• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Perplexed about S&B

Counter clockwise would have me rolling the turret from 12 oclock to 6 oclock which by my little graphic of my turret shows Ill be entering into the 1L zone. As shot 23 shows making an adjustment into the 1L zone moves the impact of the bullet right.

The scope is a PMII with MTC, CCW and the RAL8000 ceracoat. An internet picture of the scope from the operator view

Schmidt-Bender-PMII-5-25x56-MRAD-MTC-LT-CCW-top_zps953801ec.jpg

You're obviously looking only at the "zone" you're dialing in to and not the corresponding arrows with the letters R and L.

When you're dialing towards the L look at the arrow above the L and you'll see quite clearly that you're dialing point of impact right. The arrow over the L clearly shows clockwise rotation for moving point of impact left while R shows counter clockwise. I have NEVER heard of anyone being so confused about this. Quite the unique case I must admit.........

Last edited:
You're obviously looking only at the "zone" you're dialing in to and not the corresponding arrows with the letters R and L.

When you're dialing towards the L look at the arrow above the L and you'll see quite clearly that you're dialing point of impact right. The arrow over the L clearly shows clockwise rotation for moving point of impact left while R shows counter clockwise. I have NEVER heard of anyone being so confused about this. Quite the unique case I must admit.........

Absolutely right!

I thought my problems would be with the MTC turrets failing, which has not been a unique problem on these scopes, but my only issue was self inflicted stupidity.

No worries, no harm done.

Feel free to call or pm me if you ever have any questions or issues.

I haven't read all the above posts describing "how to turn a knob" -- if you have confirmed that your windage knob is moving the POI the "wrong" way, then you have an incorrect part. Either the windage turret screw assembly is wrong handed or you simply got the wrong windage knob (arrow should point the other way). Check with Jerry R, he da man.

To all involved.

I thank you for your efforts with straightening out my strange thinking ways. Within 6 hours of starting the thread (which equated to maybe 15 minutes of real time thinking about the problem) actually looking at the photo of the windage knob, instead of concentrating on the next round, it became clear to me what was wrong in my thinking. Everything that happened after about 2200 hours of that first night was just added helpful verbiage.

I am very happy with my scope, blame myself for the error, appreciate JerryR for monitoring the board for real issues and graciously giving members pretty much "concierge" service to help them out. Im lucky to own this scope (unless wifey finds out what it cost and bashes my brains in with it) and than have a place to come and get my screw ups straightened out.

I would like to stress that there is nothing wrong with the scope, it was operator error.

Group hug, now.

Last edited: