger issue than eating too little.

Also as a guy, seems like it’s getting harder and harder to find women who arnt fat

The number one cause of death in the US is heart issues, number one cause of heart issues is being fat. Frankly this country could do well with MORE people being hungry, think eating too much is a far bigger issue than eating too little.

Also as a guy, seems like it’s getting harder and harder to find women who arnt fat
This is my fight song.

I've got something to say about being FAT.....At least when the U.S. goes to total shit and your weak, man-bun wearing ass, is starving, I'm going to survive a month or two longer than you, so, there's that and.....🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕! OH, one more thing.. FAT chicks can and will, rock-your-world buddy, know why??? Because they don't know when they're going to get it again! Mac🖕🖕

Last edited:
I've got something to say about being FAT.....At least when the U.S. goes to total shit and you're weak ass is starving, I'm going to survive a month or so longer than you're man-bun wearing ass, so.....🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕! OH, one more thing.. FAT women can get it on real well, know why??? Because they don't know when they are going to get it again! Mac🖕🖕
No fat people are just fat. Your not going to live longer.
FC4CF437-1D58-4702-BA98-699CD10313AD.gif

I've got something to say about being FAT.....At least when the U.S. goes to total shit and your weak, man-bun wearing ass, is starving, I'm going to survive a month or two longer than you, so, there's that and.....🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕! OH, one more thing.. FAT chicks can and will, rock-your-world buddy, know why??? Because they don't know when they're going to get it again! Mac🖕🖕

Mac n’ cheese more like

The comedy that has almost turned into a documentary. Good movie too
Almost? No. Not almost. IS... a documentary.

The US government spends about $668 billion a year on over 120 different welfare programs.

63% of immigrants are on welfare.
(let that sink in... they aren't citizens... but we pay for them to reproduce like rats, and their kids become citizens... which we also pay for.)

They intentionally hide the figures, so it's hard to find a concrete source.... but roughly 1/3 of the population in this country is getting a free ride on welfare... and that doesn't even include the fact that a tremendous number of them pay no taxes due to under-reporting or not reporting what income they do have.

Yet almost every one of them has a cell phone, a car, a house/apt, big TV, internet, and cable/etc.

And just as indicated in the above documentary, despite being "broke," they won't hesitate to have as many kids as they can. The more kids they have, the more money they GET, not money they have to earn.

It IS a documentary.

Interesting note on california. As draconian as their covid response was, and as many businesses as they shut down permanently, tax revenue is up. Since the tax season was extended, they dont know just how much its ip, but the state will have a surplus. Hard to believe, but that seems to be the case.
Cap gains/corp taxes are where CA makes it’s real money I think. Lots of tech cos had great years, stock up, employees when lots of stock options sold them and enjoyed the time off from COVID.

You're equating physical size with degree of hunger. Poor choice.

Heart disease has many factors and weight is only one of them and actually not the principle cause of heart attacks. Poor diet (quality versus quantity), sedentary behavior and smoking are the major components for vascular disease.

Regarding the women....don't know what to say to that. Maybe your definition of fat is a bit distorted?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring'r and Bradu
Almost? No. Not almost. IS... a documentary.

The US government spends about $668 billion a year on over 120 different welfare programs.

63% of immigrants are on welfare.
(let that sink in... they aren't citizens... but we pay for them to reproduce like rats, and their kids become citizens... which we also pay for.)

They intentionally hide the figures, so it's hard to find a concrete source.... but roughly 1/3 of the population in this country is getting a free ride on welfare... and that doesn't even include the fact that a tremendous number of them pay no taxes due to under-reporting or not reporting what income they do have.

Yet almost every one of them has a NICER cell phone, car, house/apt, big TV, internet, and cable/etc. than you have most likely [\B]!

And just as indicated in the above documentary, despite being "broke," they won't hesitate to have as many kids as they can. The more kids they have, the more money they GET, not money they have to earn.

It IS a documentary.
Fixed it for you!

You're equating physical size with degree of hunger. Poor choice.

Heart disease has many factors and weight is only one of them and actually not the principle cause of heart attacks. Poor diet (quality versus quantity), sedentary behavior and smoking are the major components for vascular disease.

Regarding the women....don't know what to say to that. Maybe your definition of fat is a bit distorted?

So when I was in the EMS world, one of our most common calls was MI, the mall as majority were fat, as in outside of one guy we had who had a genetic defect, I don’t recall one person who wasn’t fat

Something better change soon or it's going to get pretty bad. It's 220 days out for a Cummins rebuild kit that was quoted today. I know other parts are months out as well, we were quoted 6 months for a turbo about two weeks ago. It will hurt the trucking industry in a bad way when trucks are sitting at repair shops waiting for parts to show up.

• Sad
Reactions: 10ring'r
Something better change soon or it's going to get pretty bad. It's 220 days out for a Cummins rebuild kit that was quoted today. I know other parts are months out as well, we were quoted 6 months for a turbo about two weeks ago. It will hurt the trucking industry in a bad way when trucks are sitting at repair shops waiting for parts to show up.
Wow, no kidding?

Reactions: Bradu
wow is right! everything we have comes from a truck at some point, can't have that part of the economy sitting idle.

gotta admit, I do miss the smell of diesel walking around the truck stops. My dads' family were truck drivers (movers)

F#ck work! In 7 months I’ll be giving the boss my two weeks/official retirement notice. 41 years of working for the man and I’m burned out. F#ck best practices, f#ck sensitive feelings, and f#ck whitey who has been holding the working man down. I feel better already... 😝

• Love
Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
F#ck work! In 7 months I’ll be giving the boss my two weeks/official retirement notice. 41 years of working for the man and I’m burned out. F#ck best practices, f#ck sensitive feelings, and f#ck whitey who has been holding the working man down. I feel better already... 😝

41 years of doing something you didn’t enjoy, so you can enjoy doing nothing?

Wow, no kidding?
Yep. I ordered a passenger side mirror the other day, only two left in the country according to the Peterbilt dealership if that tells you anything.

Another restaurant is shutting down for a few days because they don't have help to cover those shifts. They said first time in the 20 years that they've had to do it.

Reactions: oneshot86
Yep. I ordered a passenger side mirror the other day, only two left in the country according to the Peterbilt dealership if that tells you anything.

Another restaurant is shutting down for a few days because they don't have help to cover those shifts. They said first time in the 20 years that they've had to do it.

whats peterbuilts excuse? Are their manufacturing plants in states that outlawed work and freedom, like NY or something?

Same with the restaurant, deep blue state or very low pay or QOL?

In my area the only places near me that didn’t make it were empty before covid, the places with help wanted signs had high turnover and help wanted signs before.
The good places have plenty of people eating there and much of the same staff as before covid.

When the local government said stay home I started working from home and have so far been able to refuse going back to the office. I'm at LEAST 15% more productive at home - fewer interruptions by the boss and coworkers, and actually put in more time each day on the job. Been using masks as my excuse for not going back, but since everybody on the team has had the jab that won't fly anymore. I save $50-100 a week in gas plus the wear and tear on both the vehicle and me. Though probably increased my food budget - never ate lunch out at work, but now I'm able to raid the pantry at home and have increased the food budget's sweets allocation.

My two sons had technical cubicle jobs and when Covid hit they started to work from home. In both cases their companies have concluded there's no need for their workers to return to cubicle-land. One is selling his house - the one they bought so they'd be close to work - and moving closer to the rest of the family (making grandma VERY happy!). Son-in-law on the other hand is Army and for some strange reason they won't let him work from home . . .

30 something niece has been with the local Chili's restaurant for something like 10 years, rose to position of some level of manager. Can't get staff to come to work so they have got her working 7 days a week plus overtime handling reception, bussing tables, helping out the few waiters that make it to work, bartending - and getting flack from customers due to the poor level of service due to, wait for it - lack of staff. She just quit. Says they're burning her out and it's just not worth the OT anymore.

When the local government said stay home I started working from home and have so far been able to refuse going back to the office. I'm at LEAST 15% more productive at home - fewer interruptions by the boss and coworkers, and actually put in more time each day on the job. Been using masks as my excuse for not going back, but since everybody on the team has had the jab that won't fly anymore. I save $50-100 a week in gas plus the wear and tear on both the vehicle and me. Though probably increased my food budget - never ate lunch out at work, but now I'm able to raid the pantry at home and have increased the food budget's sweets allocation.

My two sons had technical cubicle jobs and when Covid hit they started to work from home. In both cases their companies have concluded there's no need for their workers to return to cubicle-land. One is selling his house - the one they bought so they'd be close to work - and moving closer to the rest of the family (making grandma VERY happy!). Son-in-law on the other hand is Army and for some strange reason they won't let him work from home . . .

30 something niece has been with the local Chili's restaurant for something like 10 years, rose to position of some level of manager. Can't get staff to come to work so they have got her working 7 days a week plus overtime handling reception, bussing tables, helping out the few waiters that make it to work, bartending - and getting flack from customers due to the poor level of service due to, wait for it - lack of staff. She just quit. Says they're burning her out and it's just not worth the OT anymore.

What’s does chili pay and what’s the sched and work environment like?

Before I got into doing some add on industry related training, I got a wild hair and called around to see if I could get a bar tending job to fill some of my free time I have with my real job, noooope, not many place looking to hire unless you’re a hot chick, so not sure about not being able to get workers.

Same with sales, thought it might be fun to get back into car sales, nooope, unless I was willing to work like 6 days a week every week, and even then the commissions and compensation was lacking.

Last edited:
whats peterbuilts excuse? Are their manufacturing plants in states that outlawed work and freedom, like NY or something?

Same with the restaurant, deep blue state or very low pay or QOL?

In my area the only places near me that didn’t make it were empty before covid, the places with help wanted signs had high turnover and help wanted signs before.
The good places have plenty of people eating there and much of the same staff as before covid.
Covid is blamed for most of the parts. They don't elaborate any more than that. The restaurant is always busy, usually have to wait a while on the weekends for a table. It is located in a Republican state. My dad's neighbor has a granddaughter that works there part time because she says the pay with tips is more than what she makes as a nurse.

Not sure why you have such a hard time believing what is going on. You did catch the part about the restaurant never having this problem before in 20 years right? It's not just a few places, look at computer chips for vehicles and lots full of new vehicles waiting on them. Drive by car dealerships and look at the lack of new vehicles.

Covid is blamed for most of the parts. They don't elaborate any more than that. The restaurant is always busy, usually have to wait a while on the weekends for a table. It is located in a Republican state. My dad's neighbor has a granddaughter that works there part time because she says the pay with tips is more than what she makes as a nurse.

Not sure why you have such a hard time believing what is going on. You did catch the part about the restaurant never having this problem before in 20 years right? It's not just a few places, look at computer chips for vehicles and lots full of new vehicles waiting on them. Drive by car dealerships and look at the lack of new vehicles.

If it’s more than a nurse makes, something is funky, I’m in a republican state and I was looking at a few bar tending gigs to fill some free time, I didn’t expect near RN pay, and there wasn’t much to pick from.

If it’s more than a nurse makes, something is funky, I’m in a republican state and I was looking at a few bar tending gigs to fill some free time, I didn’t expect near RN pay, and there wasn’t much to pick from.
Why is it funky? Ever see what a good looking girl with a good personality can make in tips? 3-400 a night on weekends isn't uncommon when alcohol is involved. How many nurses starting out make that in an 8 hour day?

Why do you ask about things and then when you're told first hand knowledge, you don't believe the people telling you?

I'm not sure why anyone wastes their time with you in threads like this

• Love
Reactions: Yasherka and Bradu
Why do you ask about things and then when you're told first hand knowledge, you don't believe the people telling you?

I'm not sure why anyone wastes their time with you in threads like this

It’s called wanting more info, and it just seems like a major hit in quality of life if your tossing that kind of cash for the pittance you get from the state, if you’re low wage I kinda get it, but if you’re making that kind of money, it’s just hard to make sense of, even if you don’t have to go to work, I mean how much fun could a person who used to make nearly 6 figures have at 1/3 of less the pay, free time ain’t that great if you don’t have the $$ to enjoy it.

I fuck fat women.

It’s called wanting more info, and it just seems like a major hit in quality of life if your tossing that kind of cash for the pittance you get from the state, if you’re low wage I kinda get it, but if you’re making that kind of money, it’s just hard to make sense of, even if you don’t have to go to work, I mean how much fun could a person who used to make nearly 6 figures have at 1/3 of less the pay, free time ain’t that great if you don’t have the $$ to enjoy it.
I took a $100k a year pay cut almost ten years ago and don't regret it. Money isn't worth a fuck if you don't have time to enjoy it either. People have to find a balance between work and play that makes them happy.

I took a $100k a year pay cut almost ten years ago and don't regret it. Money isn't worth a fuck if you don't have time to enjoy it either. People have to find a balance between work and play that makes them happy.
He's about to refute you with an unrelated anecdote that proves nothing

• Haha
Reactions: Yasherka and Bradu
41 years of doing something you didn’t enjoy, so you can enjoy doing nothing?
You must be thinking of your ill prepared retirement. I'm usually hunting 8 months out of the year. Instead of doing it one or two days a week, it'll be three or four. Followed by four months of preparing for the next eight months of hunting and not putting up with anyone's bullschitt...

Reactions: Bradu
You must be thinking of your ill prepared retirement. I'm usually hunting 8 months out of the year. Instead of doing it one or two days a week, it'll be three or four. Followed by four months of preparing for the next eight months of hunting and not putting up with anyone's bullschitt...

My retirement plan is death.

I more or less do the same thing I do for work on some of my days off. Got some other hobbies too, I have plenty of time for them with work, aside from maybe doing to blue water cruising there isn’t anything not having a job would do for me, and I doubt I’d cruise for more than a year or two before I felt like I was going to lose my proverbial shit and wanted to go back to “work”.

To each their own

Did you put in for the bison hunt lottery in AZ? That looked pretty epic

Start over - redistribute the "stuff" and start a new game.
Yeah, you're totally not a Socialist, and how dare I call you out for being one.
Anyone else here think that Capitalism has reached it's limits? Ever play Monopoly? The game I mean...what happens at the end of the game? 1 person has all the money, all the property, and everyone else is slowly losing it until one person runs the board and owns it all. In America, .01% of the people now own like 90% of the Assets and Capital. End game. The rest are done now and simply cannot recover...the game is over.

How will the new game resume? The board gets wiped and we start over...this is where we are now. The Game has reached it's conclusion and a miniscule amount of players have literally all of the Capital, power, and control the game. Reset. Start over - redistribute the "stuff" and start a new game. Our Government is owned/operated by the winners of the game (those with all the capital) and all they want is more, more, more and they want it from you. And I. And they want it no matter what happens to US because, well shit, they won the game and they make the rules.

Where now fellow Capitalists? I made 38% in the Market last year and I'm retiring and bankrolling my winnings and retiring from the game in about 16 months. Where now? The Game of Monopoly is over. What's yer Plan for a reset?

VooDoo
So, the system is rigged for the major players, yet you're here bragging that you made 38% on your investments while "the man" has his boot on your neck. And last year you were here whining that you lost your job and "only" had 250K in CASH on hand to "get by" on, and retirement was now (then) TOTALLY out of the question and you were going to have to slave on for the rest of your natural life to make ends meet. Yeah, I remember that, too.

Last edited: