• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Perm. attached BattleComp on 14.5" Middy - Pics!

The Quiet One

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Idaho
I'm in the process of building a couple Mid-Length 14.5" Carbines and recently had the BattleComps pinned and welded. I thought I'd share a few photos and give a shout out to the shop that did the work. They turned out perfect.

P1101029.jpg

P1101033.jpg

Re: Perm. attached BattleComp on 14.5" Middy - Pics!

So, is this no longer considered an SBR (requiring a tax stamp) if the comp is perm attached?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR FE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, is this no longer considered an SBR (requiring a tax stamp) if the comp is perm attached? </div></div>

Yep, that is correct as the length is now greater than 16".

Brought to 16.1 IIRC or my BCM 14.5 is. Your weld job is neater than mine
frown.gif
damnit i wish i would've gone with the battlecomp now. Guess i'll be saving it for my SBR. I wanna see pics of the whole rifle

39934_1358767730997_1285620147_30825047_64683_n.jpg

I had BCM pin a FSC556 on one of their 14.5 middys. It was a really clean job.

It doesn't bother me really i was just saying.

I had my barrel cut to about 14.7" to use the slightly shorter battle comp 2.0 . Great set up your going to love it. Although I'm not 100% sure yet, I feel the battlecomp has thrown the accuracy a bit. Has any one eles felt that way about a battle comp? Other than that......really fantastic comp! Its on there for ever now. Oh well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kenndapp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had my barrel cut to about 14.7" to use the slightly shorter battle comp 2.0 . Great set up your going to love it. Although I'm not 100% sure yet, I feel the battlecomp has thrown the accuracy a bit. Has any one eles felt that way about a battle comp? Other than that......really fantastic comp! Its on there for ever now. Oh well. </div></div>

I like the look of the shorter BattleComp better too, but I purchased these barrels, so 14.5" it is. They are Daniel Defense CHF 1:7" Chrome Lined barrels. As for the accuracy, these both shot 1.25 MOA 5 shot groups with 55 grain FMJ at 100 yds. Good enough for my purpose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any reason you decided to keep the washer in place of just using the brake itself? </div></div>

I used the crush washer to time the Comp. Shims or a peel washer would work too.

how do you like that battlecomp? im currently shopping around for a comp for a 14.5 upper as well. i'm running a KAC birdcage at the moment but that needs to go byebye if im going to take the thing to the range. i was looking at a AAC brake out/AAC black out/Surefire556 and the battlecomp 1.5

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: regatoni5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do you like that battlecomp? im currently shopping around for a comp for a 14.5 upper as well. i'm running a KAC birdcage at the moment but that needs to go byebye if im going to take the thing to the range. i was looking at a AAC brake out/AAC black out/Surefire556 and the battlecomp 1.5 </div></div>

So far I like the BattleComps fine. I think they produce a very straight back recoil impulse, no muzzle rise. I also have a Brake Out on a different gun and I like it as well. I haven't shot the two side by side yet. Our goal with the BattleComps was to have an effective brake that would be as gentle as possible on other shooters when we go to a training class or a busy range. The Black Out is a very effective flash hider.

Have the BC on my 10.5" Bushy, great comp. Have a triple tap on another SBR and , personally I don't see enough of a difference to justify the extra cost. I understand the difficulty in working with Iconel and resultant cost, if I had the cash I would definitely spend it. But for $100, the BC is right there. Honestly the dfference is nil if at all for my shoulder-meter. Both look great and perform great.

Had it out.... Done by Noveske

0e8c7193.jpg

816a449f.jpg

bff01697.jpg

3bc6b224.jpg